Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

http://www.goodnewsmountaineergarage.com/...
check out the link. Its true they do GIVE you a car. All you have to do besides be eligible is get it legal. I know for a fact 3 different people that got them. I checked the book value of one and it was $3500. Its nice with nothing wrong with it and the other two look about the same. All 3 were nice / decent cars, tires, interior... etc. The title cam about a month later and the car is solely theirs.
Talk to your case worker & let them know if you had a car you could work. If you get a job they pay you $150 a month for going to work,$50 for gas $500 bonus every 6 months... You add it up with your food stamps and medical and your making miners wages...
If you get HUD-- your set for a while- at least a year.....

Eligibility Requirements - To be eligible for a referral a family must:

Be receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits
Families receiving foodstamps or medical benefits only will not qualify.
Be actively participating in the West Virginia WORKS program
Have no access to other transportation
giver

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

oh and you get a clothing voucher for either 200 or 250 i forget which it was but you can go by yourself clothes to go to work in.
Before you know it you'll be mkaing it on your own
my two cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

and you know , i think for someone who truly needs it , and will use all of theese tools to better themselves it's great ! but too many people dont , and wont ! i had a girl working for me before who was getting a car , her gas was partially covered , she got a free cell phone with 200 minutes a month , food stamps , medical coverage , housing assistance , utility assistance , clothing vouchers , school supply vouchers for her kids , and child support , and her " school" was being paid for , and guess what ? she would tell you herself that she had no intentions of actually finishing school ( she just kept failing c;asses and when that wasnt gonna cut it anymore she switched her "major " and did it again ! and when the company offered her more hours she came to me and told me that if i tried to work her more hours i would regret it ! oh yeah and she got free daycare !( which she used to go out and party ) it's stuff like this that makes me mad ! if you need it , use it , but more insight needs to be placed on theese things , because if youre sorry enough you can get your house , car , gas , food , utilities , health care , child care , phone , everything paid by us shmucks that actually try and pay taxes !
76gurl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

true alot abuse the program....but ummm...you said she worked, so she paid taxes too and what day care watches kids at night...so parents ca gooo party lol...peoples perceptions...
my two cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

yes , she worked , 20 hours a week , not even your average part time job ! and i dont know about here but when we lived in NC ( where this happened ) the daycare in the area that the state paid for WOULD watch your kids for a max of 5 hrs between 10 pm and 6am ( not their usual hours ) up to 3 times a week , theese are not perceptions theese are facts
my two cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

oh and i guess " in her defense " i forgot to mention that during the extended hours ( 10-6) you had to pay out of your pocket a dollar and hour , and a dollar fee total .( i know this because before i found out how pathetic this girl was i picked her kids up for her one night because she went out with friends and their car broke down and she couldnt get to them so i not knowing this ahead of time had to pay her pitiful little fee for her when i picked up her kids !) and yeah some fee if they kept your kids the max time you had to pay 6 dollars !!!! people who arent on welfare cant get one regular hour of child care for one child for that price !
76gurl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Judged:

thats right because they make over a certain amount....and in her case obvious abuse and an absent parent and lets all hope she actually wants to be and does become something and get a degree and there are a lot off stipulations on those programs....
Wow

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Judged:

Looks like I did it all wrong. Instead of Going to college while working, graduating and getting a job with my degree (which sucks because I'm only making $6 more an hour than min wage), and barely scraping by every month, I should have just gotten knocked up right out of high school, and refused to work!!! I'd probably be a hell of a lot better off than I am now, I'd get free gas, a bonus every 6 months (bonus, what's that? I've never gotten a bonus), free cellphone, free car, free clothes, free college and god knows what else. Silly me. Oh well at least I have my pride.
daycare provider

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

76gurl wrote:
true alot abuse the program....but ummm...you said she worked, so she paid taxes too and what day care watches kids at night...so parents ca gooo party lol...peoples perceptions...
mountain heart approvesd the times you can babyset based on the shift you work so if you work a nite shift it approves it
i do know a provider that puts down the days she knows the mom works-- but the child stays with a relative-- then when the mom wants to go out-- the sitter who is paid by mt heart- watches the child because she is already collecting a $300 monthly check for the child--
this happens frequently and the provider- the one that gets paid to babyset-- she lives in apartments by hud out daniels way... if she gets hud she probably gets other assistance too-- aint the system nice for those who abuse it.
I myself would be afraid of getting caught and accused of fraud.
my two cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

daycare provider wrote:
<quoted text>
mountain heart approvesd the times you can babyset based on the shift you work so if you work a nite shift it approves it
i do know a provider that puts down the days she knows the mom works-- but the child stays with a relative-- then when the mom wants to go out-- the sitter who is paid by mt heart- watches the child because she is already collecting a $300 monthly check for the child--
this happens frequently and the provider- the one that gets paid to babyset-- she lives in apartments by hud out daniels way... if she gets hud she probably gets other assistance too-- aint the system nice for those who abuse it.
I myself would be afraid of getting caught and accused of fraud.
well i guess that answers the question of how it works here ! i couldnt dispute what 76gurl said about here because i only knew how it worked in nc , yet again another person abusing something that "could " be a good thing to help people get on their feet , but is more often used as a way for people to stay on their butts !
wings

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

without this program - the mt heart - I couldnt go to work today and because WV - at least Beckley- dont prosecute dead beat dads and make them pay their child support or put them in jail _ I have to work and miss out on a lot of things with my two boys. I would love to see him ROT in Jail for what he (their sperm donor) has done to them. Anyone know HOW to make a dead beat dad pay up? Already did the contempt of court order - nothing happened.

“I pity the fool...”

Level 3

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

You can't if they don't pay...I know it is hard to make ends meet and st lest you are trying to work. The reason so many are ticked is the ones who won't work. People who abuse the system instead of complaining about them, report them. If you do they will get caught.
really

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Wow wrote:
Looks like I did it all wrong. Instead of Going to college while working, graduating and getting a job with my degree (which sucks because I'm only making $6 more an hour than min wage), and barely scraping by every month, I should have just gotten knocked up right out of high school, and refused to work!!! I'd probably be a hell of a lot better off than I am now, I'd get free gas, a bonus every 6 months (bonus, what's that? I've never gotten a bonus), free cellphone, free car, free clothes, free college and god knows what else. Silly me. Oh well at least I have my pride.
Yeah, maybe you should have! Your pride seems a little pi$$ed.
Otiana Martin

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Who do I call need help with a car
uuu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

The 500 is a one time bonus
becky

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

giver wrote:
http://www.goodnewsmountaineer garage.com/?nav=need_car
check out the link. Its true they do GIVE you a car. All you have to do besides be eligible is get it legal. I know for a fact 3 different people that got them. I checked the book value of one and it was $3500. Its nice with nothing wrong with it and the other two look about the same. All 3 were nice / decent cars, tires, interior... etc. The title cam about a month later and the car is solely theirs.
Talk to your case worker & let them know if you had a car you could work. If you get a job they pay you $150 a month for going to work,$50 for gas $500 bonus every 6 months... You add it up with your food stamps and medical and your making miners wages...
I am on disabilty and my transmission went out on my car i just need to get repaired.
becky

Franklin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Do you know if they help people that are on disability. My transmission went out on my car and just need to get repaired
Spencer

Waterford, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

giver wrote:
http://www.goodnewsmountaineer garage.com/?nav=need_car
I for one am sick to death working myself into the ground and being taxed to death while watching freeloading drones demand more and more.
The main reasons I work as hard as I do is to ensure my family has everything they need. Insurance, both medical and dental. Morgage. And very soon collage for my daughter. I don't think I could live with myself if I had to depend on anyone to support myself and children. When I see welfare rats seemingly proud they are getting more hand out than the next freeloading rat it makes me sick!
I have a $35,000 Toyota, my wife a $40,000 Jeep. We make monthly payments on both. Why should I pay for a welfare rats car?
My 16 year old daughter just bought her first car. A 2003 Jeep Wrangler for $12,000. I told her I would match what ever money she put towards the car. She worked summers, did odd jobs, baby sat and came up with $6000! If my sixteen year old daughter can purchase a car what the hell is wrong with you scum bags? Don't tell me you cant find a job! Your a looser and drain on society!
I'm sick of welfare rats excuses. When a sixteen year old girl with no job experience, while going to school full time make more per year than you....It's time to accept your a brain dead, freeloading, scumbag drone!
weekender

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Wow wrote:
so proud of you we need more ppl like you.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

A deportation would be more cost effective for the welfare trash

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 13 min bacon hater 43,280
Glitterz on Harper Rd 35 min LoL 4
"Angel", Nikki from Southern X (Aug '13) 44 min Andy 94
Jerry Ball murders-Any info? (Jun '10) 48 min Just me 339
Putin may be prejudice 1 hr fannie 2
Bundy vs United States Government 1 hr glasshouse 168
Lemon Law Question 1 hr Ride 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••