People Who Brag For What They Did

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
DonnaP

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2012
I have always felt if you wanted to do something nice for someone you know or a stranger, you should do it and do it in private and not go around bragging "Hey, look what I did". It's so wonderful that this time of year neighbors are helping each other with food, toys, money or just a kind word, but don't do it if you are going to brag about yourself.

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#2 Dec 18, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
I have always felt if you wanted to do something nice for someone you know or a stranger, you should do it and do it in private and not go around bragging "Hey, look what I did". It's so wonderful that this time of year neighbors are helping each other with food, toys, money or just a kind word, but don't do it if you are going to brag about yourself.
Did somebody really do nothing more than brag, as opposed to giving an account of something they'd done for someone in order to inspire others to help their fellow man?

In fact, you aren't referring to Martin Staunton, are you? Because, somebody seems to read his facebook page and then come straight here to judge the man an awful lot, and it's pathetic.

Since: Jul 12

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
Oookay...(eye roll)
Sick of it

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
What exactly can you be credited for other than talking trash about someone who helps someone else?or is it a secret?
Get a life.
DonnaP

Ansted, WV

#5 Dec 19, 2012
hourglass wrote:
<quoted text>
Did somebody really do nothing more than brag, as opposed to giving an account of something they'd done for someone in order to inspire others to help their fellow man?
In fact, you aren't referring to Martin Staunton, are you? Because, somebody seems to read his facebook page and then come straight here to judge the man an awful lot, and it's pathetic.
I was talking about some ladies that I work with at a hospital. They collected can food and money for a coworker going thru a hard time right now and went around telling everyone at work what they did. I thought they should have done it in private and not tell the whole east coast what good thing they had done. I don't even know who this Martin person is.
get a life

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
<quoted text> I was talking about some ladies that I work with at a hospital. They collected can food and money for a coworker going thru a hard time right now and went around telling everyone at work what they did. I thought they should have done it in private and not tell the whole east coast what good thing they had done. I don't even know who this Martin person is.
Get a life. you desperately need one. You are a miserable, pathetic desperate loser who resents anyone getting any recognition other than you. So what if they did brag, at least they helped out and did something good. The only reason someone like YOU would do anything is to look good or for show, or mainly for pay or money. You are the type that would go to a place where they give out free food and have plenty of money to buy food with. You need help and others like you do too. If a person does something good, let them brag all they want, at least they helped someone and it should not matter to a person with any decency. Your type is what is wrong with the world today.
shout it out

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
With all the hatred, crime, violence and bad in the world today, a person SHOULD have the right to brag if they do something good. It just might inspire others to do good instead of showing how weak and useless they are by bitching like you have. I say if you do something good, shout it from the highest, and maybe losers like you will follow suit. There is definitely something wrong with a person that gets bothered by a person doing good then patting themself on the back. Only a self centered, full of hate, mean person would fault a person who has done good, whether they bragged or not. No matter what their motive was, at least they done good. There are so many like you that resent good in the world. You have a very jealous soul and it shines brigtly. Would rather have a light that shines because I did good, than one that shines an ugly green shade of envy. I pray for people like you. I pray that some goodness will enter your soul and you will not worry about others getting recognition for doing good. You are apparently a very fake person with the wrong priorities in life.
once again

Beckley, WV

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Most normal, well balanced persons, have a lot bigger problem with a person who finds fault with anyone who does good. You should be more interested in what good you can do rather than getting on here and bashing someone who at least made an effort. Whether they brag or not, at least they done a good thing. A person who worrys if someone brags about the good they do has a lot bigger mental issue than one that thinks they way you do. I say, let them brag, at least they are helping. They deserve to brag and let others know how they too could do some good. People like you have some major problems but are too far gone to realize it. But people like you would even find fault with Christ if you encountered him.
SayWhat

United States

#9 Dec 19, 2012
once again wrote:
Most normal, well balanced persons, have a lot bigger problem with a person who finds fault with anyone who does good. You should be more interested in what good you can do rather than getting on here and bashing someone who at least made an effort. Whether they brag or not, at least they done a good thing. A person who worrys if someone brags about the good they do has a lot bigger mental issue than one that thinks they way you do. I say, let them brag, at least they are helping. They deserve to brag and let others know how they too could do some good. People like you have some major problems but are too far gone to realize it. But people like you would even find fault with Christ if you encountered him.
. Enough already. You made your point, quit blabbing on and on about really nothing. People who want to do good things will do them, those who don't will not.
NO GOOD DEED

Beckley, WV

#10 Dec 19, 2012
So much for the old saying "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished". The person who started this thread should be ashamed of themself. If a person does a good deed that is all that should matter. If he brags about it, it is for God to decide. No one should find any fault with a person who does a good deed even if he does brag about it. He done a good deed, period. Only envy or hatred would cause one to find fault.
NO GOOD DEED

Beckley, WV

#11 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
...and why would this bother you enough to start this thread anyway???? Let them brag all they want, just long as they keep on doing good things. The good they do is what matters, not what some narrow minded busy body thinks of them.
NO GOOD DEED

Beckley, WV

#12 Dec 19, 2012
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>. Enough already. You made your point, quit blabbing on and on about really nothing. People who want to do good things will do them, those who don't will not.
Considering the Ohio address, I would venture to say you are also the same person as Donna P who started this thread. No one else is agreeing with you, just you so jealous of a good person, you are miserable. Now change your name again, and bash a person doing a good deed. Your Christmas colors are showing, gree and red, green with envy and red with hatred.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

#13 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about some ladies that I work with at a hospital. They collected can food and money for a coworker going thru a hard time right now and went around telling everyone at work what they did. I thought they should have done it in private and not tell the whole east coast what good thing they had done. I don't even know who this Martin person is.
I agree with you, but perhaps for a different reason. People who find themselves in need of assistance are often ashamed to be in that position. While I applaud your coworkers for making the effort to help this person in need, I find the fact that they drew unnecessary attention to his/her plight to be insensitive.
disagree

Beckley, WV

#14 Dec 19, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, but perhaps for a different reason. People who find themselves in need of assistance are often ashamed to be in that position. While I applaud your coworkers for making the effort to help this person in need, I find the fact that they drew unnecessary attention to his/her plight to be insensitive.
I don't think the person being faulted listed names or told exactly the names of people they helped, so the one complaining should not be agreed with at all. I do believe they simply mentioned what they had done and suggested others do the same which stirred up a avalanche of hatred and jealousy. Nothing wrong with setting an example and hoping others will follow your lead. That is why the newspapers are always commending people for charity and good deeds. What happened to "No Good Deed Goes Unnoticed"? I guess you consider the United Way insensitive when it lists all the people they help????? I seriously doubt names were listed. Just a hater running their big mouth on someone they want to be like but don't know how.
exactly

Beckley, WV

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly can you be credited for other than talking trash about someone who helps someone else?or is it a secret?
Get a life.
exactly, most in need are so appreciative of help, they are willing to tell the world. If it is publically acknowledged by the recipient, there should be no problem. Good grief, trashing a gift giver at Christmas, so typical of people on here. You see pictures of people doing good deeds in the paper everyday, are they to be trashed to. Are they insensitive too. Get real folks. This thread was started by a oerson to full of hate and blind to see the big picture here. Which did the most harm, the one who gave and did the good deed but gave themself a pat on the back hoping others would follow suit, or the one trying to smash the person for doing good. We live in an awful world where people tend to forget what matters most, and it sure aint gossip or worrying over who braged about a good deed.
False pride

Beckley, WV

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree also. There are people without false pride who would do the right thing and publically acknowledge a good deed. There are those so in need that they would gladly publically thank a giver. Not all have such false pride and not all are too ashamed to give credit where credit is due. Most charities list the agencies and people they help and it is public record. It is hard to get a group to work together on a giving project without drawing attention. With that attention, you will have the jealous haters who don't ever lift a finger for anyone unless they see something in it for themself. They are the first to run their mouth when another gets some recognition or credit. Anyone who is willing to pitch in and help or give is far from insensitive. Anyone who nit picks and finds fault with their efforts is the insensitive one. Have you ever thought this person was mentioning what he done to get others to do the same? Most people in need are not as ego filled as you seem to be and are full of grace and so thankful for help that they could give a damn who tells who what. How petty can people be about giving?
Merry Christmas

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
Wow, got a bad case of it, don't you. I imagine you as the type that never does a thing for anyone unless they see an angle to get something out of it themself. Would even take credit for someone else's effort if you can get away with it. Can't stand for anyone to get any attention or recognition, especially if you are already filled with jealously. So much for holiday spirit. The co-worker probably had to make others aware of what she done because people like you were taking credit and didn't lift a finger. I have been there, seen that. Sometimes you need to speak up in those cases.

Topix

#18 Dec 19, 2012
DonnaP wrote:
<quoted text> I was talking about some ladies that I work with at a hospital. They collected can food and money for a coworker going thru a hard time right now and went around telling everyone at work what they did. I thought they should have done it in private and not tell the whole east coast what good thing they had done. I don't even know who this Martin person is.
I'm sorry for asking that, and of course I realize that some people do brag only for the sake of tooting their own horn. It's embarrassing to witness and I don't know the reasons behind it for everyone, but I usually tend to assume that they must not receive much praise from anyone else and move on.
DonnaP

Kenna, WV

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>
The ladies at work did tell everyone the name of our coworker they were helping out. Now the person they helped feel like she will be treated different now. Someone even offered yesterday to go buy her lunch. She is just going thru a rough time now but there is light at the end of the tunnel. She has always been the one who helped everyone else (without telling everyone who she helped) and she just hates the idea of now being the one who needs help. I told her there is nothing to be ashamed of. I am not sure why my location showed up as places in Ohio. I am using my personal laptop at work (on my breaks and lunch) and maybe it has to do with the wireless signals that I am able to pick up from inside the hospital or eariler at a McDonalds for breakfast. But the person(s) responding from Beckley, you need to calm down. If you think it is okay to let people know the good deeds you do, thats okay, I just feel like helping someone out should be done in private and not brag to everyone you know.

Topix

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Yes, I think it would be different altogether had they used discretion and asked the lady if she would mind their taking up a collection for her at work. Apparently it was done outside of work and they came in broadcasting it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many people actually believe Automobile dea... 37 min RightFighter 99er 2
New Beckley mayor punches city commissioner 1 hr Del Rey Clown killer 15
Formal high school dance 1 hr Truthiness 7
Is peppers diner any good? 2 hr Just wondering 13
Beth and friends lol 6 hr Panic 3
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 8 hr Miles 973
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 9 hr Paul Masley 6,939

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance