First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jun 21, 2011
I think that it may be best for the fd to close, considering the fire chief is too hard headed to quit and give it to someone new and doesnt relize he is too ill and old to do the job he needs to do. The fd needs change, i think as well as alot of other people, if he would go money and people would come
Plain

Northfork, WV

#2 Jun 21, 2011
You would think different if your house was on fire, or better yet if BVFD folded kiss that low cost homeowner insurance good by. I think Bruce is an asset to that department, you need to check your animosity at the door.
Facts

Princeton, WV

#3 Jun 21, 2011
Do you think that maybe Commissioner Aliff should check their books very carefully before money is given to them for the compensation bill? Is it possible that the funds have been depleted by taking care of personal expenses and other nonqualified "odds and ends?" Would it be wise to appoint someone to take care of the finances of this department that is not directly affilliated with them? Could it be possible that there are a lot of hidden payouts?
now now

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Jun 21, 2011
This sounds like someone who has a personal grudge. But I guess whining on topix is better than actually doing something.
Beckley citizen

Beckley, WV

#5 Jun 21, 2011
Sorry for the firefighters who work there and the folks who are n their jurisdiction but bruce James should be In prison. How many times has he been arrested??? Way too many. For gods sake, wasn't he accused of killing someone?
painfull

Northfork, WV

#6 Jun 21, 2011
Facts wrote:
Do you think that maybe Commissioner Aliff should check their books very carefully before money is given to them for the compensation bill? Is it possible that the funds have been depleted by taking care of personal expenses and other nonqualified "odds and ends?" Would it be wise to appoint someone to take care of the finances of this department that is not directly affilliated with them? Could it be possible that there are a lot of hidden payouts?
This is Southern WV the home on hired embezzlers, your better off getting on online accounting program cause they will steal you blind. There is more than one person other than Bruce keeping an eye on the books their.
We will see

Beckley, WV

#7 Jun 22, 2011
Mr James has made a mistake, he is going to be overwhelemed by the number of people that want him gone we shall see what happens
Kiss my a- -

Beckley, WV

#8 Jun 22, 2011
We shall see who wins the contest but the main thing is that BPVFD will get to pay their bills
everywhere

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Jun 22, 2011
What has happened to all the bingo money that is raised every week. I DO know, if you play bingo and tips you make money.
Heard Enough

Beckley, WV

#10 Jun 23, 2011
everywhere wrote:
What has happened to all the bingo money that is raised every week. I DO know, if you play bingo and tips you make money.
They used it trying to make Beckley Speedway work.Jack Williams couldn`t make it work.I don`t know why anybody thought Bruce James could do any better.They had already closed BPVFD on Ragland Road when that folly came up.There are some very good young men and women in the fire department.They deserve better than Bruce James.
fire dept

Beckley, WV

#11 Jun 23, 2011
A lot of people want to see BPVFD close! However, the area needs that fire dept! Do you really think that if it does close that another will open!?! Yes changes need to be made but the area still needs the fire service. If it does close, other local FD's will have to cover the area... resulting in a delay on someone coming to save a life! That life could be yours or someone you know!! People give these local firemen a hard time but they are usually the first to be there when you need help on the worst day of your life! Changes are needed but the dept does not need to be closed!!
Best of luck to the people in the area and to the BPVFD!!
Fact

Princeton, WV

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Maybe it is just time to clean house real good, no one wants to see the BPVFD closed. But could it be that it is being ripped off from within? Maybe donations of cash not reported, donations of merchandise from merchants gone BP's private homes and false billing for other things. Could it be that James, plus a few of the department members are involved?
How many bogus businesses like the racetrack were funded from the departments money?
What happened after the truck was wrecked while going on call to a wreck? Is that part of the reason the compensation cost is now so high? It must have raised the vehicle insurance also.
James is trying to cover his arse with the gimmick of voting. He knows that if enough money is raised, someone might say stay even is the vote was against him. If no one sends in the negative vote, then he gets to say he is popular.
They need to bring in a new chief from outside that department and set up a board of accounting for all the volunteer departments that cannot seem to meet their debts.

GLOCKUSA

Green Cove Springs, FL

#13 Jun 24, 2011
Bruce James is an idiot. I laughed when I saw in the paper about Jim being looked upon as a "legend." Legendary idiot maybe.
Atten FACT

Beckley, WV

#14 Jun 25, 2011
Put you money where you mouth is vote against
And you need to talk to some of the members who are at BPVFD and see how they feel.
Atten glockusa

Beckley, WV

#15 Jun 25, 2011
Put your money where your mouth is at vote against if you want to see him gone instead of getting on topic vote with cash or sit the f@"k up
Atten Beckley resident

Beckley, WV

#16 Jun 25, 2011
Being arrested is not being convicted what was the out come of being arrested do you know or are you just a shit stirer and no Bruce James did not kill anybody I Thank you have him confused with the mayor of mascot who killed a guy and beat the charges against him but still had to pay a civil Judgement that was obtained by the boys parents his pay at mascot was actually garnished after he was removed from being on disability.
Atten fact

Beckley, WV

#17 Jun 25, 2011
Put your money where your mouth is at vote against if you want to see Bruce James gone maybe the you folks on topic will stop this bullshit there is no missing money no missing items donated by business their is a board that decided to give the race track a try and you are wrong jack williams made money with the speedway it was only after he sold it to David black did the speedway go down hill and that is how jack Whittaker got it he bought it after the Leon holder bought it back at the public action and sold it to jack Whittsker for $500,000.00
The fire Dept thought they had a backer to help them buy the track that is why they renewed the lease for the second year but when that backer said he was not going to be able to come thru they did not renew the lease at the end of two years and the fire Dept was already struggling finically and that was not where the bingo money went there was no bingo money used to operate the race track the fire Dept closed their bingo in nov of 2007 after lossing money game after game. They started back in July of 2008 with a lower payout and that's what saved the department from going bankrupt.
why

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2011
Are the other local fire dept's in sound condition ? I called 4 other Vol. Fire dept. in Raleigh and Wy. and Summers cty's all stated they were ok. Whats up with Bradley ?
wondering the same

Princeton, WV

#19 Jun 25, 2011
why wrote:
Are the other local fire dept's in sound condition ? I called 4 other Vol. Fire dept. in Raleigh and Wy. and Summers cty's all stated they were ok. Whats up with Bradley ?
Does make you question just what is going on with that department? They might become the reason homeowners will be stuck with a levy or new tax to cover their short money supply.
driver

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Jun 25, 2011
Closing down the fire dept will not help anyone. People who lives on the north end of the district will not be happy when they need them when it will take Beaver Fire 45min to a hour to get to you. I can not see why this dept. would have so much trouble, when Rt 19 by Go Mart bridge was being worked on they would get call's nearly every other day for accidents. They get plenty of call's from I-77 so they should be making money. However here is a thought, how much is spent on the people for the ones that are living at the department?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas prices in Beckley 41 min Dreg Garby 9
Wh&%es of Beckley 43 min DigglerMyWiggler 44
Man hit in wheel chair 1 hr Susie 4
SAM's CLUB DECEIVING CUSTOMERS 2 hr CrockOChristmas 1
Men only 2 hr Fannies Gay Lover 31
Dave Tolliver Tax Man 2 hr Fannies Gay Lover 5
applachain labs 3 hr dep 4

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance