Who's got your vote in the West Virgi...
Elections 2014

Who's got your vote in the West Virginia Senate race?

Created by Topix Polls on Oct 20, 2014

397 votes

Click on an option to vote

D Natalie Tennant

R Shelley Moore Capito

MOUNTAIN Bob Henry Baber

LIBERTARIAN John Buckley

CONSTITUTION Phil Hudok

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Unemployed

Fairfax, VA

#1 Oct 21, 2014
Anybody besides a liberal.
Conrad

Point Pleasant, WV

#2 Oct 21, 2014
Unemployed wrote:
Anybody besides a liberal.
No vote for Shelly Moore Capito, she's a traitor to the people and workers, she's also acting like her Dad Arch Moore the biggest crook we ever had as a Governor.

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#3 Oct 21, 2014
Conrad wrote:
<quoted text>
No vote for Shelly Moore Capito, she's a traitor to the people and workers, she's also acting like her Dad Arch Moore the biggest crook we ever had as a Governor.
Agreed.

Although Tennant sides with coal and gas more than I care for, she doesn't support policies that would further harm the state and country as a whole.

Capito is anti-livable wages, anti-healthcare access, and sides with Wall Street and large corporations by shifting the tax burden from the wealthy to the working class.

It's time to boot Capito from politics.
Cliff

Fairfax, VA

#4 Oct 21, 2014
Tennant can't do the job she has now. She's screwed up several times, costing taxpayers money. Being a tv reporter in no way prepares you to be a senator. We do not need her incompetence, we have enough problems already. Another obama jr is not going to help.
Starved Out

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 21, 2014
A vote fro tenant is just like voting for Obama all over again.
Tennant, Manchin and Rahall all 3 need to go so WV can finnaly grow.
Democrats across the board all need to go so WV can finally GROW.

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#6 Oct 21, 2014
Voting for Republican officials just sets up West Virginia to have more in common with the poor red southern states than the wealthy and educated northern states.

-- Capito is anti-living wages (Economists agree that income inequality is destroying America's economy).

-- Capito is anti-common sense regulations on Wall Street.

-- Capito is anti-access to affordable education (which is West Virginia's #1 problem).

-- Capito simply does not support the policies that would diversify West Virginia's economy.

-- Capito has been in politics long enough to have been profoundly corrupted by her Wall Street associations.

VOTE TENNANT.
True Eer

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Oct 21, 2014
NT can shoot a musket tho.
steve

Mount Crawford, VA

#8 Oct 21, 2014
Democrat all the way

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#9 Oct 21, 2014
The_Phantom_Stranger wrote:
Voting for Republican officials just sets up West Virginia to have more in common with the poor red southern states than the wealthy and educated northern states.
-- Capito is anti-living wages (Economists agree that income inequality is destroying America's economy).
-- Capito is anti-common sense regulations on Wall Street.
-- Capito is anti-access to affordable education (which is West Virginia's #1 problem).
-- Capito simply does not support the policies that would diversify West Virginia's economy.
-- Capito has been in politics long enough to have been profoundly corrupted by her Wall Street associations.
VOTE TENNANT.
It's obvious that Tennant's views favor the interests of average West Virginians far more than Capito's. But dumb tea baggers are defined by their inability to identify their own interests. They simply vote for the candidate that hates gays or loves guns the most.

And we have a lot of dumb tea baggers.
Coal Miner

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Oct 22, 2014
Mrs. Capito all the way. I can't grasp the the thought process of not fighting what we are up against. With no other industry in the state if coal leaves we are dead. You will have to relocate or live off government assistance to stay here. Although, I'm a registered democrat, I don't think that I'll ever vote democrat again. Todays democrat is not what I stand for.
steve

Mount Crawford, VA

#11 Oct 22, 2014
Democrats arent whats wrong with coal. Its all them dope heads that got suspended... and fact that owners dont want to comply with regulations to make it safer for the minors. And think about this last lay off and the timing. Right before elections and blame the democrat. That is a republican suporter hoping you all vote republican cause you blame the democrats... its conspiracy. Earlier they said they gonna get rid of 200 some but then only 100 or so. That way they can still run bussiness. And im sure if republican gets in they will call you all back cause then they can cut safety back down and make it dangerous for you all. If you have to relocate that be best for everyone. Might as well go to a better state and not depend on a dying technology
big joe

Mount Crawford, VA

#12 Oct 22, 2014
Bob henry barber looks like sonny bono

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#13 Oct 22, 2014
Coal Miner wrote:
Mrs. Capito all the way. I can't grasp the the thought process of not fighting what we are up against. With no other industry in the state if coal leaves we are dead. You will have to relocate or live off government assistance to stay here. Although, I'm a registered democrat, I don't think that I'll ever vote democrat again. Todays democrat is not what I stand for.
Somehow you've been duped into thinking that the 50-year decline in coal jobs and the massive replacement effort underway by natural gas companies all happened because we elected a black guy president.

I don't think you were ever a democrat, regardless of how you're registered.
Coal Miner

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 22, 2014
steve wrote:
Democrats arent whats wrong with coal. Its all them dope heads that got suspended... and fact that owners dont want to comply with regulations to make it safer for the minors. And think about this last lay off and the timing. Right before elections and blame the democrat. That is a republican suporter hoping you all vote republican cause you blame the democrats... its conspiracy. Earlier they said they gonna get rid of 200 some but then only 100 or so. That way they can still run bussiness. And im sure if republican gets in they will call you all back cause then they can cut safety back down and make it dangerous for you all. If you have to relocate that be best for everyone. Might as well go to a better state and not depend on a dying technology
1) Democrats are the ones bringing the war on coal or energy for that matter when there is still no scientific proof from either side that global warming or climate change is or isn't happening.
2) Some owners want to comply and do comply with safety & environmental regulations.
3) The layoffs were not timed for political reasons. There are men falling like flies all through this area.
4) You are correct sir. I do blame the democrats and will be voting republican this election.
5) However, I highly doubt you know the first thing about a coal mine or safety at a coal mine for that matter, I'll still say thanks for being concerned.
6) We don't really want to relocate. We want to work at home because there is no better state. The road is open for all the liberals to hit though. Maybe Jersey or Seattle. You would fit in good there.
7) Remember this when you turn up your heat this winter. Remember how you are able to keep warm. It's because of coal.

Shirley Moore Capito for Senate
Coal Miner

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow you've been duped into thinking that the 50-year decline in coal jobs and the massive replacement effort underway by natural gas companies all happened because we elected a black guy president.
1) You are correct about the 50 year decline in jobs as, technology has improved to help cause this.
2) Nobody said anything about a black president. However, I am for electing a second black president. His name is Dr. Ben Carson
3) You are correct again, I don't think like a liberal in any way. I want my freedom.
steve

Roanoke, VA

#16 Oct 22, 2014
Coal Miner wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Democrats are the ones bringing the war on coal or energy for that matter when there is still no scientific proof from either side that global warming or climate change is or isn't happening.
2) Some owners want to comply and do comply with safety & environmental regulations.
3) The layoffs were not timed for political reasons. There are men falling like flies all through this area.
4) You are correct sir. I do blame the democrats and will be voting republican this election.
5) However, I highly doubt you know the first thing about a coal mine or safety at a coal mine for that matter, I'll still say thanks for being concerned.
6) We don't really want to relocate. We want to work at home because there is no better state. The road is open for all the liberals to hit though. Maybe Jersey or Seattle. You would fit in good there.
7) Remember this when you turn up your heat this winter. Remember how you are able to keep warm. It's because of coal.
Shirley Moore Capito for Senate
No. I burn wood. I have past 5 years. And coal is destroying our land with mountaintop removal. I dont realy care one way or other. If you realy think republicans who outsource our jobs and increase our taxes so the rich can stay rich then vote republican. I say get a different career in something to take care of your family so they dont go without. Coal isnt the future. Even most republicans know that. And you wait one gets in its not gonna get better. Regardless. Coal is almost done with. The industry knows less employees more money in thier pocket
non racist

Bumpass, VA

#17 Oct 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears to me that you're the only one that's tried to bring race into this discussion. Are you related to Sharpton?

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#18 Oct 22, 2014
non racist wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears to me that you're the only one that's tried to bring race into this discussion. Are you related to Sharpton?
I haven't tried to bring race into the conversation. I did, however, acknowledge the undeniable connection between the negative things that are attributed to Obama regardless of the facts surrounding his involvement (or total lack thereof). Whether it be gas prices, coal's decline or a slow recovery, the irrational attributions are rampant. And they just don't jive with the facts.

And you're the worker bee that took your orders and chose to toe the line for those that benefit from this deigned mass misconceptions.
Coal Miner

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Oct 23, 2014
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I burn wood. I have past 5 years. And coal is destroying our land with mountaintop removal. I dont realy care one way or other. If you realy think republicans who outsource our jobs and increase our taxes so the rich can stay rich then vote republican. I say get a different career in something to take care of your family so they dont go without. Coal isnt the future. Even most republicans know that. And you wait one gets in its not gonna get better. Regardless. Coal is almost done with. The industry knows less employees more money in thier pocket
1) Burning wood is great but, unless you are hovering around a camp fire it does not matter. You see, when you turn up your thermostat or turn on a light or plug in your television or what ever power you use it's becuase of coal. I bet you don't burn lanterns for light or have a wind powered generator for your home.
2) I am a coal miner and in the pit of a surface mine where the blasting is happening is what the environmentalists are upset about. When the mountain is put back it creates flat land something that the state needs and can use to create jobs.
3) It really sounds to me like you are jealous of the rich man. Maybe you should have made different financial decisions in your life if you want more money.
4) Just research democrat lead states or cities with an open mind. The numbers don't lie.
5) This will sound crazy but, if it were up to me, I would cut coal out now, today. No more burning coal period. If all the coal industry companies would get together and not mine, ship or burn coal and show this nation how important it is, maybe liberal minded people might understand. You knuckleheads don't know what you got. Maybe you want to live in a hut with lantern, I don't.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#20 Oct 23, 2014
Coal Miner wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Burning wood is great but, unless you are hovering around a camp fire it does not matter. You see, when you turn up your thermostat or turn on a light or plug in your television or what ever power you use it's becuase of coal. I bet you don't burn lanterns for light or have a wind powered generator for your home.
2) I am a coal miner and in the pit of a surface mine where the blasting is happening is what the environmentalists are upset about. When the mountain is put back it creates flat land something that the state needs and can use to create jobs.
3) It really sounds to me like you are jealous of the rich man. Maybe you should have made different financial decisions in your life if you want more money.
4) Just research democrat lead states or cities with an open mind. The numbers don't lie.
5) This will sound crazy but, if it were up to me, I would cut coal out now, today. No more burning coal period. If all the coal industry companies would get together and not mine, ship or burn coal and show this nation how important it is, maybe liberal minded people might understand. You knuckleheads don't know what you got. Maybe you want to live in a hut with lantern, I don't.
1. Meaningless and irrelevant. But, just as an FYI, many people use wood furnaces operated by thermostats.

2. We need flat land? No, we can augment land as needed. The flat land you create are by filling valleys, which is why West Virginia has suffered the worst and most regularly catastrophic flooding in the nation. Stop pretending "reclaimed" mine sites benefit anything besides coal company PR executives.

3. Irrelevant again, but most "rich people" inherited their money and didn't earn it.

4. Right. Democrat blue states dominate in income and taxes paid. The southern red states are a bucket of poverty. When does West Virginia get the financial windfall from coal? Seems to me we've always been last in every economic indicator ever used.

5. You're confusing creating alternatives and investing in environmental concerns with an advocation for a ban on coal.

You're confused a lot aren't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitbulls 22 min Sebastion 11
Lost Change Purse at Wal-Mart on Eisenhower Dr 39 min Samantha 13
Lost love 4 hr Lucas 7
News Man rescued from coal mine faces previous mine ... 18 hr kkb 2
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) Sun Princess Hey 8,159
Why do threads keep getting deleted (Mar '18) Dec 14 monitor Hall 52
Planet Fitness Dec 14 Mattie 10

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages