First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Fayetteville, WV

#1 May 2, 2011
I was curious to see if anyone on here had worked for Visiting Angels and if they liked working for them. Also, I was wondering what rate of pay they start their caregivers out at. Seem like it might be a really nice place to work.
Corporate Employee

Bensalem, PA

#2 May 3, 2011
wondering wrote:
I was curious to see if anyone on here had worked for Visiting Angels and if they liked working for them. Also, I was wondering what rate of pay they start their caregivers out at. Seem like it might be a really nice place to work.
Hi, Wondering.

I work for Visiting Angels Corporate and really enjoy it. Each franchise is independently owned and operated, so don't be surprised if you find ranging pay scales. My recommendation would be to locate the local franchise by giving corporate a call at 800.365.4189 and then contacting the agency directly. If you want, ask for Mike and I can help you. Hope this helps!

Mike from Visiting Angels Corporate
Oh NO

United States

#3 May 3, 2011
I worked for them... & I seriously recommend that you do NOT work for this company!! They are very unfair and a rip off. The one in Beckley is Privately Owned.
Corporate Employee

Bensalem, PA

#4 May 3, 2011
Oh NO wrote:
I worked for them... & I seriously recommend that you do NOT work for this company!! They are very unfair and a rip off. The one in Beckley is Privately Owned.
Oh No-
All our agencies are independently owned and operated, and not managed directly by our corporate headquarters or have any connection to the KY ofc that Wondering was, well, wondering about.

I'd be very interested to hear from you directly about your experiences and see if I get involved or help. Please give me a call and let me know about the issues you've experienced (provided you are a caregiver from the Beckley, West Virginia location, or a client we've served).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike from Corporate
Agreed

Tarboro, NC

#5 May 3, 2011
Oh NO wrote:
I personally worked their also. You have to basically search for your hours or be on-call to get your hours, unless they have changed things that is. There was No Mike there when i worked there it was Michelle-the owner running it. She had her hands full but still each client should have their own worker and if that worker can't work the clients needs then they should find another instead of sending someone 20min to work for 2 hours then wait till 3p and go take one to dr for one hour. It just wasn't very stable hours. However, the owner and the other ppl in office were very nice ppl. Just needing some restructoring i feel.
Yes

United States

#6 May 3, 2011
Agreed is right... Michelle Rotelli is the owner in Beckley. So if you still have anything to do with this company itself I would be glad to talk to you. However, I dont think this company you do. She opened it herself and it is private pay only.
ICU

United States

#7 May 3, 2011
Are the employees bonded so they don't steal from you? I am not sure I would trust minimum wage types around any valuables that I might own
Well

United States

#8 May 4, 2011
Then you will probably never find an agency then. These people do all this hard work and most are started at minimum wage and are not bonded. I mean you would really have to prove someone had stolen something, not just word of mouth.. We have seen a lot of people being wrongfull accused of stealing peoples property, and then sometimeswe just cant prove it.
sick of it

Beckley, WV

#9 May 4, 2011
Yes wrote:
Agreed is right... Michelle Rotelli is the owner in Beckley. So if you still have anything to do with this company itself I would be glad to talk to you. However, I dont think this company you do. She opened it herself and it is private pay only.
Michelle and Cathy went in together and opened Visiting Angels. Some of the people they hire don't show up or call in way too much. You can't have a business like that. I'm surprised it has lasted this long.
Agreed

Tarboro, NC

#10 May 4, 2011
sick of it wrote:
<quoted text> Michelle and Cathy went in together and opened Visiting Angels. Some of the people they hire don't show up or call in way too much. You can't have a business like that. I'm surprised it has lasted this long.
Yeah I'am too! I honestly hadn't seen anymore advertisement so i thought they had closed or just didn't service the Raleigh County rea anymore. This company is private pay, some of the elderly people have a suppliment ins. that reimburst them. Most of their clients were higher class ppl cause who can pay $14 a hour for their loved one to be taken care of. I mean they do nothing that a private sitter couldn't do, and most would rather be a private sitter and make the money under the table. Grant it this job isn't all peaches and cream. Your dealimg with these people's family sometimes daily and most think they are better than you and look down on you. That's the client not the managment. The office people are extremly nice. But unless things have changed in the past couple of months since i worked there. It is you work 2 hrs here n 2 hours maybe all the way to Daniels-with gas prices i bet it has put a damper on their business. Taking clients to the dr, sometimes you can usethe clients vehicle but my experience was I had to transport with my vehicle and got like .30c a mile not even covers it w/price of gas. Small business's such as this one is going to be hard to keep clients with the economy the way it is now. This is just my opinion of which what Topix is suppose to be about. I really wish Michelle Rotellini the best cause she is a very very sweet person. I think she opened this business after experience w/ a family member that was ill. Good Luck Visiting Angels!
sick of it

Beckley, WV

#11 May 4, 2011
Last i heard they were charging $16.00 an hour. That is what a friend of mine told me. She worked for them a while.
ICU

United States

#12 May 4, 2011
Well wrote:
Then you will probably never find an agency then. These people do all this hard work and most are started at minimum wage and are not bonded. I mean you would really have to prove someone had stolen something, not just word of mouth.. We have seen a lot of people being wrongfull accused of stealing peoples property, and then sometimeswe just cant prove it.
That's ok with me then. The maid services here bond their employees. I would be afraid to let those min wages types around anything of value
Thank God for Angels

Nashville, TN

#13 May 4, 2011
My grandmother was taken care of by multiple angels from Beckley's Visiting Angels and I haven't a clue what we'd have done without them. They are a great company that provides quality care. Each family is on a different payment plan based on the needs in their situation. Some people require that the angel cleans some, cooks, or even takes them to the grocery store. Others just need a friend. I have been pleased with the owners and angels. You would be blessed to work for them. They really become a part of your family!
ICU

United States

#14 May 4, 2011
why am I thinking this is just a spam thread for this visiting angels franchise? They are not bonded, can steal you blind and then go on their way
The States attorney needs to look into this
wondering

Demotte, IN

#15 May 4, 2011
ICU wrote:
why am I thinking this is just a spam thread for this visiting angels franchise? They are not bonded, can steal you blind and then go on their way The States attorney needs to look into this
I can promise you this is not spam! I simply saw a flyer in kroger, and wondered if it was a good company to work for because I have heard of them.No need to make a big deal about bonding and stealing on here!
wondering

Demotte, IN

#16 May 4, 2011
ICU wrote:
<quoted text>That's ok with me then. The maid services here bond their employees. I would be afraid to let those min wages types around anything of value
By the way, just because someone might make minimum wage doesn't automatically make them a thief!A wealthy person can steal just as easily as a poor person!
ICU

United States

#17 May 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text> By the way, just because someone might make minimum wage doesn't automatically make them a thief!A wealthy person can steal just as easily as a poor person!
They can but they wont
canada_wondering

United States

#18 May 4, 2011
Bullshit how many celebs have been caught stealing? Guess they work for min wage too? You need a reality check.
ICU

United States

#19 May 4, 2011
celebrities were caught stealing while being caregivers? Not hardly.
Minimum wage tyoes will stel you blind if you dont keep an eye on them. Hiring a mexican would make much more sense
Give Me a Break

United States

#20 May 7, 2011
Im sorry to say this but you cant be that stupid to think just because someone makes minimum wage they are going to steal from you. You better think again, and quit judging people so quickly on status. SO SAD!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 3 min _FLATLINE-------- 6,617
global warming is here (Jan '14) 34 min Porch Honkey the ... 452
New River Park Pool is DISGUSTING 3 hr Hugh Jazz 15
all aboard 4 hr okk 8
How much $ does an inmate need in jail (Jun '13) 5 hr GayBriel 54
Those Fine Veterans 5 hr GayBriel 8
bible belt is loosening 5 hr Fran 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages