Anyone else treated bad at the Associ...

Anyone else treated bad at the Associates OBGYN?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
treated badly

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2012
has anyone else had a bad experience at the ASS-ociates?
hmmmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Feb 5, 2012
treated badly wrote:
has anyone else had a bad experience at the ASS-ociates?
I had per eclampsia with my son. They didn't catch it until my blood pressure was 192/115 AFTER THEY DISCHARGED ME
hmmmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Feb 5, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I had per eclampsia with my son. They didn't catch it until my blood pressure was 192/115 AFTER THEY DISCHARGED ME
Pre eclampsia sorry auto correct
Detest them

Beckley, WV

#4 Feb 5, 2012
Rude. Unorganized. ALWAYS running late.

When I was pregnant, I thought that they provided awful pre-natal care. Wait in the front waiting room, then a second waiting room, then wait in the exam room. Wait forever, then the doc comes in and asks, how far along are you? Didn't you even read my chart??? Lost / misplaced test results.

Very uncaring. Very uninformative. No apologies on the long waits, when you've made an appointment and are taking time out of work.

The birth of my child, was fine. Thank goodness one of the midwives was delivering that night! They are the only ones at that practice who I would give kudos to.
brandycwv

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 5, 2012
I had a similiar problem as the person above. Except after 5 days in the hospital after delivery they couldn't get my blood pressure stable (I too had pre e) and they discharge me anyways with bp of 155/97 3 days later I ended up back in the hospital with bp of 220/127 and kept going higher, until I had a seizure and went into respiratory arrest. I feel I should have never been discharged. I also went to them the day after I left the hospital and the day after that with irate blood pressure (176/111) and the midwife who seen me (graham) wanted to send me to er but the dr )nameless) said no just to take an extra bp pill. (I was already on 2200 mg of labetalol a day)
hmmmmm

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2012
brandycwv wrote:
I had a similiar problem as the person above. Except after 5 days in the hospital after delivery they couldn't get my blood pressure stable (I too had pre e) and they discharge me anyways with bp of 155/97 3 days later I ended up back in the hospital with bp of 220/127 and kept going higher, until I had a seizure and went into respiratory arrest. I feel I should have never been discharged. I also went to them the day after I left the hospital and the day after that with irate blood pressure (176/111) and the midwife who seen me (graham) wanted to send me to er but the dr )nameless) said no just to take an extra bp pill.(I was already on 2200 mg of labetalol a day)
wow that sounds exactly like my experience. These people are going to end up leaving more babies without mommies then they are helping
Mrs wykle

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2012
I wouldn't take my sick dog to them assholes they killed my son and almost killed me I layed there and almost bleed to death and had to have a blood transfusion. This is how it started I had a promblem with my bowels and could not have vaginal births I went to the hospital on march 7 th 2001 and dr juddson linely was there I could not pee and was having contractions and he said I was fine and my baby was due that day well he sent me home with a catherdar well I woke up in the middle of the night on march 09 th 2001 and tried to use the bathroom when I got back to my bed before I climbed back in I heard a loud pop noise and looked down my water had broke I screamed for my husband we called 911 general ambulance sent people from Braxton county they didn't know there way to the hospital stopped at every light didn't have sirens on or nothing I was hemergaging and bleeding bad when we finally got to the hospital they let me lay in a vaginal delivery room knowing I couldn't have vaginal births well it was 1 hour till I was prepped for my c section when they deliver my little boy was not breathing and would not allow dr mohan to perform CPR or give him a shout of adrenaline it was doctor Pullwaim and lindley they had the nerve to come and say to my husband and father I didnot deliver a live fetus and your wife and daughter might not make it either real good bedside manner huh well when I woke up it was 14and 1/2 hour after giving birth and I was receiving blood and my son was cold as ice and purple and they called it a total pacenta abruption but I feel if my son was born on march 07th he would be alive or if the hurried and delivered him when I got there he would still be alife hope no one else has to endure what me and my family have and now my tubes are tied and can not have any more children but the lord blessed me with two girls my son will never be forgotten RIP Jonathan Andrew mommy loves you
why

Huntington, IN

#8 Feb 5, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
wow that sounds exactly like my experience. These people are going to end up leaving more babies without mommies then they are helping
Why didnt u guys sue for medicial neglegance or malpratice?
brandycwv

Beckley, WV

#9 Feb 5, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it was a very scary experience, I was in icu for about a week and a half, my husband asked if I was going to be ok and all they said was "we hope" this area is not very knowledgable about pre e or eclampsia/hellp syndrome. I still have horrible issues from it and drs here tell me that it is impossible, but yet.. good ol' google says different. Honestly, i think they are good for every day run of the mill pregnancies, but not a very good track record for complicated or high risk ones.
hmmmmm

United States

#10 Feb 6, 2012
brandycwv wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it was a very scary experience, I was in icu for about a week and a half, my husband asked if I was going to be ok and all they said was "we hope" this area is not very knowledgable about pre e or eclampsia/hellp syndrome. I still have horrible issues from it and drs here tell me that it is impossible, but yet.. good ol' google says different. Honestly, i think they are good for every day run of the mill pregnancies, but not a very good track record for complicated or high risk ones.
in order to sue for malpractice you have to have them admit their mistakes and give you their files. My second pregnancy when I went in I told them how I had had pre eclampsia with my son. Surprise surprise it was no where in my file. Said I had "high blood pressure due to stress".
i did

Portage, MI

#11 Feb 6, 2012
I told the associates that I was supposed to be a high risk pregnancy because of a previous miscarriage and they did nothing. I had my second son at 5 months and he too died. Did I mention I fell the day before and they wouldn't see me until I was in labor. I'll never let them touch me again.
Worried

United States

#12 Feb 6, 2012
Is there anywhere else in this area that delivers babies? I called several places before making an appointment at the associates and was told they no longer delivered babies.
i did

Portage, MI

#13 Feb 6, 2012
Worried wrote:
Is there anywhere else in this area that delivers babies? I called several places before making an appointment at the associates and was told they no longer delivered babies.
You really need to go to Princeton or charleston. That's sad but for the sake of you and your babies health it's worth it.

Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Tarboro, NC

#14 Feb 6, 2012
My best friend sister also had pre e and supposedly they refused to check her because she was only 18 "that's nothing to worry about at your age" she went to the hospital had the baby, was discharged as if nothing was wrong and that same day that she was discharged her sister took her back to the hospital. She went into a comma and was placed on life support for weeks!!!! All because she had pre e that they refused to test for. If it had not been for dr siegal my sister would have been the same. I go to charleston, see dr heywood or his nurse practitioner or him every time and he will be the one delivering my second son. You couldn't pay me enough to stay here, I'll pay extra for the 1 1/2hr dr to go to charleston any day.:) good luck to all the ladies staying around here.
how

Beckley, WV

#15 Feb 6, 2012
how is juddson lindley still allowed to look at babies...much less be trusted to deliver them safely into the world??? i know my daughter did not make it safely into this world at the hands of his care. and then he treated me like i wasn't supposed to care...actually said (in so many words) you need to stop crying and decide if you want an autopsy performed on "the" body...not even "her" body...there is a special place in hell reserved for that man. don't let him anywhere near your budding family
wow

Lewisburg, WV

#16 Feb 7, 2012
They aren't very nice. They are not at all respectful, treat you like you are an idiot. I put off going to the doc for years cause I just hate going to them so bad. I had my babies in the 70s and 80s and they were the same way back then. Some of the same doctors are still with them.
Sure did

Beckley, WV

#17 Feb 7, 2012
I hemorraged and Dr. Seigal was the biggest jerk!! In my life, I have NEVER been talked down to by a professional like that!
momma

Demotte, IN

#18 Feb 7, 2012
Sure did wrote:
I hemorraged and Dr. Seigal was the biggest jerk!! In my life, I have NEVER been talked down to by a professional like that!
I pick Dr.Webb over any Of the doctors over there. He delivered all 3 of my kids and I didnt have any problems.

“Ain't you got a jack?”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Deepest Darkest Appalachia

#19 Feb 8, 2012
This thread has been a very saddening read. I'm so sorry for all of you who went through such horrible things. But on a lighter note, Dr. Wolf was nice.
Miss L

Bluefield, WV

#20 Feb 8, 2012
Carolyn Spurlock is the only one I will see up there. She is absolutely wonderful! Granted, at times in pregnancy,(as you all know) you HAVE to see a doctor...you cannot just see a midwife... the only doctors I will see is Rainey and Resley. Dr. Resley doesn't have a great bedside manner but he is just to the point and he is a good doctor. Dr. Rainey is really nice and thanks to him, I survived my second pregnancy.

I stayed really sick with both of my pregnancies and had a lot of back pain due to sciatic nerve damage. I lost 30+ pounds with both in the the first 5 months. At 36 weeks with my second, I was really sick to my stomach for 2 days and figured I just had a bug. On the 3rd day, I was still really sick but my back was hurting a lot worse than normal. I worked a 13 hour shift on a Monday and figured I had just over-worked myself on top of being sick. By Tuesday morning, I could not walk or even sit up on my own. My visit was scheduled Tuesday morning with Dr. Rainey. When I got there, I was running a fever of 105 and my blood pressure was 80/40. I was directly admitted to the labor & delivery unit. On my 10th day in the hospital, they finally discovered that I had e-coli from something I had eaten (explained the "bug" I thought I had) and that it had gotten into my bloodstream and traveled to my kidneys (severe back pain.) I was told that if my appointment had been a week later, I would've died and likely, the infection would have gotten to the placenta and the baby may or may not have been okay.

With that been said, I seen where someone posted to go to Princeton or Charleston. I don't know about their actual OBGYN's but for the love of God, do NOT go to Princeton ER with pregnancy complications.

I went to their ER earlier this week with light spotting and had just found out I was pregnant. I had bleeding with both of my pregnancies and typically would not have went to the ER but I recently had a miscarriage at 6 weeks so I went. I was there for 5 hours. In that 5 hours, I had my blood pressure taken, blood taken, a pelvic exam and an ultrasound. According to my bloodwork, I was about 3 weeks pregnant. The ultrasound showed the yolk sac but no heartbeat which is normal that early in pregnancy. After the pelvic exam, I went from very light spotting and no cramping to heavier spotting and extreme cramping. Upon receiving my discharge papers, the doctor told me, and I quote, "It's hard to tell at this point if the pregnancy has survived or not. I'd say probably not but I've never been pregnant. Just in case it has survived, try to rest as much as you can. I guess just take a pregnancy test in 5 to 7 days and see if it is positive or negative." She then gave me papers explaining a full-term pregnancy and papers explaining a threatened miscarriage. She left the room and then walked back in and said she needed to verify my billing address for the registration clerk. I verified my billing address and told her she could tell the clerk that "It's hard to tell" if I would pay the bill when I received it.(Which I will...it was just the principle)

Anyone who has had pregnancy complications early on knows that you have blood work done then you go back in 48 hours to have it done again...your HCG levels double in 48 hours with a healthy pregnancy. I wasn't given any orders to come back for more blood work and I was disregarded when I asked about it.

I lost my baby yesterday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detective web searchers{club} 43 min WeDontCareAboutTh... 5
Who thinks that the manager of kitchen collecti... 43 min Juice 14
Hot lesbians in Beckley 57 min Bill 5
Beckley Moose 2 hr Importante 5
What happened to Rick Agnor?? 2 hr John 2
Rick Agnor 3 hr Nknow0599 1
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 3 hr Jon_B 6,627

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance