Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Can anyone offer a sound and reasonable argument as to why a person would ever "choose" to be gay?
gaydar

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Being gay is gay. Like 2 hotdogs on one bun gay. Like sucking golf balls through a water hose gay. Like crotchless boxers gay. Like Mr. Brady gay. Like speedo banana hammock gay. Like synchronized swimming gay. Like doing a backflip into a pool of play girl magazines gay. Like skipping rope gay. Like eating a banana with one hand on the back of your head gay. Like free back pops in the community showers gay. Like hollow farts gay. Like high heeled hunting boots gay. Like mayonnaise on your lip gay. Like sack of baseballs gay. Gay. Gay. Gay.

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Good question.

I cannot imagine a single reason to voluntarily choose that lifestyle, but I can think of many negatives:

-Loneliness and social rejection
-Alienation from family
-Abuse (emotional, verbal and physical)
-Religious condemnation
1 post removed
sistersalvation

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Mountaineer wrote:
Can anyone offer a sound and reasonable argument as to why a person would ever "choose" to be gay?
Sure, they think it's cool.

Level 4

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Mountaineer wrote:
This sums it all up:

Romans 1:20 For from the first making of the world, those things of God which the eye is unable to see, that is, his eternal power and existence, are fully made clear, he having given the knowledge of them through the things which he has made, so that men have no reason for wrongdoing:
Romans 1:21 Because, having the knowledge of God, they did not give glory to God as God, and did not give praise, but their minds were full of foolish things, and their hearts, being without sense, were made dark.
Romans 1:22 Seeming to be wise, they were in fact foolish,
Romans 1:23 And by them the glory of the eternal God was changed and made into the image of man who is not eternal, and of birds and beasts and things which go on the earth.
Romans 1:24 For this reason God gave them up to the evil desires of their hearts, working shame in their bodies with one another:
Romans 1:25 Because by them the true word of God was changed into that which is false, and they gave worship and honour to the thing which is made, and not to him who made it, to whom be blessing for ever. So be it.
Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to evil passions, and their women were changing the natural use into one which is unnatural:
Romans 1:27 And in the same way the men gave up the natural use of the woman and were burning in their desire for one another, men doing shame with men, and getting in their bodies the right reward of their evil-doing.
Romans 1:28 And because they had not the mind to keep God in their knowledge, God gave them up to an evil mind, to do those things which are not right;

Here's the short version...mankind is so puffed up by their knowledge, they no longer want to recognize God in their lives and society. Sound familiar? This has been going on since Madeline Murray O'Hare had prayer taken out of schools.

The result of rejecting God in their daily lives is that He lifts the hedge of protection from around them and leaves them to follow after their own evil passions. The direct result is homosexuality. Verse 27 explains what these folks receive for rejecting God and following their own evil passions...diseases such as AIDS and Gay Bowel Syndrome.

I know I will be flamed by the "liberal God-haters" on here but you asked for a sound arguement as to why someone would "choose" that lifestyle. It's simply because they have reject God's goodness and followed after their own desires. That my friend proves they made a "choice".

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Who cares if someone else sins? I am not a supporter of gay marriage but I dont care if someone does marry the same sex. I am not here to judge. Leave that up to god. If the church does not like it then dont allow it. This is why we have seperation of church and state. You all preach the world of god but do not live by it. Stop judging and just live your life and dont be worried how people live theirs.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Anon77 wrote:

"This has been going on since Madeline Murray O'Hare had prayer taken out of schools."

Oh, I'm pretty sure homosexuals were around long before Madeline Murray O'Hare came on the scene. Thanks for clearing up exactly nothing.

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Mountaineer wrote:
Anon77 wrote:
"This has been going on since Madeline Murray O'Hare had prayer taken out of schools."
Oh, I'm pretty sure homosexuals were around long before Madeline Murray O'Hare came on the scene. Thanks for clearing up exactly nothing.
I was talking about THIS COUNTRY!!! It was after O'Hare that gays started to "come out of the closet" and groups like the ACLU started a public campaign to push their gay agenda. If nothing was cleared up for you then that's your "choice" to ignore the truth and settle for human logic.

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

MrsRoby87 wrote:
Who cares if someone else sins? I am not a supporter of gay marriage but I dont care if someone does marry the same sex. I am not here to judge. Leave that up to god. If the church does not like it then dont allow it. This is why we have seperation of church and state. You all preach the world of god but do not live by it. Stop judging and just live your life and dont be worried how people live theirs.
I wasn't judging anyone. "Mountaineer" asked why people would "choose to be gay". I gave them a sound biblical explanation and I am accused of "judging people". Look through my posts and you will see I haven't called anyone out and judged them, I only showed God's explanation of where homosexuality comes from. Your response is typical of today's society. Anything goes and any viewpoint is acceptable, but when a Christians voices their stance they are automatically "judging people".
backwoods

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Mountaineer wrote:
ROFL,you didn't choose to be male or female,white or black your born that way.
sistersalvation

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

backwoods wrote:
<quoted text>ROFL,you didn't choose to be male or female,white or black your born that way.
Mountaineer's born that way what?
B

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Look I'm gay, if I had a choice I wouldn't be. My life is hell my parents pretty much hate me I can't do half the things I want to because I still live with my parents for the time being. Honestly I hate being gay in many ways. I am also a Christian. I have went to church and everything since I was very young. I agree some people do choose this lifestyle, others do not. Just because you interpret writing one way does not mean that it's the correct interpretation. I believe that when a person reads a scripture from the bible they will interpret it the way it is meant for them. If god really has a plan for everyone then why would everyone on the planet have the same exact message?
ugh

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Mountaineer wrote:
No, I can't. Because one does not "choose" the way they feel about another person.
Helen

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't. Because one does not "choose" the way they feel about another person.
Everybody has a choice in everything they do in life, with the exception of being born. Some ministers choose not to marry and have sex with anyone. So do nuns. We don't have to have sex to survive. We have sex by choice, so therefore we choose who we want to have sex with.
Helen

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

backwoods wrote:
<quoted text>ROFL,you didn't choose to be male or female,white or black your born that way.
That is true, but if you are born male or female, you choose how and when, and where you are going to use your equipment. You've been listening to too much Lady Gaga.
Wake Up

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Hell, everything you see nowdays is gay! They either think they are gay, can't decide if they are gay, actually say they are gay, say they were born gay, the list goes on and on! Myself, I could care less who is gay but I am fed up with the gay community trying to shove their lifestyle on everybody!! I mean if they are gay, fine, but good lord shut the hell up about it already because nobody cares if you are gay!!LOL..All you hear in this country now is discrimination against gays, blacks, muslim and once again, The List Goes On And On!!! If a person has a different opinion and speaks it openly, then good god look out, all hell will break loose!! The constitution is slowly fading and will soon be a thing of the past!! Freedom of speech is leaving, Freedom of religion (Christianity) is leaving, Right to bear arms is slowly leaving!! In the last days the Wrong will be made to look Right and the Right made to look Wrong!! I think we are there now, don't you??
Wake Up

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit!! I think I can clearly and with an open mind choose to NOT feel that way towards another female, seeing how I am female myself!!
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit!! I think I can clearly and with an open mind choose to NOT feel that way towards another female, seeing how I am female myself!!
Revealing comment.
B

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit!! I think I can clearly and with an open mind choose to NOT feel that way towards another female, seeing how I am female myself!!
True I am female and with a clear and open mind can Not even FORCE myself to to feel that way towards a MALE.
B

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I agree with ugh, although I think many can choose but others can't. I also agree with wake up because many gay people are annoying. This chic-fil-a shit and everything it's ridiculous. I am gay and I'm embarrassed by this portion of the gay community. But there are idiots in any division of people, gay straight black white Hispanic Muslim, there is no way to put people into a group without ending up with a small portion of idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 min West Virginia Land owner 51,940
Boycott HOBBY LOBBY for anti contrceptive stance (Nov '13) 8 min FDG 143
CoPs 31 min cgi_46 102
John's Tree Service (Apr '12) 51 min let them know 23
little general 1 hr princeton 3
Doctor Assaulted 2 hr Shootist 93
Lois Lerner 6 hr weirdo 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••