Who will do the best job for Board of...

Who will do the best job for Board of Education

Created by KKz on Apr 5, 2008

774 votes

Click on an option to vote

Richard Jarrell

Steve Finch

Richard Snuffer

Gary Poling

Judi Almond

Cindy Jafary

Jack Gordie Roop

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
KKz

Charleston, WV

#1 Apr 5, 2008
still deciding
voter

United States

#2 Apr 10, 2008
Roop has my vote and also my families!! He is the best choice.
voter

Brentwood, TN

#3 Apr 10, 2008
if you know any thing about the roop's you wont vote for him
beckley Wv

Rockwall, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2008
Cindy has my vote and all my families she is the one who is better qualified for the Board of
Education and Raleigh County voters will confirm on Election day !!! We LOVE CINDY JAFARY !!!
WWHS2008StateCha mps

Lubbock, TX

#5 Apr 11, 2008
I'll be voting for Dr. Gary Poling. The man is a true family man. I've been around him all of my life, and I've yet to hear the man say a cuss word. I truly feel he's the man for the job.
concerned parent

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 11, 2008
beckley Wv wrote:
Cindy has my vote and all my families she is the one who is better qualified for the Board of
Education and Raleigh County voters will confirm on Election day !!! We LOVE CINDY JAFARY !!!
Jafary has two children in public school that I know of and she has been doing a good job on the board so far. She has my vote.
voter

Clear Spring, MD

#7 Apr 11, 2008
I do know the Roops and they are GREAT people!! He has my vote. Nothing you say can or will change that!!
democrat

Clear Spring, MD

#8 Apr 11, 2008
Roop is the best candidate. He comes from a very good family. I also know the Roops and they ARE good people.Are people going to start trying to slander him now?

Since: Feb 08

Whitesboro, TX

#9 Apr 11, 2008
My vote is still up in the air. I could honestly support any of the bottom 4 mentioned.

I know this is probably going to sound stupid, but are we voting to fill only 1 seat?
raleigh county voter

Rockwall, TX

#10 Apr 12, 2008
Im so glad we have a choice and my single shot vote is going to Cindy Jafary the BOE has confidence in her and felt she was and still is the best person for the job. Her husband Dr. Jafery cares about his patients and Cindy cares about the children and school system of Raleigh county and believes in the school system thats why her children go to public schools here in Raleigh County.. LETS KEEP CINDY JAFARY ON BOARD !!!!
concerned parent

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 12, 2008
Ques wrote:
My vote is still up in the air. I could honestly support any of the bottom 4 mentioned.
I know this is probably going to sound stupid, but are we voting to fill only 1 seat?
there are three seats for this election with the seats based on the district with no more than two coming from any one district on the board. It is possible for Jafary and Roop to both win a seat. I'm still for Jafary.
voter

Clear Spring, MD

#12 Apr 12, 2008
They are both the best choices for the seats!!
help me

Rockwall, TX

#13 Apr 13, 2008
How is this race determined so many districts 123 only one per district ???? need to know if u want my vote how many will be elected how many seats up for the board of ed. race ???
voter

Lubbock, TX

#14 Apr 13, 2008
Jaffary has done an excellent job and I will vote for her. I will also support Mr Roop. I think they both would do a great job!
Judi Almond

Charleston, WV

#15 Apr 13, 2008
help me wrote:
How is this race determined so many districts 123 only one per district ???? need to know if u want my vote how many will be elected how many seats up for the board of ed. race ???
I am Judi Almond, one of the candidates and currently on the board. We are to elect 3 people this year because of the resignation of Kim Cooper who was elected 2 years ago. There are 3 districts and no district can have more than 2 members from the district. This is so that all areas of the county are represent. You can select up to 2 in district 1 (my district,) 1 from district 2 and 1 from 3 as there is 1 person now serving from each district. The rules (law) was set up by the legislature and works the same for the county commission.
I volunteered at Crab Orchard Elementary for 6 years and went on the board 4 years ago. I grew up in Rhodell, attended the old Stoco Jr. High, but moved to MacArthur and finished at WWHS. With the help of the voters, I hope to see the Sophia-Soak-Creek Grade School and the Crab Orchard School renovated or new schools built in those areas to bring them up to modern standards. Both schools need lots of work. I do not like consolidation of schools as I feel it hurts communities and believe that parents should be involved in the decisions about their children, from textbooks to sports. Thank you
Voter from Crab Orchard

Charleston, WV

#16 Apr 13, 2008
Judi Almond has done an excellent job on the BOE, and I will be voting for her re-election. The students of Raleigh are her 1st priority, and I'm convinced she will continue to work hard for them.
Child Advocate

Huntington, WV

#17 Apr 14, 2008
Voter from Crab Orchard wrote:
Judi Almond has done an excellent job on the BOE, and I will be voting for her re-election. The students of Raleigh are her 1st priority, and I'm convinced she will continue to work hard for them.
My vote goes to Judi Almond; she has a prooven record of working and caring for the needs of all students in Raleigh County. She is a Blue Collar working people's candidate. She is not a representative for big business and the wealty. Her record of serving Raleigh County students is second to none.
Carol Bailey

Natural Bridge, VA

#18 Apr 14, 2008
I think Judi Almond deserves a chance to complete the work that she has started for the students of Raleigh County.Even though Judi does not have children, she is definetly interested in the welfare of the children in Raleigh County.
Carol Bailey

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 Apr 14, 2008
I think Judi Almond deserves a chance to complete the work that she has started for the students of Raleigh County.Even though Judi does not have children, she is definetly interested in the welfare of the children in Raleigh County.
Voter Beckley WV

United States

#20 Apr 14, 2008
I think Judi will do a great job. She has done a great job on the Board OF Education and I know that she will continue doing her best. She loves children and the students are her top priority.
She is an honest and very caring person. She has my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 39 min So_da_lish_us 7,798
Cvs. Beckley Eisenhower dr 7 hr Summer 6
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. 10 hr As IF 25
does anyone know -is dr. yee a good doctor? (Sep '12) Wed Curious 33
Fish Wed Mr Wendell 7
Fat women in leggings (Apr '15) Tue Ubotherme 22
Applebee’s coming back to Beckley new owners Tue oak hill 3

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages