Best and worst food at Sheetz?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 28, 2012
Hi, I go to Sheetz all the time but I get the same thing every time,(meatball sub or grande breakfast burrito) I was wondering what all on the menu is very good and if there are some items not so good. Any opinions? And favorites? Thanks.
Retard_Sandwich

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 28, 2012
The chili cheese fries are awesome, but dont get the extra chili&cheese, it seems to me whenever i get it that i get just as much without optioning that, than when i do.

Hotdogs are also awesome, the pepporoni rolls are awesome.

make a sheetz "double-down", spicy chicken sandwich, pepper jack cheese, ranch, hot sauce, and double the meat and add bacon. Its off the chain, son.

“A.K.A dirt loving hippy”

Level 4

Since: May 08

Beckley WV

#3 Jan 28, 2012
I don't like their burrito. The one I got was awful. Their wings are wonderful. They had a pumpkin made to go parfait earlier in the year. That was BANGIN! I also really like the green tea latte with soy milk.mmmm

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 28, 2012
Why would anyone eat at a gas station?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

#5 Jan 28, 2012
Meatball sub is all I ever get also. It's the best.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 28, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
Kroger has gas pumps out front. Do you also wonder why people buy their groceries at a gas station?
Travlin Man

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 28, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
LOL, sweetheart, you must not travel much or have a very dull life. A lot of us are in a hurry and on our lunch break, or have five or six errands to run for a car load of youngins. It is great that we can fill our tank up, check our oil, run in an get a quick sandwich, and pick up some snacks all at the same place. Some of us do not have the luxury of time to go to six different places. When lots of us travel, it is great to be able to run in and get a quick coffee or milk shake while we fill our gas tank. It sure saves alot of time, Sheetz stays packed so a lot must agree with me. It is a small fast food restaurant no different than any other. Lots of similar food chains such as Subway, Taco Bell, and many others are following this trend and are now located in gas stations, even Dairy Queen has in other states. Get with is doll, everything is moving fast now. You must not travel much.
crnmh

Mount Hope, WV

#8 Jan 28, 2012
That shit is way too expensive. I'm too much of a tight wad to pay $14 for a burger and fries lol.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

#9 Jan 28, 2012
crnmh wrote:
That shit is way too expensive. I'm too much of a tight wad to pay $14 for a burger and fries lol.
???
You must be thinking of Five Guys.

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 28, 2012
crnmh wrote:
$14?!?!?!?!, for burger and fries, last i saw it's more like 5-6 maybe 7 depending on if you get a lot of extra stuff on it but a whole meal is about the same at other places and the meatball sub is 12" for 4 dollars. Not too bad when your in a hurry.

Beckley, WV

#11 Jan 28, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
Actually I talked to some of the managers and I think I recall them saying that they don't consider themselves a gas station or even fast food chain, even tho they sell both, I'll double check and correct myself if I'm wrong, but (according to several managers) they lose a few cents a gallon on gas. But Walmart and Sams Club and krogers, and I'm sure other grocerie stores have gas pumps and have fast food places inside them.

“A.K.A dirt loving hippy”

Level 4

Since: May 08

Beckley WV

#12 Jan 28, 2012
I eat at gas stations because; The food is good, they have something for me, who like to eat healthy, and my husband who does not,as another poster mentioned I travel alot so it is nice to get gas and food at one stop. I also have a sheetz 2 minutes away from my home, on the way home from work. This is an easy solution for dinner. I don't even have to leave my car. The food is better than the chains and either the same price, or cheaper. They also have monthly specials, so I get free food and the more I buy, the more I get for free! I also say screw little general, so I buy gas at sheetz or kroger. I like go mart guy better than Greg Darby. Just my personal preference. The Sheetz employees make more, and seem to be treated better.
crnmh

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Jan 28, 2012
Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>???
You must be thinking of Five Guys.
I'm thinking of the sheets in beaver.. The gas station. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I went there after it opened and it was outrageous. And a friend of mine talked me into buying a smoothie thing the other day and it was 5 bucks!
crnmh

Mount Hope, WV

#14 Jan 28, 2012
ALWalker87 wrote:
<quoted text>$14?!?!?!?!, for burger and fries, last i saw it's more like 5-6 maybe 7 depending on if you get a lot of extra stuff on it but a whole meal is about the same at other places and the meatball sub is 12" for 4 dollars. Not too bad when your in a hurry.
I'll try the meatball sub next time. I've only ate the food once and bought it for the kids a couple of times.

Beckley, WV

#15 Jan 28, 2012
crnmh wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking of the sheets in beaver.. The gas station. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I went there after it opened and it was outrageous. And a friend of mine talked me into buying a smoothie thing the other day and it was 5 bucks!
well you got to pay extra sometimes for convenience. It's convenient to drive on the interstate but it will cost you toll fees.

“Bored with insomnia”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 28, 2012
I think they are a little expensive too. I hate paying 5 bux for a mocha... but the chocolate covered banana mocha, extra shot expresso, extra flavor and soy milk is the best thing ever!!!

“Ain't you got a jack?”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Deepest Darkest Appalachia

#17 Jan 28, 2012
Their cheese sticks are really good. I quit going there though because their service can be terrible. 15 minutes is way too long to wait for a hot dog with nothing on it, especially when you're the only customer there. Sometimes the hotdogs would be totally mangled. They would leave the food sitting there until it got cold. Going through that kind of thing at almost every visit is just a waste of both time and money.

Beckley, WV

#18 Jan 28, 2012
Super Nifty Name wrote:
Their cheese sticks are really good. I quit going there though because their service can be terrible. 15 minutes is way too long to wait for a hot dog with nothing on it, especially when you're the only customer there. Sometimes the hotdogs would be totally mangled. They would leave the food sitting there until it got cold. Going through that kind of thing at almost every visit is just a waste of both time and money.
Yes sometimes they are slow but I don't blame them without knowing what's going on, the equipment might mess up sometimes and the employees might of worked a double shift and are extremely tired. I'm not saying that us always the case but I worked fast food and I know how frustrating things can be so I learned to have patience when things don't go snappy and yes I have waited over 15 minutes for a breakfast burrito because it does say MTO made to order so I don't expect everything to be ready in just a minute or two. I know it will take a while sometimes like when I go to a amusement park and I get in line for a roller coaster an the sign says 45 minutes from this point I still choose to get in line cause it's a fun ride (usually) so when I see MTO its like seeing 10-15 minutes from this point but I still choose to order cause I love the breakfast burritos!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Jan 29, 2012
Travlin Man wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, sweetheart, you must not travel much or have a very dull life. A lot of us are in a hurry and on our lunch break, or have five or six errands to run for a car load of youngins. It is great that we can fill our tank up, check our oil, run in an get a quick sandwich, and pick up some snacks all at the same place. Some of us do not have the luxury of time to go to six different places. When lots of us travel, it is great to be able to run in and get a quick coffee or milk shake while we fill our gas tank. It sure saves alot of time, Sheetz stays packed so a lot must agree with me. It is a small fast food restaurant no different than any other. Lots of similar food chains such as Subway, Taco Bell, and many others are following this trend and are now located in gas stations, even Dairy Queen has in other states. Get with is doll, everything is moving fast now. You must not travel much.
I travel a lot....just don't eat in gas stations.....:) To each his own.
Fact

Huntington, WV

#20 Jan 29, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
I travel a lot....just don't eat in gas stations.....:) To each his own.
You are on the computer too much to do very much traveling so how would you know where to eat except at a all you can eat buffet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to report someone working at the VA who use... 25 min apple 5
Dr love clinic closing 52 min haha 5
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr I KNOW 5,714
Study Shows Greyhound Racing Subsidies a WASTE 5 hr Dan Hall 1
Review: Herr Stop 8 hr MHO 2
gossip 9 hr Triple X 2
Dentists that take adult Medicaid 12 hr Neighor 8
Beckley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web