Surgeons of beckley
Help

Beckley, WV

#1 Apr 26, 2011
Who to use for hernia?
b very careful

Ona, WV

#2 Apr 27, 2011
I'm not sure I can help u with a name---but my husband had very simple hernia surgery in Charleston 2 years ago--what was suppose to be a 25 minute surgery and home turned into 63 days with him being coded twice--he lost his colon--will never be the same--all from mistakes made--we started out in Beckley with Dr. Kilmer (we should have stayed with him)--good luck but most of all --don't take a hernia surgery lightly--
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Not sure about hernias but I had a lump removed from my breast in 06 by dr dickenson. He was amazing!!! I to this day forget which breast it was because I can't find the scar unless I am looking for it in some amazing lighting, my husband even has a hard time finding it!! He is on Harper rd (or was anyways) with I think his name is dr kilmer (can't remember his name I just know he is hott lol) good luck dear!!! I hope all goes well!!!
Help

Beckley, WV

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for the info made appointment with Kilmer. Feel better for some reason than using the referal to the Hindi doctor doctor sang I think it was.
Girly Girl

Beckley, WV

#5 Apr 29, 2011
Dr. Lao did two surgeries for a family member as well as 2 breast surgeries. He's great and you do not have to worry about negligence. He's fabulous.
Girly Girl

Beckley, WV

#6 Apr 29, 2011
I should have added that the first two surgeries were hernia surgeries.
Out w old in w new

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Apr 30, 2011
whatever you do dont use dr ramonnie (prob not spelled right)or dr jafary for anything. I hope your surgery goes well and has a speedy recovery.
seriously

Beckley, WV

#8 Apr 30, 2011
Dr. Mikkilini did my hernia repair. He has the lowest infection rate of any doctor at RGH, according to my family doctor. He's a fine man, too. Very kind and compassionate.

Since: Apr 10

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Apr 30, 2011
Dr. Kilmer did my husbands double hernia repair a couple of years ago at BARH & he was great!
Concerned

Bladensburg, MD

#10 Mar 31, 2017
Kilmer did my inguinal hernia surgery repaired it with the mesh. I was in sever pain after the surgery and without ever looking at it told me that the pain was to be expected and that all I needed to do was stretch. Now keep in mind that I did not get to actually see Kilmer, just his PA.. So after a week of me trying to stretch and returning to work the pain only intensified so I returned to the dr again.. Told them what was going on and that I couldn't stand to do the stretches because my testicle was all the way up against my bone and it was like getting kicked in the nuts whenever I'd try to do the stretches , God forbid I had to cough. Again without looking at it I was told to do stretches and was just dismissed.. I requested to see Kilmer personally & was told he was to busy. So after returning 8 more times with the same thing happening I sought help elsewhere. Dr. Whyte also a surgeon seen me and actually looked at the problem and told me that when Kilmer had done the surgery that he didn't pull my teaticle back down into my scrotom before tacking in the mesh. And since I had been dismissed for over three months now it was possible to just take out the mesh and pull the testicle back down because the cord going to the teaticle had also attached itself to the mesh . So in-order to stop the pain my testicle had to be removed !!! That's right removed !!! The other Dr told me that it was such a simple mistake he had made but it was a very important step in the surgery that had to be done, so that this did not happen...
Canada- wondering

Beckley, WV

#11 Mar 31, 2017
I need a repair...Im going to UPMC but mine is very complicated and I will receive good care...Dr. Safley could not do it.
John Phillips

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 31, 2017
Canada- wondering wrote:
I need a repair...Im going to UPMC but mine is very complicated and I will receive good care...Dr. Safley could not do it.
If you are from Canada you should get your operations at the VW dealership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 1 hr Anonymous 37
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Big dong daddy 4,245
Parking in Beckley/The Bad Parts of Town 5 hr Honestly 17
Airport Video (Nov '10) 8 hr Duh 141
Old Burger Boy 8 hr Warrior1256 2
Megan Howard 9 hr Not really 6
Health help 11 hr Karen 1

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance