Does anyone know what happened to Gri...

Does anyone know what happened to Grimefighters/Kustom Kreations

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
amanda

AOL

#1 Feb 25, 2008
I had some work done there about 2 months ago at their place in Mabscott and now they are not there and they don't answer the number that 411 has. Just wondering
Country Woman

Welch, WV

#2 Feb 25, 2008
amanda wrote:
I had some work done there about 2 months ago at their place in Mabscott and now they are not there and they don't answer the number that 411 has. Just wondering
They moved I think, but I don't know where. What was the owner's name? Gary Barnabi? Look that up.
amanda

AOL

#3 Feb 25, 2008
Country Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
They moved I think, but I don't know where. What was the owner's name? Gary Barnabi? Look that up.
thanks I did but it gave me the same number as 411 did. Thanks though
Phil Putnam

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 26, 2008
As of December, the phone book still lists his business at 107 Stanaford Rd.(over next to BARH) with the phone number being listed. Has that one closed down also?
Country Woman

Welch, WV

#5 Feb 26, 2008
Phil Putnam wrote:
As of December, the phone book still lists his business at 107 Stanaford Rd.(over next to BARH) with the phone number being listed. Has that one closed down also?
He had moved to the intersection where you go up the hill to RGH. They tore it down too. I think it was called Big Johns maybe?
Phil Putnam

Charleston, WV

#6 Feb 26, 2008
Wow, this all surprises me. I haven't talked to Gary for about a year, and all this is news to me. Was he in the garage next to the old Big John's Packette? When did he move there, and when did they tear that building down?

“proud hillbilly”

Level 1

Since: Feb 08

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Feb 26, 2008
Did he move his business, or did he close it down?
Shady

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2008
I think Gary and his wife divorced. His business is either being run by his son or its closed.
1 post removed
last i heard

Greenville, NC

#10 Feb 26, 2008
last i know he shut down having money problems and about 2 weeks ago he was in jail

“Just a Mountaineer”

Level 1

Beckley

#11 Feb 26, 2008
The place at Big Johns was RCC...they closed the place.
concerned

Lerona, WV

#12 Feb 26, 2008
juicepole wrote:
The place at Big Johns was RCC...they closed the place.
They were supposed to move to Mabscott from the place beside Big John's:they were having money problems .We ordered a tarp cover,we paid a down payment and waited almost two months;they never received the tarp;they kept saying it will be here next week but we finally got tired of waiting and asked for a refund;they said we would have to come back in a few hours for our $75.00.WE couldn't believe they were running a business and didn't have enough cash to refund us.We ordered it at another business and they told us a lot of customers had came there and complained about them taking deposits and giving them the run around. I am just glad to get our deposit back before they disappeared.Of course they may be going by another name in Mabscott. However I myself would be scared to deal with them again.

“proud hillbilly”

Level 1

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Feb 26, 2008
last i heard wrote:
last i know he shut down having money problems and about 2 weeks ago he was in jail
Who? Gary or his son?
Country Woman

Welch, WV

#14 Feb 26, 2008
I had work done there several months ago and I paid up front. I had no problem. I have dealt with them for years. No problems.
amanda

AOL

#15 Feb 26, 2008
Yeah I never had problems with them either they were all really nice and friendly. They really know what their doing there. I hate that they are closed down or whatever is going on with them.
Home boy

West Columbia, SC

#16 Feb 27, 2008
I personally know the situation. Gary had a series of setbacks and closed the Stanaford Road location. He reopened through a new corporation on RCB Drive at the old Beckley Wrecking location. It was sold and he moved to the Mabscott site where his son took over the business. The son then run it completely in the ground. Gary has not had anything to do with the business for months. Perhaps someday he will start over, but who knows.
amanda

AOL

#17 Feb 27, 2008
Home boy wrote:
I personally know the situation. Gary had a series of setbacks and closed the Stanaford Road location. He reopened through a new corporation on RCB Drive at the old Beckley Wrecking location. It was sold and he moved to the Mabscott site where his son took over the business. The son then run it completely in the ground. Gary has not had anything to do with the business for months. Perhaps someday he will start over, but who knows.
Thanks did you work there or something..if not all the guys there were really nice me and my mom was up there and it was like we had known them all our life we goofed off with them like we would with any of our friends. They all were really cool
Jeremy Barnabi

Lubbock, TX

#18 Feb 29, 2008
Home boy wrote:
For your information my friend, Im Garys son Jeremy Barnabi. I didnt take over his business. I started my own. So you must not know as much as you think you do. You should check you sourse before make them kinda remarks. Gary and Wendi ran that place into the ground because of thier habits that end up costing them everything. That is a fact my friend. For any other info contact me personally. DVS Designs
1 post removed
Jeremy Barnabi

Montgomery, TX

#20 Feb 29, 2008
Well to let everyone know. DVS Designs is up ands running in Coal City WV. I Jeremy Barnabi am in a partnership with my Closest friends Billy, Chris and Kenny. We just started this business not long ago. Things are still alittle rough as is any business starting out. Yes we all worked at Grimefighters and we all moved on. We personaly didnt like the things Gary was doing. It was more his gril friend and all the drama she bought upon him alonmg with the work load. He finally called it quits. Unlucky for alot of people he took a lot of money and didnt do the work. But us here at DVS Designs have put our own selves in the hole trying to make it right with our customer and alot of old friends and people we do alot of work for in the past. We got such a heavy work load it about killed us. But before summer DVS Designs will be the biggest and most popular Custom Body shop in WV. We still do everything from custom paint,restore cars,insurance jobs. Graphics,audio,alarms, Lift and lowering kits. Vertical doors,air bags, we even now offer Tattoos and Air brushing.

Website is under conmstuction http://www.myspace.com/dvsdesigns08
amanda

AOL

#21 Feb 29, 2008
Jeremy Barnabi wrote:
Well to let everyone know. DVS Designs is up ands running in Coal City WV. I Jeremy Barnabi am in a partnership with my Closest friends Billy, Chris and Kenny. We just started this business not long ago. Things are still alittle rough as is any business starting out. Yes we all worked at Grimefighters and we all moved on. We personaly didnt like the things Gary was doing. It was more his gril friend and all the drama she bought upon him alonmg with the work load. He finally called it quits. Unlucky for alot of people he took a lot of money and didnt do the work. But us here at DVS Designs have put our own selves in the hole trying to make it right with our customer and alot of old friends and people we do alot of work for in the past. We got such a heavy work load it about killed us. But before summer DVS Designs will be the biggest and most popular Custom Body shop in WV. We still do everything from custom paint,restore cars,insurance jobs. Graphics,audio,alarms, Lift and lowering kits. Vertical doors,air bags, we even now offer Tattoos and Air brushing.
Website is under conmstuction http://www.myspace.com/dvsdesigns08
Hey glad to hear it is that the same billy that worked at kustom kreations if so he is the one that helped my mom out. No one else could do her grill and they done a great job. thanks for the info
1 post removed
Jeremy Barnabi

Montgomery, TX

#23 Mar 4, 2008
amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey glad to hear it is that the same billy that worked at kustom kreations if so he is the one that helped my mom out. No one else could do her grill and they done a great job. thanks for the info
Yeah we still got the best of the best that worked there. I dont know who that one guy is but he must not know to much cuz all is said we stupid and made up. Just goes to show there is always someone that dosent know anything wanting to put his 2 cents in. notice he hasnt replied back. But if you every need anything done feel free to get ahold of us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 7 min nope 1,079
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. 15 min Closed Borders 4 ... 33
Cheating men 5 hr Yep 7
Dr. M Rahim MD (Jan '12) Tue Msdarlin 24
Beckley WV GAS PRICES Tue gas buddy 14
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) May 20 Princess Hey 7,846
C adam toney May 19 Buzzlightyear 1

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages