What are your opinions of the Associa...
Nurse Me

Humble, TX

#61 Dec 4, 2008
As a nurse who works closely with all the Associate physicians, I have to take offense to some of the comments that are posted on here. I have seen no "God" complexes and I have seen all of them take the time to listen to and reassure their patients. I seen some of them even shed some tears over lost babies. They treat us with respect and compassion in our personal lives also. I would highly recommend that anyone see them and would even recommend further them for any type of surgical procedure.
1 post removed
Jess

Greenville, NC

#63 Jan 7, 2009
I am currently pregnant with my 3rd baby and I have seen Associates through each of my pregnancies. I like most of them alright, except for Spurlock. Every pregnancy I have had she has made me feel crazy and stupid with how I was feeling. With baby #1 she refused to believe me when I went to the hospital because my water had broken. She made me wait and go through hard contractions all while fussing at me until she discovered my water really had broken. With baby#2 she seemed better. She even told me to call her at the hospital and if she wasn't busy I could come in and she would help me get labor started. When I did call she was busy but told me to do some home methods for trying to start labor. Well, I did them all and later that night contractions came on regularly so i went to the hospital. She insulted me and my husband for trying these home methods she told me to do. She didn't think my contractions were real but after being monitored for a while she broke my water and we had a baby 3 hours later. Now with baby #3 I refused to see her throughout my appts , but after being stretched by another dr I started feeling pains and contractions were every 5 min. So I went to the hospital where she totally didn't want to help me or listen to me at all. All she could do was tell how it was 130 am and she didn't need this. We all sat there in shock of how she just went off making it about herself. She finally left the room after telling us she doesn't care if people like her anymore and how she is going through a lawsuit over an induction in thepast. That makes me feel good and safe! It turns out after walking and having the nurse check me again, they would send me home due to thick cervix. These times are hard enough without someone be so hateful. She makes you doubt yourself and the way you feel. I think she needs to move on and go do something else. It is obvious she doesn't enjoy what she does anymore.
Amy

Saint Albans, WV

#64 Jan 7, 2009
Well a few nurses out there have bad attitudes...they are very rude...so I went to their superior Greg Dunbar...the treatment the second time around was alot better...
opinion

United States

#65 Jan 7, 2009
I have been going there for 31 yrs and they have always done right by me....Now I have seen some hateful Doctors through the yrs only about 2 since I have been there...They delivered 3 of my girls and my grandkids...Toni Graham is the best one, she takes time. she listens and is a good Doctor. She is located down stairs. I used to like Mrs Eades but her bed side manor has changed through the yrs....I vote Toni Graham
hello

Charleston, WV

#66 Jan 7, 2009
I just thank goodness that Pulliam isnt working up there anymore. I vote him to be the worst doctor on Earth!!!!!!!!!!He is rude, abrupt, and has no bedside manner. I think he is the hatefulest (sp?) man there is!
cockrocker

Greenville, NC

#67 Jan 8, 2009
opinion wrote:
I have been going there for 31 yrs and they have always done right by me....Now I have seen some hateful Doctors through the yrs only about 2 since I have been there...They delivered 3 of my girls and my grandkids...Toni Graham is the best one, she takes time. she listens and is a good Doctor. She is located down stairs. I used to like Mrs Eades but her bed side manor has changed through the yrs....I vote Toni Graham
I have to agree, Toni Graham is by far the best and I will not see anyone else =). She takes the time to listen and understand each question or concern.
hottie betty

Ashburn, VA

#68 Jan 8, 2009
I didn't like most of them. I didn't like having to see different doctors and midwives with every visit. I didn't like it when I would go to them and complain about how my heart was acting and being shooed away after they made sure the baby was okay. It was like a total disregard for my health as long as the baby had a strong heartbeat. I suffered with postpartum OCD, and not one of them could tell me what I had or what to do about it. I had to find out all of this stuff on my own. The only positive was Carolyn Spurlock's attendence of the delivery. The rest of it was horrible.
Amanda

Georgetown, TX

#69 Jan 8, 2009
I don't like any of the doctors there but the midwives are wonderful. I make all of my appointments with Venay Uecke and she's always really friendly and makes me feel at ease. I've had 2 kids and most of my appointments during my pregnancies were with her. I do hate RGH though, that hospital is horrible, I would never have another baby there.
mee

Willis, TX

#70 Jan 9, 2009
well i think ALL the drs are bunch of quakes they about killed me and my son dr linley is a huge idiot and dr seigal needs to go back to medical school some of the midwifes are really nice they treat me like a human and not a job the drs should really watch and learn from them
Melissa

Nitro, WV

#71 Apr 6, 2009
I personally have had nothing but bad experiences with the Associates. In March of 07 I had a miscarrage and was referred to Dr. Khalil, She is a very uncaring doctor. Anything I asked she brushed off and her quick fix for everything was birthcontrol. I am now pregnant and still have to see the associates, this time around I have seen Dr.Wolfe and Siegl and both have also been uncaring. Dr Siegel makes me feel stupid and loves to spit a bunch of medical terms at you and wont try and explain what the heck he is talking about. Now I have seen the doctors in Charleston and there is such a huge contrast in the way the doctors act and just being caring.
rose

Rocky Mount, NC

#72 Apr 6, 2009
Melissa wrote:
I personally have had nothing but bad experiences with the Associates. In March of 07 I had a miscarrage and was referred to Dr. Khalil, She is a very uncaring doctor. Anything I asked she brushed off and her quick fix for everything was birthcontrol. I am now pregnant and still have to see the associates, this time around I have seen Dr.Wolfe and Siegl and both have also been uncaring. Dr Siegel makes me feel stupid and loves to spit a bunch of medical terms at you and wont try and explain what the heck he is talking about. Now I have seen the doctors in Charleston and there is such a huge contrast in the way the doctors act and just being caring.
Have you tried Dr. Webb?
mystery

Beckley, WV

#73 Apr 9, 2009
I had a good experience with the Associates...I especially enjoyed Dr. Khalil she followed me very closely as I had gestational diabetes. It's a shame that others didn't have the same experience I did.
Anomar

United States

#74 Feb 27, 2010
I was comfortable with the associates for both pregnancies. They are an extremely busy practice, but I stuck with Lyn Haley and Deb Crowder, who are both VERY knowledgable and kind. I also loved Dr Webb and Lindley. I had no complications with confused due dates, no issues during delivery, and really no problems. A nice group.
The only issue I had was with Dr Siegel.
Dr Siegel seemed....distraught and paranoid everytime I saw him, but he also seemed knowledgable concerning pregnancy, even if I think he is bipolar.
I would recommend seeing them, and the nursing staff at Raleigh General were very nice....especially the delivery staff.
Anomar

United States

#75 Feb 27, 2010
cockrocker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree, Toni Graham is by far the best and I will not see anyone else =). She takes the time to listen and understand each question or concern.
Toni isn't a doctor. I think she is a PA or NP.
BEWARE

Bakewell, TN

#76 Feb 28, 2010
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS GROUP HAS TAKEN OVER A NUMBER OF CLINICS AND HEALTH CARE SERVICES RECENTLY. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENTS AND THEIR NEEDS BUT RATHER TO MAKE A BIG PROFIT. THERE ARE ISSUES WITH THE CEO AND MEDICAL DIRECTOR WHO ARE PIECES OF CRAP. THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER HEALTH CARE IN THE AREA AND IN THE PROCESS LOCAL PEOPLE ARE PAYING THE PRICE. I WOULD ADVISE TO AVOID THEM.
Miracle1

Belden, MS

#77 Mar 7, 2010
I am 14 weeks prego and had a miscarriage just 6 months ago.... I seen dr kahlil for my miscarriage and she was awesome. Answered all my questions and had sympathy for me during that rough time... Dr Webb was my normal doc and he was always great to.... The best that I have had during this pregnancy is by far Dr Beth Ross. She is a midwife but she knows her stuff!! She is very relatable and will actually listen to u an what ur problems are!! She has been super great with me during my pregnancy. I have asked if I could requet that she be the one that delivers my baby once that time comes... But she said it's just whoever is on call that day!! She has also told me that doctor don't deliver babies anymore (unless there are complications). But midwife are the "baby catchers" now.... I would love to see her for every appt but I just get who ever has open appt late in evening due to my work schedule !! I would recommend her to everyone!!! One that I did not like was Dr Seigel because he rushed through everything and did not let me explain any of my problems.... He justy kept saying oh it's fine don't worry bout it and then when I would ask him something he cut me off before I could even finish my sentence. I am very nervous with this pregnany becaue I have already had a miscsriagge and I have lots of concerns. But so far everything in normal and going great!! Thank goodness!!! But I love midwife dr. Beth Ross. Very very professional and informative an actually seems to care about your wellbeing as well as your baby!!!
Until you need him

Lubbock, TX

#78 Mar 8, 2010
hello wrote:
I just thank goodness that Pulliam isnt working up there anymore. I vote him to be the worst doctor on Earth!!!!!!!!!!He is rude, abrupt, and has no bedside manner. I think he is the hatefulest (sp?) man there is!
During the time that he worked with me (breast issues) he was very kind and understanding of my fears. I don't think ob/gyn is his calling... but in the situation that he cared for me, he was wonderful.
Saved my life

Lubbock, TX

#79 Mar 8, 2010
Miracle1 wrote:
I am 14 weeks prego and had a miscarriage just 6 months ago.... I seen dr kahlil for my miscarriage and she was awesome. Answered all my questions and had sympathy for me during that rough time... Dr Webb was my normal doc and he was always great to.... The best that I have had during this pregnancy is by far Dr Beth Ross. She is a midwife but she knows her stuff!! She is very relatable and will actually listen to u an what ur problems are!! She has been super great with me during my pregnancy. I have asked if I could requet that she be the one that delivers my baby once that time comes... But she said it's just whoever is on call that day!! She has also told me that doctor don't deliver babies anymore (unless there are complications). But midwife are the "baby catchers" now.... I would love to see her for every appt but I just get who ever has open appt late in evening due to my work schedule !! I would recommend her to everyone!!! One that I did not like was Dr Seigel because he rushed through everything and did not let me explain any of my problems.... He justy kept saying oh it's fine don't worry bout it and then when I would ask him something he cut me off before I could even finish my sentence. I am very nervous with this pregnany becaue I have already had a miscsriagge and I have lots of concerns. But so far everything in normal and going great!! Thank goodness!!! But I love midwife dr. Beth Ross. Very very professional and informative an actually seems to care about your wellbeing as well as your baby!!!
Dr Siegel saved my life when I delivered my second child. He is a brilliant doctor. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with him, he has always been patient and understanding with me.
dead

Sophia, WV

#80 Mar 9, 2010
wv native wrote:
Dr. Nieto in Princeton is well worth the drive. He is a little eccentric but if you are open mindedou should have not problems. I went to him with a high risk pregnancy and he was always very thorough and paid very close attention to everything. He even cought a potential problem before it was anything serious. I loved him
I am reading through these posts so I don't know if someone eventually tells you this but Dr. Neito died.
Debating

Beckley, WV

#81 May 13, 2010
I used the Associates with my 1st in 2003 and didn't have any problems, Debbie Forst delivered and was great. I am now about 8 weeks into my 2nd pregancy and have had nothing but encounters with rude staff. They could benefit from some customer service training. I work in a hospital and we could never get away with treating our patients the way their staff does. They herd you through like cattle also. I know they're busy but there's no excuse for the attitudes. My doc was inappropriately dressed as well, boobs practically hanging out. I just think Access Health has probably ruined the staff and focused on money. The way management treats staff unfortunately runs downhill to the patient. It's a shame to have to possibly drive so far away. I'm giving them one more chance at my next appointment then I'm headed to either Princeton or Lewisburg. Anyone heard how the Greenbrier Clinic docs are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael bryant and the kkk in beckley (Jan '12) 40 min I mean seriously 14
how much longer? 50 min I mean seriously 2
Logan's has gone downhill! 2 hr Nancy 21
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 6 hr Jon_B 7,067
Has anyone ever seen the Bear Beast of Raleigh ... (May '14) 6 hr Tony 58
Female mine inspector 6 hr Tony 7
Date a girl with these measurements (Aug '12) 7 hr Fastaslightning 25

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance