CPS in Raleigh County
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I am a single mother of 2 beautiful children. I love them more than anything. So how is it that a father who was not there a whole pregnancy and no help after my youngest was born can just take my son from me for good while I am in the hospital for cardiac problems.

To make matters even worse, he told them I was in a psych ward at RGH which by the way doesn't have one, then use that to keep my oldest daughter from me....EVEN after proving that what he told them was a lie by bringing my med records to court.

Then told that being homeless and on welfare was better for my kids and I than having a decent job and good benefits....how f*&$$% up is that?

Yet the crack whore down the street getting her kids high and selling herself gets to keep her kids....what is wrong with this picture???

Is it just me or is the system REALLY screwed up?

Since: Feb 08

Lubbock, TX

#2 Apr 17, 2008
There seems to be a piece(s) of the puzzle missing? If you do not have your children with you after Court hearings, then its for something else than what is posted..

And, Raleigh Co. CPS are professionals...

If your worried about the "crack whore" down the street getting her kids "high" then call CPS or Law Enforcement and be WILLING to TESTIFY that you have first hand knowledge that this behavior is going on.. like you've been there and seen it happen.. not you just somehow know it's going on... What's wrong with this picture is there are some people who KNOW child abuse is occurring but will not go to the point of coming into a Court of Law to testify of their knowledge..

Since: Apr 08

United States

#3 Apr 17, 2008
I am still going through the court process at this point and fighting for my kids. As for the REAL reason....that IS the only reason.

As for being professional yes they are for the most part...but some choose to only listen to what is said without checking all the facts. In fact the judge told them that they were to arrange for me to see my kids during the process because he saw no evidence that I shouldn't be able to see them, but that he could not do anything to give them to me permanently til the actual court date for me to get them back. Yet I still have not been able to see my kids even after the mediation was done so that I could do so.

As for the "crack whore" I have called them numerous times, and I AM willing to testify in court for something like that. But nothing has been done, not even a visit.

Since: Feb 08

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 17, 2008
Okay... The first post left me with the impression that your son was taken from you "for good..." because you were in the hospital for cardiac problems.. I mis-understood your post.

I was under the impression that "Child Protective Services" must have filed a petition for the safety of your children and had them removed, then placed them with the father. I understand that in West Virginia Code 49, there is nothing that states a parent having medical problems such as yours would constitute imminent danger to your children. I thought CPS had custody of your kids, not the father, however, it sounds as if the father has initiated the Court proceedings in Family Law... That leaves me confused however, why CPS would be involved in your Court proceedings..

As for the "crack whore" you wrote about, when you called in a report, did you tell them you have first hand knowledge, as in actually seeing them use drugs illegally around the children? CPS will respond to substance use around children, however, they are bound by the same laws of evidence in a criminal hearing if they are to prove a removal in Court.. they must have evidence which will stand in Court. An eye witness is one such thing.
Ignore Ignorence

Willis, TX

#5 Jun 22, 2008
CPS in Beckley is a JOKE!!

I used to live on a very busy street off the four lanes. During the time I lived there, which was about 2 years ago, I found a little boy that was about 2 years old standing in my front yard at 9am with nothing but a diaper on. It was below freezing outside. I brought the little boy in my house, immediately called the police. The police in turn, called CPS.

2 HOURS after the police got to my house, the boys family came driving up and down the road looking for him.

COME ON! How long does it take to notice that your 2-year-old is missing?

Anyway...by 3:00 that day, the little boy was walking back up the road again in nothing but a diaper AGAIN.

Not to mention the fact that a few months prior to this, there was a meth lab busted in the little boy's bedroom.

So yeah...CPS are definitely professionals...at NOT doing their jobs!
Emily

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 3, 2008
if your kid was taken from you by cps, then you must have done something terribly wrong. They are not the ones who decide to take your kids, the Judge does. And for that to happen, there has to be a lot of evidence that your children are being abused. Plus, it sounds like you are dealing with family court, not circuit court and CPS has nothing to do with family court unless an investigation is ordered by the family court judge.
mark

Charleston, WV

#7 Jul 5, 2008
CPS are professionals and very good at what they do. They do not take kids for the heck of it. If they took yor kids, you were abusing them. Plain as that.
Amy

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 5, 2008
As for visitation, CPS has no control over that. If the family court judge ordered it, then it is supposed to be done at the women's resource center by thier staff, not cps. there are holes all in in your story and it doesn't sound right. sounds like you are in a custody battle and are blaming cps for deisions the family court is making, which cps has nothing to do with.
Teresa

Whitesboro, TX

#9 Jul 7, 2008
It sounds as if we have a lot of "Experts" here. CPS is a joke, just like every other State run Department. I was born here, but I was not raised here. I have been back here, by my own choice for 10 years now, and what I have witnessed as far as State organizations go, is a lot of ignorance at play, and that is partly due to this state being so far behind everyone else. I also feel that the wages are not nearly adequate enough to make people want to actually care about their professions.
kim

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 7, 2008
I take offense to that. I work for the state and i work very hard at my job and i am proud of my profession. Not many people would work for the wages that we make, but some of us do feel like we are making a difference. We are not a joke. W work 12 hour days and still cannot get all the work that needs to be done done, so, unless you have been there, don't say that we are a joke.
SENICA-26

Spring Hill, FL

#11 Nov 22, 2009
Mountain-eer wrote:
There seems to be a piece(s) of the puzzle missing? If you do not have your children with you after Court hearings, then its for something else than what is posted..
And, Raleigh Co. CPS are professionals...
If your worried about the "crack whore" down the street getting her kids "high" then call CPS or Law Enforcement and be WILLING to TESTIFY that you have first hand knowledge that this behavior is going on.. like you've been there and seen it happen.. not you just somehow know it's going on... What's wrong with this picture is there are some people who KNOW child abuse is occurring but will not go to the point of coming into a Court of Law to testify of their knowledge..
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH HER THE SYSTEM IS MESSED UP BIG TIME THEY WANT TO MESS WITH THE FAMILIES THAT DONT NEED THEM AND LET GO THE ONES THAT DOES DO WRONG WITH THEIR CHILDREN I BELIEVE THAT AT LEAST 70% OF RALEIGH CO MOTHERS HAVE HAD CPS CALLED ON THEM I HAVE BUT NONE WAS EVER TRUE I HAVE 5 CHILDREN THEY ARE MY LIFE MY WORLD AND I WOULD HURT ANYONE WHO TRIED TPO MESS WITH MY FAMILY WICH AM IN THE PROCESS OF NOW BUT CPS GOES AFTER THE WRONG PEOPLE AND HELPS THE ONES THAT NEEDS THEIR KIDS PLACED IN A GOOD HOME I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL I KNOW SEVERAL THAT NEED THEIR HELP AND CANT GET IT IT'S UNREAL AND WRONG!!!
SENICA-26

Spring Hill, FL

#12 Nov 22, 2009
Band Aid Chick - Medic 85 wrote:
I am a single mother of 2 beautiful children. I love them more than anything. So how is it that a father who was not there a whole pregnancy and no help after my youngest was born can just take my son from me for good while I am in the hospital for cardiac problems.
To make matters even worse, he told them I was in a psych ward at RGH which by the way doesn't have one, then use that to keep my oldest daughter from me....EVEN after proving that what he told them was a lie by bringing my med records to court.
Then told that being homeless and on welfare was better for my kids and I than having a decent job and good benefits....how f*&$$% up is that?
Yet the crack whore down the street getting her kids high and selling herself gets to keep her kids....what is wrong with this picture???
Is it just me or is the system REALLY screwed up?
I have to agree with you 100% and would like to talk to you more if you have myspace would you send a request for me to add you my url is myspace.com/senica25
Two sides to every story

Fruitland Park, FL

#13 Nov 22, 2009
It's not CPS, it is employees. Some of them are awesome, but others just don't care. But one fact is CERTAIN- you have to cooperate with them to get your kids back, so the less attitude towards them, the better.
funny

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Nov 22, 2009
Mountain-eer wrote:
There seems to be a piece(s) of the puzzle missing? If you do not have your children with you after Court hearings, then its for something else than what is posted..
And, Raleigh Co. CPS are professionals...
If your worried about the "crack whore" down the street getting her kids "high" then call CPS or Law Enforcement and be WILLING to TESTIFY that you have first hand knowledge that this behavior is going on.. like you've been there and seen it happen.. not you just somehow know it's going on... What's wrong with this picture is there are some people who KNOW child abuse is occurring but will not go to the point of coming into a Court of Law to testify of their knowledge..
cps is a joke.
they will bother the good parents and harass them then find nothing,but will not even investigate the parents that are actually abusing their children.
I have seen it first hand and know thats how it works.
Two sides to every story

Fruitland Park, FL

#15 Nov 22, 2009
They are not trying to be mean to you (don't you think that they have to deal with A LOT of hateful people?), they are just trying to do their jobs.
Rev Earnest Angley

Beckley, WV

#16 Nov 22, 2009
Band Aid Chick - Medic 85 wrote:
I am a single mother of 2 beautiful children. I love them more than anything. So how is it that a father who was not there a whole pregnancy and no help after my youngest was born can just take my son from me for good while I am in the hospital for cardiac problems.
To make matters even worse, he told them I was in a psych ward at RGH which by the way doesn't have one, then use that to keep my oldest daughter from me....EVEN after proving that what he told them was a lie by bringing my med records to court.
Then told that being homeless and on welfare was better for my kids and I than having a decent job and good benefits....how f*&$$% up is that?
Yet the crack whore down the street getting her kids high and selling herself gets to keep her kids....what is wrong with this picture???
Is it just me or is the system REALLY screwed up?
Praise Jesus little one. For the meek shall inherit the earth. God told me to tell you to keep your legs together and quit spreading them to breed more children. You got what you deserve. CPS is run by Satan himself. Beelzebub will use CPS at times to do injustice to you that serve the Savior. I know one CPS worker who is disowned by her father because she mixed race. Unequal oxen the Bible says. CPS is to be feared. They are the all powerful force from under. Say B A B Y. SHOUT IT. GLORY GLORY. Send me a love gift and I will anoint you and fight these same wicked politicians in office who create the laws to allow CPS to take your children for no valid reason. I need your love gift today so I can continue the work of our Lord. Amen
Whatever

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 7, 2009
Rev Earnest Angley wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise Jesus little one. For the meek shall inherit the earth. God told me to tell you to keep your legs together and quit spreading them to breed more children. You got what you deserve. CPS is run by Satan himself. Beelzebub will use CPS at times to do injustice to you that serve the Savior. I know one CPS worker who is disowned by her father because she mixed race. Unequal oxen the Bible says. CPS is to be feared. They are the all powerful force from under. Say B A B Y. SHOUT IT. GLORY GLORY. Send me a love gift and I will anoint you and fight these same wicked politicians in office who create the laws to allow CPS to take your children for no valid reason. I need your love gift today so I can continue the work of our Lord. Amen
I have seen many post from you on here,It seems you just want people to send you money,and say BABY. You need to see a doctor.Your a joke .You really need help..
Journey

Beckley, WV

#18 Dec 8, 2009
Teresa wrote:
It sounds as if we have a lot of "Experts" here. CPS is a joke, just like every other State run Department. I was born here, but I was not raised here. I have been back here, by my own choice for 10 years now, and what I have witnessed as far as State organizations go, is a lot of ignorance at play, and that is partly due to this state being so far behind everyone else. I also feel that the wages are not nearly adequate enough to make people want to actually care about their professions.
I know CPS can make mistakes. But they have cases overloads. A family member is a Social Worker, and her caseload alone is 200 families. So that's where the problem comes in, like nurses, they are overworked and not enough to do the jobs.
Journey

Beckley, WV

#19 Dec 8, 2009
kim wrote:
I take offense to that. I work for the state and i work very hard at my job and i am proud of my profession. Not many people would work for the wages that we make, but some of us do feel like we are making a difference. We are not a joke. W work 12 hour days and still cannot get all the work that needs to be done done, so, unless you have been there, don't say that we are a joke.
Kim, I agree with ya. One of my family members has 200 cases. That's just for her alone. Social Workers are very hard workers and work long hours. They also have one of the most stressful jobs out there. I know of a couple people that quit because they couldn't handle the pressure. So you keep up the good work and keep doing what you are.
gee

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Dec 8, 2009
I know CPS is overworked and they have huge caseloads. The problem I find is when a parent is reported for neglect because they are laying drunk, CPS calls them to tell them when they are coming. I don't think that is right. If the worker has to do this because it is state law, there is a major malfunction in that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hometown subaru 40 min Alicia 10
Jermey Hommey lll dog abuser 41 min Alicia 3
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 4 hr Jon_B 7,255
Dr. Paine Breast implants 8 hr Bert 17
Restaurant 8 hr Bert 12
Whats next 8 hr bob 5
flat top arms 8 hr bob 4

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages