LIKE TO KNOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

I was curios to know the best day care workers in raleigh co..
Drema

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Kids R Us daycare in Beckley WV Raleigh County are awesome! My son has been there since he was 3 months old and now he is 3yrs and i do drop in and they never knew when i was coming. They were always great and have always been!

Since: Feb 08

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

"YMCA Happy Kids" Preschool is an awesome place... My daughter went there several years ago. We couldn't have been more pleased or happy with the program there.. Plus, they take the kids to teach them to swim once a week.

“proud hillbilly”

Level 1

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Bullfrogs and Butterflies, without a doubt.
cassie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Kids R Us in Prosperity is #1! I love them!
cassie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Kids R Us is #1. I love them. They're in Prosperity.
cassie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Bull Frogs and Butterflies sux
Linda

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Kids R Us is a great daycare. I know from my daughter going there for 3 years. I private paid and they never harrassed me over my bill they worked with me and my paycheck!

“proud hillbilly”

Level 1

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2008

Judged:

cassie wrote:
Bull Frogs and Butterflies sux
An opinion was asked about what you thought was the best. Why the negativity about Bullfrogs and Butterflies. My children went there, and I was very pleased with the hours and the care they received. They have a wonderful nursery that allowed me to come and breast feed my son during my lunch hour. They kept fantastic records about what he ate, drank, and his bowel movements consistency and frequency, he is 12 years old now, and I still have these records. My daughter was not in the nursery, but the care she got and the feedback from the caretakers was great. I am sure that the standards they have for their caretakers has not changed, because they had such a good reputation, I am sure they would not risk loosing that. My children attended the one on Ragland Road, and I was/am greatly appreciative of the care my children receive.
The Vinyl Villager

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2008

Judged:

I too, have heard only positive things about Bullfrogs and Butterflies. They've been around a long time,and Ive known dozens of families who've trusted their kids to them...and I can't recall ever hearing a complaint.

http://thevinylvillage.wordpress.com/
Proud Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

Judged:

I have been looking for daycare for the summer. I have been to several places and someone told me NOT to go to Rainbow Daycare so of course...I HAD to go..
They have a new director there and all new workers. I was really impressed because I went on a Friday and then went back again the next Wednesday and the difference in that place was unreal.
You could really tell that they were changing their game plan.
I checked out Bullfrogs and Butterflies also as well as the Y but I am still not decided on where I will send my kids.
The rates are about the same at all places, but I really like that lady at Rainbow. She said she had taught school for I believe 30 years and she was very professional. That made me feel a lot better about that center.
Lew

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

I have always heard good things about LA East Preschool and Day Care....my daughter went their until she was to old...the classrooms are huge, not small little rooms, they over ratio they staff and they serve only healthy foods...nothing fried or sugary snacks......and they have a awesome preschool program under the direction of Jane Atkinson...Parents also get a free gym membership if they enroll their child full time...I understand they have a new Director...but still have great service...the only down fall is they only take kids 2-5...but it is a great start before your child starts public school...
Caring Parent

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

I think Rainbow is the best. People have been telling me that their employees keep on quitting from there but that is completely senseless because the owner, director, and the employees with "EDUCATION DEGREES" are very caring and loving to my child. Besides I understand the fact that they have been hiring non-educated people from the east neighborhood that is the area which was lowlife people so the people are very caring and they do lots of things with children.
anamis

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

i likes dippin sause with chicken daycare and i hate bullfrogs butterflies it don't have no dippin sauce
MEEE

Mineral Wells, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

Judged:

I had my daughter at Bullfrogs and Butterflies and loved one of her teachers, Carmen. There were a few good helpers, but several that made me really uncomfortable, yelling at kids and down talking them. LA East is a breath of fresh air. They even have cameras so you can check in on your child throughout the day! I have also heard good things about The Place (although it is very hard to get into) and somewhere in Sophia, can't remember the name.
CityGirlGoneCoun try

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

Judged:

The Place is a very good child care facility. The teachers were great and very caring. I too have heard great things about bullfrogs and butterflies, but my child attended The Place.

The one place that I would NOT go to is The Learning Tree. It has been brought to my attention how some of these young workers find it amusing to do things like toss skittles at the children while they are trying to nap and to also poke fun of the kids while they are in earshot. It was brought to the attention of the management from what I was told but this is information that I am just repeating. If your child/children attend this facility, pay attention and ask them about how their teachers treat them.
leona

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

I love LA East...Cameras, healthy menus, new playground, the preschool is awesome, clean, never over ratio like some others...kids love it...
Very Proud Mother of 3

Arcata, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2008

Judged:

Well here is my personal opinion....my 4 year old went to the Ragland Road Bullfrogs and Butterflies..and I absolutely would not reccomend anyone to take their children there. They allow children to bite. I know that all the other daycares have policies of kicking biters out and if everyone kicks them out then they will have no where to go but at the same time who wants to have their children getting bit all the time? They even put all the biters in a room together pretty much to fend for themselves. Some of the workers are active addicts and management knows this. A friend of mine worked there and took her children there as well and in the nursery they left her son in his carrier all day long and he cried the whole time. On her break she had to go and feed him and change his diaper becuase they never did. When the children get hurt most of the time you don't even get an accident report.
Kay that works at LA East is wonderful and as far as I know everything there is great but my children have never went there.
My step daughter and her siblings go to Rainbow Daycare and they are wonderful as well. The director is a wonderful woman. I have checked the facility out for a few of my friends because I have actually taken all the classes through Mountain Heart and CASE and am certified to work in a daycare and I could find nothing wrong at Rainbow. The facility needed painted but they were working on that at the time.
Personally though I like more one on one attention for children and mine go to Vickie Claypool Childcare Facility. It is in her home. She is only allowed to have 12 children at a time. It is a Christian home and the children are very loved and well taken care of. They are treated like they are part of the family. They have a huge back yard with toys and playground equipment for the children and a pool for the children in the Summer. She normally doesn't have 12 but she does have another worker there with her if she has more than 6. The children eat meals like they would eat at home with there family. It is just a great atmosphere and I have actually refused to move out of the area just because I don't want to take my children anywhere else. They love Vickie more than life and she loves the them. All of the children. She also has some of the best rates in Beckley. She is not in it for the money and does not have to pay a lot of employees therefor she does not have to charge outrageous prices. It is 70 dollars a week for chilren over 2 and 80 a week for children under 2. The only thing you have to provide is formula and diapers...that is it!! The kids get Christmas, Easter, Valentines, and all other holiday parties and even Birthday and Christmas presents. If you are interested in her she lives in a great neighborhood. You can contact me at hopeorr @ yahoo . com for her number. The only thing is because of the rules and regulations of the state she can only watch kids that have a set am or pm shift so she does not have an overlap of kids. But she is open from about 6am to after midnight so its not like she closes early. She will even watch children overnight...closed on Sunday though for Church..
CUChildEducate

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

I know from experience that the Learning Tree in Beckley, WV is by far the best Daycare around! They have been in business for over 25 years and continue to progress through the years. I know people that went there that are now 20 years old and remember their fondest, best memories being at that daycare.

Not only that, but as a college student I have done multiple observations at various daycare centers in Beckley. Busy Bees have a staff who is rude and inconsiderate. Bullfrogs and Butterflies left children at the POOL for HOURS and they did not know until the parents came to pick them up!!!!
The Learning Tree, however, is great! I did ITERS-R training and did some of my field evaluations there, where they scored very high. They have appropriate toys, TWO teachers for each group (which, if you know anything about daycares, is saying something!) and each group is seperated by age ranges where they do not have to be around the other ages (no 3 year olds with 10 year olds like other places).

and the BEST part about the Learning Tree is Mrs. Highlander, the lady at the front desk. She pulls 6 am to 6 pm shifts EVERY monday through friday!! She knows everything about that Daycare and she is HONEST but very friendly!

But your best bet is to go to each individual daycare and observe the class your child will be in. I know the director at the Learning Tree would be MORE than happy to let you, as long as they aren't full! That place is popular because it IS THE BEST and enrollment stays packed!

Oh, and for the skittles rumor, RUMORS ARE RUMORS and every center will have a rumor about child abuse and other nightmares. If the worst thing to be said is that they threw some kids some skittles (which was probably because the kids were hungry and wanted a sweet snack :)) then I can deal with that. I've heard MUCH worse about other places!
mommy

Arcata, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

i agree i like the learning tree the best my daughter has been going there since she was 2 years old!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beat you to your conspiracy: White flag 44 min Lesson Learned 54
beckley Police Dept 58 min Sad 65
Stines 1 hr Sad 9
WTNJ Makes False Claim About One Hundred Five T... 3 hr big ugly on fish bowl 17
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 hr bacon hater 53,605
what new in beckley 5 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 2
Cremating Abortions 6 hr weirdo 28
boston beanery 6 hr John in Oak Hill 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••