MSU What will Jerry T Ice and Charles...

MSU What will Jerry T Ice and Charles Polk do?

Created by MSU JerryT Ice Poll on Jan 7, 2012

79 votes

Click on an option to vote

bankrupt the school

merge with the Graduate School USA

give Polk another raise for all his hard work LOL

ruin the MSU brand further

pack the board with fakes who support Polk

Go down with the MSU ship

hide many things from the public and HLC

defend the current MSU administrators

turn MSU into a trade school that does not haveHLC

Ice will do all of the things in this poll

Rachel Bragg MSU MA

United States

#26 Jan 21, 2012
Her current title...

Senior Administrative Vice President (in otherwords his secretary!)

Rachel Bragg, listed and adjunct graduate faculty!!!!!!!!!! Sandal in the highest order.

Dr. Brian Holloway, then dean of the graduate school "personally tutored her individually" and assure that his degree was granted!

M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies from Mountain State University CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

More Sh__ here!

Fire her __s now!!!!!!!!!
Bragg and Lanier

United States

#27 Jan 21, 2012
O I forgot Ruth Lanier Rachel Braggs sister. She needs to go also!!!!!!!!!!

Can everyone believe these connections.

Spies are everywhere at MSU.
HzH

Oceana, WV

#28 Jan 21, 2012
More MSU House Cleaning wrote:
ICE is a crook. He worked for Penn Foster until they were hit with corruption charges for recruiting students under false pretenses and false promises of degrees and financial aid. He runs a school that is not accredited like a university. He has a school in SouthEast DC which is the poorest section of Washington, DC. He is trying to rip off the poor in DC just like he and Polk have done to Beckley. ICE is just an extension of Polk. Don't buy into this reformation until ICE is gone, too. Close down the bogus campuses in Florida, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina that basically market online classes. Dean Linda Black was fired for trying to clean up the online programs. The tests and books did not match and many students FAIL the online courses. YOU FOLKS ARE NOT IN THE CLEAR, YET!!
You have no idea why Dr. Black was fired. She was almost as crazy as you, O'Toole... almost.
Dummies

Beckley, WV

#29 Jan 22, 2012
People talk
horrible people

Beckley, WV

#30 Jan 24, 2012
Much likely to come out on Ice. Beward of this man and his friends at MSU and other places.

I am so depressed about this unethical behavior that is hurting our community and people like

Rosland Artis
Ruth Wylie
William White
Anthony Polk
Cynthia Alexander
Kelli Mays
Jim Owston who is promoting those jokes called distance learning courses from MSU. He has not morals and should be fired with the rest.
Shelia Garland and others living the high life.

Crazy immoral behavior.
you are correct

United States

#31 Jan 28, 2012
I agree totally
horrible people wrote:
Much likely to come out on Ice. Beward of this man and his friends at MSU and other places.
I am so depressed about this unethical behavior that is hurting our community and people like
Rosland Artis
Ruth Wylie
William White
Anthony Polk
Cynthia Alexander
Kelli Mays
Jim Owston who is promoting those jokes called distance learning courses from MSU. He has not morals and should be fired with the rest.
Shelia Garland and others living the high life.
Crazy immoral behavior.
ICE and Penn Foster

Clinton, MD

#32 Jan 28, 2012
What are some of the degrees offered by Penn Foster? Dog groomer, Vet Assistant, Dog Obedience Trainer, High School Diploma (not listed as GED), Small Engine Repair!! Want to know what people think of them? Google these phrases:
Infomercial Scams
Penn Foster Scams
Corporate Scandals Exposed

A website called ONLINE Degree Reviews gives Penn Foster classes a 5.4 out of 10 rating. The reviews cite "Harrassment by recruiters" Harrassment by Financial Aid people, Outdated Materials, and Outdated Curriculum to name a few.

Other websites to look at:
Penn Foster & Pissed Consumer
Penn Foster Career School = SCAM Giant
Penn Foster Complaints and Reviews

Looks like ICE is perfect to replace Polk. Same low standards, same thief taking money out of the school for himself and his staff.

On a accrediting level, Penn Foster is only accredited for distance learning and are not regionally accredited. This means their courses should not be transferable to MSU or any other 4-year college. To get a Penn Foster course accepted, the student has to have the course and their work reviewed by ACE, the American Council on Education. They are considered a career prep/trade school.

Sad to say, but MSU needs to close. The Boards need to be sued. And, the school should reopen as a four year college named Beckley College of West Virginia. Start over with no distance learning, no off-site campuses and malls, and try to offer the community the best four year education possible. It will take about ten years and real investment into the school at the resource and faculty level, but one day it could make you all PROUD.

No money? Get rid of anyone making more than $80,000 that is senior staff. Get rid of anyone directly related to this mess like V.P. Kelli May, Polk's go-to-person for accreditation. In other words, hold the senior staff responsible for failing to get accrediting.
PhD Dog Grooming

Beckley, WV

#33 Jan 29, 2012
Will MSU start offering doctors of dog grooming similar to Penn Foster? Does anyone know. I heard the degree will cost 20K a year.
just sayin

Oak Hill, WV

#34 Jan 29, 2012
PhD Dog Grooming wrote:
Will MSU start offering doctors of dog grooming similar to Penn Foster? Does anyone know. I heard the degree will cost 20K a year.
How can faculty and staff hold anyone accountable with one year contracts. There is no collective bargaining power because everyone is afraid of losing their jobs and there are too many people related to the upper administration in some way to galvanize all parties together to make a significant change. The faculty chair is not invested in making significant change because he is too overly concerned with himself. So how do we go about making the changes on the board or upper administration when most, if not all, have been a part of the system and have contributed to allowing polk and others rip off the community?
It is easier said than done. One person protesting will be replaced and the same thing with three or four. It would take almost all faculty to protest and walk to make a change. That wont happen because they are given misinformation or no information at all about what is going on. Right now, the administration is simply trying to get accreditation and is making decisions without and shared governance. Jerry T.Ice appointing himself as president is an example of that. The board of trustees running the school without any input from anyone is another example.
I understand

Beckley, WV

#35 Jan 29, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How can faculty and staff hold anyone accountable with one year contracts. There is no collective bargaining power because everyone is afraid of losing their jobs and there are too many people related to the upper administration in some way to galvanize all parties together to make a significant change. The faculty chair is not invested in making significant change because he is too overly concerned with himself. So how do we go about making the changes on the board or upper administration when most, if not all, have been a part of the system and have contributed to allowing polk and others rip off the community?
It is easier said than done. One person protesting will be replaced and the same thing with three or four. It would take almost all faculty to protest and walk to make a change. That wont happen because they are given misinformation or no information at all about what is going on. Right now, the administration is simply trying to get accreditation and is making decisions without and shared governance. Jerry T.Ice appointing himself as president is an example of that. The board of trustees running the school without any input from anyone is another example.
It will take the courage of employees to band together. Voice your concerns to the State Board of Education. The Governor of WV if you have to. HLC too. They do not control what you do after work. The squeaky wheel always get the oil. There are only a few Board of Directors and Ice and the rest who are on board for their own self interests. There are more of you. Fear only works for so long until people start to hate the repressor. Then the people repressed fight back with that hate.
Do you trust Ice

Beckley, WV

#36 Jan 31, 2012
If ICE does not fire one of the following five execs, Kelly Mays, Polk's son, father in law, or Silosky family within the next 15 days, then ICE is a fake and copycat of Polk.
How about the rest

Beckley, WV

#37 Feb 1, 2012
I would add Artis, White, Sharp, Wylie, Alexander, Garland, Owston to the list.

All need to go.
Do you trust Ice wrote:
If ICE does not fire one of the following five execs, Kelly Mays, Polk's son, father in law, or Silosky family within the next 15 days, then ICE is a fake and copycat of Polk.
CNN Investigation

United States

#38 Feb 2, 2012
It amazes me that these people are still employeed!!!!!!!!!!

Should be the focus of a CNN investigation.
How about the rest wrote:
I would add Artis, White, Sharp, Wylie, Alexander, Garland, Owston to the list.
All need to go.
<quoted text>
witch hunt

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Feb 2, 2012
CNN Investigation wrote:
It amazes me that these people are still employeed!!!!!!!!!!
Should be the focus of a CNN investigation.
<quoted text>
Your witch hunt will now end because nobody else is going to be fired. Polk was fired simply to give the HLC something to believe that we are coming into compliance. There is a search for a new president and the HLC gave a thumbs up to the PA campus and will do the same thing to the BECKLEY CAMPUS. If we pass the HLC visit there will be no need to fire anyone else.
nursing student

United States

#40 Feb 4, 2012
witch hunt wrote:
<quoted text>Your witch hunt will now end because nobody else is going to be fired. Polk was fired simply to give the HLC something to believe that we are coming into compliance. There is a search for a new president and the HLC gave a thumbs up to the PA campus and will do the same thing to the BECKLEY CAMPUS. If we pass the HLC visit there will be no need to fire anyone else.
Oh, I think that there are a few more that should go. I'm not really worried about the HLC right now, I have a more immediate worry about whether or not the Board of Nursing will let me take the certification exam when I graduate this summer. So why don't you put your witch hunt crap on hold for a while, because, honey, after what I've had to live through with this college and the administration's NEGLIGENCE AND INCOMPETENCE, nothing will make it right.
No Witch Hunt

Clinton, MD

#41 Feb 4, 2012
Only at MSU could people try to portray Board, Senior Administration and MSU Foundation Board un-accountable and still call it a witch hunt. POLK could not have ripped off the community without the help of people like Max Beard and Jerry Ice. Close the school, get rid of the Polk Faux Leadership programs, Board members and start over. Otherwise, the scam continues. What is Bill White doing in N.C.? Moving money around? This school needs to be AUDITED by an outside firm. Crooks are still running this school. The Scandal continues. Nursing students have been scammed and misled by the senior administrators. No confidence in this school as long as Polk and Silosky relatives still employed there. And senior administration people, V.P.s, Deans, and Directors should be dismissed immediately. Think of all the unemployed that were brownboxed just so these folks could keep getting their ridiculously overpaid salaries. No trust, No confidence, no Ethics, and No morality.
Not His Job

Beckley, WV

#42 Feb 4, 2012
It's not Dr. Ice's job to fire the VP's, that will be the interim president. No one will be fired one week before the HLC visit but it's my guess that the sh** will hit the fan soon after. Mays and Silosky I predict will be the first to go. Next will be Alexander and Bragg. Whether Artis will be fired is anyone's guess. Big changes are coming!!! Just sit back and watch :)
Rosland Artis William Whi

Beckley, WV

#43 Feb 4, 2012
Very bad people.

I would put Artis White and Wylie at the front of the firing line.
Not His Job wrote:
It's not Dr. Ice's job to fire the VP's, that will be the interim president. No one will be fired one week before the HLC visit but it's my guess that the sh** will hit the fan soon after. Mays and Silosky I predict will be the first to go. Next will be Alexander and Bragg. Whether Artis will be fired is anyone's guess. Big changes are coming!!! Just sit back and watch :)
Desperate to be President

Beckley, WV

#44 Feb 6, 2012
I wonder how president Ice is getting along? Also I wonder how Artis, White, and the others are fairing as they salivate desperately to be the next MSU president or obtain a job at another school?

Can you imagine how a college would be run under the vindictive unprofessional emotionally driven leadership of Rosland Artis or William White!

Pathetic behavior. They think they can block Beckley Topics at the school yet forget we do take lunch breaks and have cell phones! LOL
ARTIS FOR PREZ

Oak Hill, WV

#45 Feb 7, 2012
Desperate to be President wrote:
I wonder how president Ice is getting along? Also I wonder how Artis, White, and the others are fairing as they salivate desperately to be the next MSU president or obtain a job at another school?
Can you imagine how a college would be run under the vindictive unprofessional emotionally driven leadership of Rosland Artis or William White!
Pathetic behavior. They think they can block Beckley Topics at the school yet forget we do take lunch breaks and have cell phones! LOL
Artis is the most likely candidate for the job. MSU will survive the show cause visit. The order will be raised from show cause to a higher designation like probation or good standing and Artis will be a BIG factor in helping MSU survive the accreditation. WHo else should be the president than someone who is helping to guide and right the ship. The problems associated with MSU existed long before Artis was an executive. Polk had an over-inflated ego about what he had built and felt entitled to run MSU as a personal hedge fund to milk for his personal benefit.
The planes, trips to Texas, the million dollar salary were all POLK's doing. His egomaniacal, dictatorial rule over the school put it into the position it is in. Artis has had the rigorous job of trying to clean up his messes when she took over. MSU is healing itself and getting better everyday. Artis is a part of that. I will support her unequivocally if the Board of Trustees gives her the nod to be the next President.
Who else would you want to run the school? An outsider who has no ties to the people in Beckley? Isn't this the same thing that landed us in the boat that we are in. Polk did not care about beckley or west virginia that is why he had multiple homes in different states. Artis is a life long resident and has an interest in seeing the growth of the University and the academic culture of MSU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 3 hr Anonymous 37
Parking in Beckley/The Bad Parts of Town 7 hr Honestly 17
Airport Video (Nov '10) 10 hr Duh 141
Old Burger Boy 10 hr Warrior1256 2
Megan Howard 11 hr Not really 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr brittany pierce b... 4,244
Health help 13 hr Karen 1

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance