Good Teachers:: Past :: Current:: Future

Good Teachers:: Past :: Current:: Future

Posted in the Beckley Forum

billy

Ogden, AR

#1 Mar 6, 2011
Why don't we see how many comments will be said about Teachers and Teaching while everyone totally ignores the rabid negative posters.

This topic has been started for Teacher2,I believe it was,along with the good Teachers that influenced my life a great deal.

Let's make this as informative as we can,that means the future type of teachers that we can hope for.

Please.

billy
billy

Ogden, AR

#2 Mar 6, 2011
One of the greatest teachers that I had was Mrs.Roberts,in jr high.(that dates me).

This lady,in addition to her teaching duties,was the school librarian.

When she saw that I was checking out 2 books when I arrived at school,two books at lunchtime,and two to take home overnight she pulled me to the side and asked me if I was reading those books during the classes.You could only have two books checked out at a time so I had to check the others in when I checked the next two out.This woman looked like she was 4'8" and 90 lbs,most of that concentrated-----nope,let's just say she fascinated all the boys and impressed a lot of the girls.

She stood back,(thank God,I had quit breathing), and pinned me to the wall with eyes that no drill instructor in the Marines that I encountered could hope to approach in deadliness,and said that she would continue to do it if I kept my grades at B+ or above.This was against rules,of course.You got punished if you got caught reading a book during classtime.

I had many a encounter with that damn paddle.

billy

Pickled Hamster

Parkersburg, WV

#3 Mar 6, 2011
One of the worst teachers I ever has was Blanche Pennington who taught at Cranberry-Prosperity Elementary.
Pickled Hamster

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Mar 6, 2011
Overall, most of my teachers were great people who I still think highly of today. :)
really

Beckley, WV

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Jesse Farley - WWHS - Best teacher and person I met during my school years, hands down.
billy

Ogden, AR

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Come on folks,regardless of me starting this why not post about the good teachers you know or have known.What do you think the teachers of the future should be like to be more efficient?

billy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating men 2 hr Yep 7
Dr. M Rahim MD (Jan '12) Tue Msdarlin 24
Beckley WV GAS PRICES Tue gas buddy 14
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) May 20 Princess Hey 7,846
C adam toney May 19 Buzzlightyear 1
Blessing box May 19 Wvgirl 1
Munchies bar is closing down May 19 Poopisafunnyword 7

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages