curious

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Nov 21, 2012
i am curious as to whether anyone has ever seen don blankenship or any of his rich massey coal mining friends pay respects to these 29 miners at the memorial? just curious
curious

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Nov 21, 2012
anyone???
1 post removed
Enough

Beaver, WV

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Outsider wrote:
Getting tired of hearing about the same old crap about these miners and wish everybody would make enough money so they would shut up. How many millions have the families made and how much more is left to fight over? Damn,enough is enough.
I agree with you, it is time to let it go, thousands of miners died before those 29 and hundreds have died since those 29 and we hear nothing about them or their families getting anything, but these 29 and their families and parents and kin folk and friends are all getting millions from all over the place and Memorials put up ? Gee since when did only 29 Miners count while all others never existed or do not exist Now ?

They were not Heros they were simple workers like anyone else they performed a job to get paid and it is sad they died but people Die everyday, does not make them anything other than Human beings, And I see No Memorials being put up every where for them, do you ?

How about the Millions of Miners who have lost their jobs since that time are they not entitled to anything or recognition for being a Miner ?

I guess all it does take is Politicians like Manchin,Rahall and Tomlinson to appear on TV and mention you and suddenly your a celeberty even after your dead and your family can get millions in the process . They have turned a tragedy into a greedy fiasco, and I am sick of hearing about them as well, as I am sure 90% of WV is too !!

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#5 Nov 21, 2012
i must admit i went- and cried soooooo hard i had to leave....(making a spectacle of myself) I knew none of these Men but my heart hurts for their families.......i see stickers on the vehicle's around town and cannot forget, i will not forget ......:(
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Old Don is tickled when you talk about sweeping it under the rug, that means he got away with it.
1 post removed
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 22, 2012
The miners were afraid to open their mouths then, and they're afraid to open them now. So what's changed?
True Miner

Beckley, WV

#9 Nov 22, 2012
curious wrote:
i am curious as to whether anyone has ever seen don blankenship or any of his rich massey coal mining friends pay respects to these 29 miners at the memorial? just curious
They don't have time! They have to keep mining coal because of all the family of the lost miners will not stop stop with all the lawsuits! It's sad that these worthless people keep pushing for more money! It's sick! There are 7 known wives that were cheating on their husbands before the explosion. Now they set around and blow all the money like there is no tomorrow. Ask miners that knew these men! I'm sure the men have turned over several times in their graves! It's sick! They have live in boyfriends now because if they get married the income from the paycheck a stop! They'll never remarry. All because of money. You call what these families are doing respectful.?. I do and I work in the mines! It's sick! The deaths of these great men was a sad day for all of us! But by the looks of the families, they are a ok.
True Miner

Beckley, WV

#10 Nov 22, 2012
True Miner wrote:
<quoted text>They don't have time! They have to keep mining coal because of all the family of the lost miners will not stop stop with all the lawsuits! It's sad that these worthless people keep pushing for more money! It's sick! There are 7 known wives that were cheating on their husbands before the explosion. Now they set around and blow all the money like there is no tomorrow. Ask miners that knew these men! I'm sure the men have turned over several times in their graves! It's sick! They have live in boyfriends now because if they get married the income from the paycheck a stop! They'll never remarry. All because of money. You call what these families are doing respectful.?. I do and I work in the mines! It's sick! The deaths of these great men was a sad day for all of us! But by the looks of the families, they are a ok.
Edit*** I don't and I work in the mines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Relocating to Beckley 4 hr apple 11
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 5 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,794
Potholes at Beckley Shopping Centers. 6 hr Slick 5
Bariatric surgery 7 hr eightyears 13
Guy bartender @ muncheez 7 hr Hands Down 2
Munchies (Oct '12) 15 hr Gak 23
Review: Love Family Practice Group (Nov '12) 17 hr Unsatisfied 23
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE