“Pickin and grinnin”

Since: Mar 09

Hazard County

#21 Aug 21, 2009
Sounds like some lawsuits in the making to me, given the close proximity to Glen Daniel and all. Any way this thread can be moved to that forum where it belongs? There'd be a ton jumping on the class action gravy train within a few minutes.
Confused

Beckley, WV

#22 Aug 21, 2009
I am a resident of Glen Daniel and I go to the lake frequently and also have a lot of my friends that go there with their family and havent heard of anything going on @ the lake. Dont know what is being said about a lawsuit or whatever but it doesnt concern me. AS far as the stupid junk that goes on down there yeah im sure it happened, before are stupid EVERYWHERE and I was @ Little Beaver a few years back with my son and witnessed 2 teeangers out on a picnic table and I totally went off. There is a time and place for everything and in the middle of the day @ a park isnt the time or place.
gheez

Oak Hill, WV

#23 Aug 22, 2009
a person can get sick anywhere ,not just because the visited a lake, normally little children get sick from other children's germs. We've been at Lake Stephens this year and it was a very nice family place,lots of children playing and laughing in the water, nothing bad,but anywhere a person goes theres a chance that someone may be acting bad or being out of line or whatever,thats everywhere.Heck today at the Beckley Walmart teenagers was at a vechicle, cusing ,hitting and kicking a car and saying some really bad things and children everywhere you looked.
kenneth

Tarboro, NC

#24 Aug 23, 2009
that was me watta ya gona do about it
about the lake

Tarboro, NC

#25 Aug 27, 2009
look kenneth get over yourself, were talking about the lake, it's the internet there's no need to get pissy when someone talk about how you dont' know how to handle things, calm down. damn
jenn

Valley Head, WV

#26 Aug 27, 2009
yes acually me my husband and my friends kids all went there last week and the very next day all the kids which mine are 5 and 3 and her kids are 7 and 5 all had runny noses and sore throats gave them allergy medicine that is crazy that now you say that never would have put them two together figured it was the rag weed in the air or something!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 09

Enfield, NC

#27 Aug 29, 2009
I've been there several times this summer and never have gotten sick...
yea

Beckley, WV

#28 Jan 4, 2011
ironic that this post comes up in August when my friends son was in the hospital dying. He was admitted on Sunday August 15th after swimming at Lake Stephens. Final diagnosis was MRSA in the bloodstream. The kid had no cuts or anything. Hospital officials say he may have swallowed it from the lake. He was very, very ill and was on life support. He made it out ok but tok a long time to recover. HIs organs shut down and everything.
come on

Beckley, WV

#29 Jan 4, 2011
Lake Stephens bought the prosperity community center snd raised the price. It is now $175 to rent.Even for a 2 hour kids birthday party!!

“"attack the argument,”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

not the person"

#30 Jan 4, 2011
i think it's sick that im not even from around here and i know it's called stephens lake,not lake stephens.why are all you west virginiinians so stoupud?
jusd is stupid

Cincinnati, OH

#31 Jan 5, 2011
Read your post idiot. You say we're stupid yet you can barely spell half the words in your post? Including West Virginia and Stupid. Who's stupid now?

“"attack the argument,”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

not the person"

#32 Jan 5, 2011
jusd is stupid wrote:
Read your post idiot. You say we're stupid yet you can barely spell half the words in your post? Including West Virginia and Stupid. Who's stupid now?
wow,thanks for proving my point.

was it not obvious i miss-spelled those words on purpose?

hook,line and sinker,looks like we gotta throw this one back :/
Full of it

United States

#33 Jan 6, 2011
You are full of it if you think the county bought the dryhill- prosperity community center the board of directors gave it to the county. Every thing except there money which is not very much now somebody has Been dipping into the community centers money. Bruce James probaly I know for a fact he is a big crook.
Lake Stephens

Beckley, WV

#34 Jan 6, 2011
jusd wrote:
i think it's sick that im not even from around here and i know it's called stephens lake,not lake stephens.why are all you west virginiinians so stoupud?
For someone who is so smart, you really need to get your facts straight because it is Lake Stephens. But since you are so smart and you know everything (by reading most of your previous posts) maybe they need to correct their website, and their signs, and anything else that is ever written about Lake Stephens.

http://www.lakestephenswv.com/

Above is a link to their website, just to prove that apparently you are not as smart as what you think you are!
ralphie

Beckley, WV

#35 Jan 6, 2011
I talked to a woman a few months ago that works for the health department. She warned me not to go there, she said they have found 2 types of MRSA in that water.
wondering

Beckley, WV

#36 Jan 6, 2011
ralphie wrote:
I talked to a woman a few months ago that works for the health department. She warned me not to go there, she said they have found 2 types of MRSA in that water.
so we should not eat the fish?
ralphie

Beckley, WV

#37 Jan 6, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
so we should not eat the fish?
I would call and talk to the people at the health department.
Upper Class

Tarboro, NC

#38 Jan 6, 2011
We refer to Lake Stephens as Myrtle Beach for the people of Route 3. No wonder people are getting MRSA there. The scum of Southern West Virginia hang out there.
Funny

Beckley, WV

#39 Jan 6, 2011
Upper Class wrote:
We refer to Lake Stephens as Myrtle Beach for the people of Route 3. No wonder people are getting MRSA there. The scum of Southern West Virginia hang out there.
Anyone with any type of class would not be insulting people! So your name should be No Class
Ughh yea

Cincinnati, OH

#40 Jan 6, 2011
Upper Class wrote:
If you can afford to have a camper out there.. i doubt you are the scum of Southern WV. Do you know how much it costs per month to have a camper there? It isn't cheap. It's the same cost as some peoples homes, yet I stay 4 months out of the year. Not to mention my RV costs more than your house most likely.

You make your comment as if Myrtle Beach is some kind of wonderful destination. I guess you frequent there? Point made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley College announces new ownership (Nov '11) 7 min Jude KENEDDY 5
News Valley College opens new location in Beckley (May '13) 16 min Jude KENEDDY 58
TRUMP is an acronym for........ (May '16) 1 hr Rockin these guns 58
Beckley VA Release of Information 2 hr Venting 3
Why is it so cold in restaurants (Aug '10) 5 hr Carl 38
vc 5 hr Artie Shaw 2
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 13 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,943

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages