First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#102 Oct 1, 2012
40.00 in birdseed a month.

Billy
Mountaineer

New York, NY

#103 Oct 1, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote: "It is up to us, the retired, to tell our doctors that we don't want excessive measures to keep us alive when it's our time to die, that we don't want multiple tests that say the same thing when we are ill, that we don't need new body parts when we are 95 years old...in addition to increasing the cost of medicare for the rich, those measures should take care of medicare for the next 50 goddamn years."

It goes back to the tough calls I was referring to. Detractors of the Affordable Care Act like to scoff at the poorly identified notion of "death panels," without realizing that insurance "pre-approval" has served the same purpose for years. You're right, at some point somebody has to step up and say enough is enough.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#104 Oct 1, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
For 27 years of working I get 13,216 a year on SSD. My medical is through the VA,which is reimbursed by medicare. I do not have a cell phone although I could get a free one. I do not accept the few dollars in food stamps I could get. I do not sign up for the boxes given out for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Conclusion: Just because I have to be on SSD does not mean that I will or have to take advantage of the system for everything I could/can get. There are plenty more just like me. However,if part of the 13,216 is taken away,what choice do I have?
Billy
Probably none Billy, if Romney/Ryan are elected. See what the consequences are now?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#105 Oct 1, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
Lesson Learned wrote: "It is up to us, the retired, to tell our doctors that we don't want excessive measures to keep us alive when it's our time to die, that we don't want multiple tests that say the same thing when we are ill, that we don't need new body parts when we are 95 years old...in addition to increasing the cost of medicare for the rich, those measures should take care of medicare for the next 50 goddamn years."
It goes back to the tough calls I was referring to. Detractors of the Affordable Care Act like to scoff at the poorly identified notion of "death panels," without realizing that insurance "pre-approval" has served the same purpose for years. You're right, at some point somebody has to step up and say enough is enough.
You gotta call it the same name before some people realize it's the same damn thing. But then you have situations like Hourglasses'(on another topic...I think Howard Horwitz) where the hospitals don't pay any attention to prior directives. I read recently that hospitals are going to have to start paying a penalty for releasing patients and then readmitting them within 30 days. Maybe they should start charging penalties for keeping people alive when they should have been let die. When they start doing that they will save a lot of money for Medicare and Medicaid....and reduce our deficits.
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#106 Oct 1, 2012
Lesson,

I seem to remember that I did NOT recieve a COLA for two years under Obama. That put me behind the 8-ball also. When you talk living below poverty level,every damn dollar counts.
No,I do not care to hear why that happened. Obama did not lower his salary by the same percentile,neither did congress.

Billy

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#107 Oct 1, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
Lesson,
I seem to remember that I did NOT recieve a COLA for two years under Obama. That put me behind the 8-ball also. When you talk living below poverty level,every damn dollar counts.
No,I do not care to hear why that happened. Obama did not lower his salary by the same percentile,neither did congress.
Billy
Come on Billy, I didn't receive a COLA raise for two years either...so what. The cost of living didn't increase. That's what COLA means. No, Obama's salary was not decreased nor was congressional salaries....all that means is the COLA did not go down.

Maybe you need to apply for all the programs for which you are eligible so you don't have to eat birdseed.
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#108 Oct 1, 2012
Not a chance,Lesson,not a chance.

As a matter of fact,I am getting into gardening and edible wild plants to augment my diet.

By the way,I will be moving in 5 days down south. A elderly couple needs help maintaining their place and a 100ftx40ft garden awaits. A lot will be given away to needy folks.

Billy
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#109 Oct 1, 2012
I was joking about the birdseed. I love to watch wild turkeys and all the other birds in my yard. I would have to be starving before I shot one,though.

Billy

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#110 Oct 1, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
Not a chance,Lesson,not a chance.
As a matter of fact,I am getting into gardening and edible wild plants to augment my diet.
By the way,I will be moving in 5 days down south. A elderly couple needs help maintaining their place and a 100ftx40ft garden awaits. A lot will be given away to needy folks.
Billy
Good lucky Billy and I hope all goes well for you. Keep in touch.
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#111 Oct 1, 2012
Will do that,Lesson. Hehehe--not all share that view.

Billy
picker2

Beckley, WV

#112 Oct 1, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
For 27 years of working I get 13,216 a year on SSD. My medical is through the VA,which is reimbursed by medicare. I do not have a cell phone although I could get a free one. I do not accept the few dollars in food stamps I could get. I do not sign up for the boxes given out for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Conclusion: Just because I have to be on SSD does not mean that I will or have to take advantage of the system for everything I could/can get. There are plenty more just like me. However,if part of the 13,216 is taken away,what choice do I have?
Billy
There may be plenty more like you but the ones out to get everything they can just because it is available far outnumber you. To top it off the government makes it so enticing to get freebies. You also have the grapevine of the system sucks that tell each other what they can get and how to get it for nothing. I admire you for keeping your values when they make it so easy to cheat the system.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#113 Oct 2, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
I am laughing just picturing you doing that.
Sorry CP I didn't see this last night. I haven't seen anything lately that I think is this funny.
Her actions and the way she talks tore me up! Lol!
I have made fun of people all my life and had people make fun of me. I talk Hick-onics if you will.:) We need to see things more humorous.
Dem Apples

Beckley, WV

#114 Oct 2, 2012
Almost 2,400 people who received unemployment insurance in 2009 lived in households with annual incomes of $1 million or more, according to the Congressional Research Service

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#115 Oct 2, 2012
My son was laid off in October, 2008 and started his own company and had a huge loss in 2009. I urged him to apply for unemployment benefits but he refused....refused to even discuss it....too proud!

I'm not surprised that 2400 millionaires received unemployment benefits in 2009.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tired of single moms (Apr '13) 7 min Mothers or Fa 299
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min bacon hater 58,234
Crossroads Mall Handicapped Parking 21 min Broom 2
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 47 min easy 5,648
Attention Residential and Commercial Contractors 1 hr Elmer Ballbreaker 14
Dr Lindley 1 hr K Alls 5
Why do black men like white women? 1 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 4
why do black men prefer white women? 7 hr veryprettywhitewoman 198
Murder in Maxwell Hill Fri Shame 42
•••
•••
Beckley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••