|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Alright, whatever. I'm stepping out of the ring on this, it's clear that everyone believes Shain Gandee did no wrong.
So, fine. Whatever. Be sure to note that not ONCE did I make fun of, or belittle Gandee, so don't hop on the horse crying "Oh you're disrespecting the dead you mean, mean person!"
No, I'm not. What I am trying to make some of you realize is that, while this IS a tragedy, it is morally incorrect to say that Shain did no wrong and did not cause the death of two other individuals. It truly is a shame, and I, in all honesty, would have loved to have never seen a death from a cast member, and while I am by no means a fan, I still do not wish death upon any person whatsoever.
However, I will not sweeten my words, Shain made the mistake of driving while intoxicated, and it is his fault for the death of himself and two others. He was a good person, I get that. But that doesn't absolve him of what happened. Just as I posted above, if you want to believe that mindset, then EVERYONE can meet that criteria and EVERYONE could go to Heaven.
Shain didn't have intentions to make what happened occur, but you've got to realize that trying to absolve someone of responsibility is absolutely wrong. He isn't a role model, nor are the other two who rode with him. He just made a grave, terrible mistake that I, and many others, feel that it shouldn't have ever happened. But to say that cannot be held accountable for his actions, I just cannot agree with that.
To those of you whom I have offended, I sincerely apologize, and wish that you may cope with Shain's death safely and with as little pain as possible.
Thank you.
Why are you clinging to the assumption that he was driving drunk? Have you viewed his toxicology reports? Or are you ASSUMING because he had been in a bar that he must have been drunk? I can tell you that I've been in a bar many many times, & left after having one or NO alcoholic drinks at all. You're on here beating your chest about a very young man who dies suddenly & needlessly & insinuating he not only deserved it but took two others out with him. You need a different perspective on life & a new hobby as well.
Trip

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Now the driver gets sued !! Looking at the 4X4 on TV I would guess has minium state insurance like 40,000 !! Barely enough to just pay for funeral for 2 of the victims !! Hope the ride is not listed in any parents name if son was a juvie !!
Yes

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I do not understand why he would get sued? The passengers were not trapped. Yes the vehicle was stuck in mud but they could have gotten out of it if they wanted to. No one made them sit in that car and fall asleep with it running. It was an accident.
Trip

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Causing death injury funeral expenses hospital ambulance
foolish

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you clinging to the assumption that he was driving drunk? Have you viewed his toxicology reports? Or are you ASSUMING because he had been in a bar that he must have been drunk? I can tell you that I've been in a bar many many times, & left after having one or NO alcoholic drinks at all. You're on here beating your chest about a very young man who dies suddenly & needlessly & insinuating he not only deserved it but took two others out with him. You need a different perspective on life & a new hobby as well.
Uh, did Truth say Shain deserved it? I don't remember reading that lol, you need to learn to read first off.
Rolo

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Why the crap are people still talking about this kid?? He was on a crappy tv show...who cares??

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

OK, from the news report I saw, Shain had been drinking and was over the legal limit. The other passengers had also been drinking and chose to get in the vehicle and go mudding along with the intoxicated driver, so all three made poor choices. What is tragic is that an opened door or window in the vehicle could have saved all three lives. What good might come of this is that we might, just might, teach some other kids that this type of behavior can kill you! Let's not beat this dead horse (no pun intended) and there is no purpose served in placing blame on any one in particular. All three of the dead are guilty of poor decision making, so let's use this for the good of our youth and teach them that they are NOT invincible and that they should not drink and drive, should not go out and behave recklessly and should not go mudding in the middle of the night, especially while intoxicating! It is stupid and dangerous in the best of circumstances and deadly in the worst. Quit throwing insults back and forth and offer comfort to the families and teach the kids we all know not to repeat the behaviors we've seen on this ignorant show! It only lands people in jail, or dead, or diseased or pregnant. It shows the worst of youthful behaviors, not the best. They need to know that and understand that so they do not see these kids as role models, but warnings so they don't make the same mistakes.
what

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

It seems odd to me there was never a back glass in that bronco if the muffler was under the mud it would not keep running plus he had made a pipe that comes out on top of his old truck for the purpose of mudding seems like he would know alot about it considering he fixes his own trucks I could see if the pipe was not under water an the fumes coming in the back window but it was also raining that night I know coal mines have a sprinkler for carbon monoxide so I would think the rain would have made a diffrence they was awful fast to say no foul play im sure we will never know our govt was not happy about the show making wv look bad so they wouldnt want more bad coming out of this just makes no sense.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Walking In Willows wrote:
OK, from the news report I saw, Shain had been drinking and was over the legal limit. The other passengers had also been drinking and chose to get in the vehicle and go mudding along with the intoxicated driver, so all three made poor choices. What is tragic is that an opened door or window in the vehicle could have saved all three lives. What good might come of this is that we might, just might, teach some other kids that this type of behavior can kill you! Let's not beat this dead horse (no pun intended) and there is no purpose served in placing blame on any one in particular. All three of the dead are guilty of poor decision making, so let's use this for the good of our youth and teach them that they are NOT invincible and that they should not drink and drive, should not go out and behave recklessly and should not go mudding in the middle of the night, especially while intoxicating! It is stupid and dangerous in the best of circumstances and deadly in the worst. Quit throwing insults back and forth and offer comfort to the families and teach the kids we all know not to repeat the behaviors we've seen on this ignorant show! It only lands people in jail, or dead, or diseased or pregnant. It shows the worst of youthful behaviors, not the best. They need to know that and understand that so they do not see these kids as role models, but warnings so they don't make the same mistakes.
There isnt one single news report out there that says he was drinking and over the limit. Only a toxicology report will tell us that and iit wont be out for a while. They didnt do a breathalyzer on a dead man. If you have read any news at all , it only states that he died from CO poisoning.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

what wrote:
It seems odd to me there was never a back glass in that bronco if the muffler was under the mud it would not keep running plus he had made a pipe that comes out on top of his old truck for the purpose of mudding seems like he would know alot about it considering he fixes his own trucks I could see if the pipe was not under water an the fumes coming in the back window but it was also raining that night I know coal mines have a sprinkler for carbon monoxide so I would think the rain would have made a diffrence they was awful fast to say no foul play im sure we will never know our govt was not happy about the show making wv look bad so they wouldnt want more bad coming out of this just makes no sense.
Back glass was broken out during rescue efforts when the vehicle was discovered.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

DrMUDD wrote:
<quoted text>There isnt one single news report out there that says he was drinking and over the limit. Only a toxicology report will tell us that and iit wont be out for a while. They didnt do a breathalyzer on a dead man. If you have read any news at all , it only states that he died from CO poisoning.
I agree, but one can understand folks who read where the young man and his buds left a bar at three AM, COULD quite possibly have been drinking.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Oh yeah, im sure. Its just funny how everyone throws out the convictions wanting to sue the bar,or fault him for D.U.I. killing two others when nobody really even has a clue yet. Right now all ANYONE knows is that he left a bar early in the morn, went 4 wheelin, died of CO poisoning. At least till toxicology comes back. And even then, that info might not ever be shared with the public, who knows.
muddin

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but one can understand folks who read where the young man and his buds left a bar at three AM, COULD quite possibly have been drinking.
It WAS reported he had been drinking heavily at the bar along with the others. Of course the bar is going to try to cover up that fact since there are rumors of a law suit. He and the other WERE drinking and alcohol WAS a factor. Know that 100 percent without a doubt or question. On the show all the kids did was drink, fight and be reckless.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

muddin wrote:
<quoted text>It WAS reported he had been drinking heavily at the bar along with the others. Of course the bar is going to try to cover up that fact since there are rumors of a law suit. He and the other WERE drinking and alcohol WAS a factor. Know that 100 percent without a doubt or question. On the show all the kids did was drink, fight and be reckless.
Post your proof. There are a couple of posters on Sissonville site that say they were with the whole group at the bar when he left and that they had witnessed him only have 2 beers and was the designated driver for the other 2 fellas. Show your proof.
And yes we i realize that the poster in sissonville could be lying on topix.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Of course thats all he did on the show, but doesnt mean thats all he did in away from the show.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

And the show wasnt with him that night.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

muddin wrote:
<quoted text>It WAS reported he had been drinking heavily at the bar along with the others. Of course the bar is going to try to cover up that fact since there are rumors of a law suit. He and the other WERE drinking and alcohol WAS a factor. Know that 100 percent without a doubt or question. On the show all the kids did was drink, fight and be reckless.
Lead us to where this was reported if you can.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Otherwise, just hear-say
wonder

Midkiff, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

DrMUDD wrote:
<quoted text>Lead us to where this was reported if you can.
mudd,

Who are you talkin to? Yourself??

Probably becuz you are the only person to listen to you.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
mudd,
Who are you talkin to? Yourself??
Probably becuz you are the only person to listen to you.
Of course your own ignorance gets in the way of your vision. We knew that already. Give me something new

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of150
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Beckley looks to boost population with annexation 6 min wow 26
Doctor Assaulted 12 min Knows 81
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 45 min West Virginia landowner 51,539
Krista Baker fox 59 1 hr Like 7
WTNJ Makes False Claim About One Hundred Five T... 2 hr Not so Risers 9
Muller hails crazy Brazil thrashing 3 hr chamroeunterry 1
why do black men prefer white women? 4 hr Yeah Sure 85
Immigrants Beckley Bound 7 hr Shootist 98
•••
•••
•••
Beckley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••