Karens Academy of dance

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#21 Apr 1, 2011
team_karen wrote:
<quoted text>
amen sista!! you are not only a happy dancer but a good one. we all are. us fellow lassies from karen's appearently gotta stick together ;). so now you know probably who team_karen is on here and i will see you tomorrow haha! love you!
I had a feeling I knew who this was! haha love you too!
Jerry Rose

Beckley, WV

#22 Apr 1, 2011
"I've been dancing there for years now as well and I absolutely love it there. Jerry Rose likes to judge and call his girls fat so personally if you want your daughter to be treated fair and not put down all the time bring her to our place :)"

Jerry Rose judgemental and calling girls fat? That is nuts. While it is obvious whose camp you are from, you should be ashamed of yourself. Karen and Jerry both are supporative of their dancers. Get your facts straight! I went to Jerry and two of my friends went to Karen. None of us talked trash about our instructors. Neither instructor was mean to any of the dancers. We compared what we were learning from each. Again, you should be ashamed of yourself for such lies. BOTH have been positive role models!!!! Now take that to the bank.
kayyyyyy

Statts Mills, WV

#23 Apr 1, 2011
sonohrts37 wrote:
Karens doesn't go into as much detail or spend enough time teaching regular students she just likes her precious karenetts
excuse you whoever you are that is not true mrs fama loves all of us the same trust me ive been there long enough to know ;)

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Beckley, WV

#24 Apr 1, 2011
OOOOKKK,I know, some, no, make that ALL of these VERY judgmental statements are totally untrue about BOTH of these people. While I danced with Jerry Rose's studio for many years, I know Karen Fama and her teachers personally, and also many dancers who came from her school. At no time have I EVER heard Mr. Rose call anyone "fat" or degrade any of his girls. By the same token, I know that Karen Fama loves each and every one of her girls the same. The Karenettes may be her "pet" project, just like "Nutcracker" has become Mr. Rose's, but in no way are those dancers more dear to either of them than the 3 year old babies who are just walking in the door for the first time. Beckley is big enough for both schools to live on harmony.
True

Beckley, WV

#25 Apr 2, 2011
"Beckley is big enough for both schools to live on harmony."

Harmony it has been until some decided to take this to the trash talking end of the spectrum. When they do that they ruin BOTH reputations of these wonderful establishments. Karen Fama and Jerry Rose do not deserve this negative light shined on them. The Karenettes have always been a joy to watch as well as the production of the Nutcracker. Beckley is BLESSED to have two WONDERFUL people like Karen and Jerry.

To the orginial poster who was inquiring where to go. I can assure you with all honesty, you have two wonderful studios to pick from. If you can afford to send her to both, hey you get the best of both worlds! How great is that!

To those individuals that want to trash talk just for the drama and entertainment, be careful. In the end you may be found out and it will be YOUR reputaion ruined.

Team Fama and Team Rose! Both of you have done a great job with the kids of Raleigh County during the 20 plus years you have graced us with your talent! Here is an idea, I would love to see the two studios come together and perform for all of us, that would be such a treat!
krazy

Oak Hill, WV

#26 Apr 2, 2011
Mrs. Fama is one of the finest LADIES you will ever met. Jerry Rose is a fine gentleman. Enough said.
justdance

Beckley, WV

#27 Apr 2, 2011
I took dancing from Jerry Rose for 5 years when I was younger and then switched to Mrs Fama for 7 years. I loved dancing at Mrs Famas! I plan to enroll my daughter there this fall!
Momof3

Oak Hill, WV

#28 Apr 2, 2011
Thanks!!! and im sorry if i caused anyone any problems. It sounds like i have two wonderful people to choose from.
True

Beckley, WV

#29 Apr 3, 2011
"Thanks!!! and im sorry if i caused anyone any problems. It sounds like i have two wonderful people to choose from."

No you did not cause any problems. That falls on the people that want to blow things out of proportion. You DO have two wonderful people to pick from. Karen and Jerry are the best and nothing can change that! Both of them are very supportive and positive role models. There was no way I could sit back and let a couple of people trash either one of them. They are both good people and do not deserve to be trashed talked. May your daughter enjoy the art of dance regardless of who she decides she likes.:-)
sonohrts37

United States

#30 Apr 4, 2011
kayyyyyy wrote:
<quoted text>excuse you whoever you are that is not true mrs fama loves all of us the same trust me ive been there long enough to know ;)
My daughter was there for three years and never once did she get any kind of encouragement. There were so many special clicks that my daughter didn't feel welcome. That is until during her last year she became a karenette. Then do be a karenette you need to be rich to afford all the extras and if you couldnt afford it you felt like an outsider again. She quit dance for about a year then went back starting at mr roses and immediately loved it. Mr rose gave her praises and encouraged her from the start. She loves dance and loves mr rose if fact she dances 4 to 5 days a week now. Besides I don't want my daughter around mrs fama and lanny they are just not normal. Everyone one knows about them!!
sonohrts37

United States

#31 Apr 4, 2011
kayyyyyy wrote:
<quoted text>excuse you whoever you are that is not true mrs fama loves all of us the same trust me ive been there long enough to know ;)
I am sorry that I offended anyone I was just giving my own personal experience. Mrs fama is a really nice lady but my daughter just didn't click with her. Everyone does learn differently sone people will like mrs fama teaching better some mr rose.. I did overreact to your statement and I am very sorry about the previous post.
sonohrts37

United States

#32 Apr 4, 2011
sonohrts37 wrote:
<quoted text>My daughter was there for three years and never once did she get any kind of encouragement. There were so many special clicks that my daughter didn't feel welcome. That is until during her last year she became a karenette. Then do be a karenette you need to be rich to afford all the extras and if you couldnt afford it you felt like an outsider again. She quit dance for about a year then went back starting at mr roses and immediately loved it. Mr rose gave her praises and encouraged her from the start. She loves dance and loves mr rose if fact she dances 4 to 5 days a week now. Besides I don't want my daughter around mrs fama and lanny they are just not normal. Everyone one knows about them!!
Please forgive me for this distasteful posting overreacting must be pms ing!!
Mad in Beckley

Rocky Mount, NC

#33 Apr 4, 2011
I'd be careful of Karen's. It's in a rough neighborhood. Been several shootings and assaults there.
kayyyyyy

Statts Mills, WV

#34 Apr 4, 2011
sonohrts37 wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter was there for three years and never once did she get any kind of encouragement. There were so many special clicks that my daughter didn't feel welcome. That is until during her last year she became a karenette. Then do be a karenette you need to be rich to afford all the extras and if you couldnt afford it you felt like an outsider again. She quit dance for about a year then went back starting at mr roses and immediately loved it. Mr rose gave her praises and encouraged her from the start. She loves dance and loves mr rose if fact she dances 4 to 5 days a week now. Besides I don't want my daughter around mrs fama and lanny they are just not normal. Everyone one knows about them!!
well good for your daughter im not gonna sit here and fight with a 50 year old and i can tell you something right now im not rich nor do i have alot of money ive been a karenette for 10 years now and money has nothing to do with it but dont sit there and talk bad about a women who has danced for more than 70 years of her life and was a new york rockette she knows what shes doing.
kayyyyyy

Statts Mills, WV

#35 Apr 4, 2011
sonohrts37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that I offended anyone I was just giving my own personal experience. Mrs fama is a really nice lady but my daughter just didn't click with her. Everyone does learn differently sone people will like mrs fama teaching better some mr rose.. I did overreact to your statement and I am very sorry about the previous post.
thank you.
Proud Mom

Waynesboro, VA

#36 Oct 5, 2011
I love Karen's Academy of Dance. My daughter has been there for several years and is turning out to be a great dancer. She did go to Jerry Rose for a short while when she was very young. She did not care for it, though I did not see any problems with that dance school either. She may have just been too young for dance at the time. While I really don't have an opinion of Jerry Rose or his studio one way or the other, I can say I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Karen's. Mrs. Fama is a fantastic role model who really brings out the best in her dancers. Believe me, there are some really talented dancers coming from Mrs. Fama's studio as well. I personally know of several girls who have been offered scholarships and have been on various high school and college dance teams from Karen's Academy of Dance. I'm sure both schools are great, but I will always be a Karen fan :)
Proud Mom

Waynesboro, VA

#37 Oct 5, 2011
True wrote:
"Beckley is big enough for both schools to live on harmony."
Harmony it has been until some decided to take this to the trash talking end of the spectrum. When they do that they ruin BOTH reputations of these wonderful establishments. Karen Fama and Jerry Rose do not deserve this negative light shined on them. The Karenettes have always been a joy to watch as well as the production of the Nutcracker. Beckley is BLESSED to have two WONDERFUL people like Karen and Jerry.
To the orginial poster who was inquiring where to go. I can assure you with all honesty, you have two wonderful studios to pick from. If you can afford to send her to both, hey you get the best of both worlds! How great is that!
A combined performance would be great!
To those individuals that want to trash talk just for the drama and entertainment, be careful. In the end you may be found out and it will be YOUR reputaion ruined.
Team Fama and Team Rose! Both of you have done a great job with the kids of Raleigh County during the 20 plus years you have graced us with your talent! Here is an idea, I would love to see the two studios come together and perform for all of us, that would be such a treat!
A combined performance would be great!
tickedoff

Jacksonville, FL

#38 Oct 6, 2011
sonohrts37 wrote:
<quoted text>
how dare u say something like u did at the end. My daughter has been at Karens now 3 years and they r wonderful. Rose is just more popular but that doesn't mean he is any better. Karen has achieved a lot thru dance and is as sweet as they come. Let's remember this is about kids doing what they love and both places will treat them right .
quack

Beckley, WV

#39 Oct 6, 2011
Jerry Rose wrote:
"I've been dancing there for years now as well and I absolutely love it there. Jerry Rose likes to judge and call his girls fat so personally if you want your daughter to be treated fair and not put down all the time bring her to our place :)"
Jerry Rose judgemental and calling girls fat? That is nuts. While it is obvious whose camp you are from, you should be ashamed of yourself. Karen and Jerry both are supporative of their dancers. Get your facts straight! I went to Jerry and two of my friends went to Karen. None of us talked trash about our instructors. Neither instructor was mean to any of the dancers. We compared what we were learning from each. Again, you should be ashamed of yourself for such lies. BOTH have been positive role models!!!!
Now take that to the bank.
yes, I know a girl he told was too fat, her name was Cassie R. and her mom threw a fit on him. I also remember him talking to my class, when I was 12, about the importance of your thighs not rubbing together.
quack

Beckley, WV

#40 Oct 6, 2011
Mad in Beckley wrote:
I'd be careful of Karen's. It's in a rough neighborhood. Been several shootings and assaults there.
I honestly have to agree, and that is probably why Jerry is more popular.I live not too far away and it gets pretty bad. I wish Ms. Fama could move to a better area and maybe a nicer building, for those who base opinions on how something looks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people hate lesbians (Dec '12) 2 hr Wilbur 230
PEPPERS Family Restaraunt (Feb '16) 8 hr Wilbur 25
Time for your medicine 10 hr Wilbur 15
Reznor and Muncheez 14 hr Jewelz 20
Jeremy deck 21 hr bob 11
News Rainelle police chief pleads no contest to battery (Feb '07) Fri Hal 29
Daddy Rabbit, Billie Jo Fri Wilbur 5

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance