First Prev
of 2
Next Last
for my kids

Huntington, IN

#1 Aug 3, 2011
I took my children to this for years! but recently I was there and it was the worst place ever! There were all new people except for one rude lady. completely disorganized! They need severe help. But I love him as a dr but honestly I will be changing drs ASAP
Concerned

Greensboro, NC

#2 Aug 3, 2011
He took care of three of my grandchildren for several years. He seems to do fine taking care of simple things but if a child is having any problems or something out of ordinary is going on for Gods sake seek a second opinion. My grandson began to have problems having bowel movements. He was less than 2 yrs.old. He wasted a lot of time doing nothing really to help him in the beginning.Eventually he ended up in Morgantown at WVU. He eventually had to have intestional surgery with a section of the intestions being removed because they supposedly had blockages. He was sent home and soon after that sent to Womens and Childrens in Charleston having the same surgery again. He was eventually taken to Charlottesville,VA for a second opinion. The sad thing was that the doctor there determined that he was suffering from nothing no more than chronic constipation. He put he on medicine that he had to drink every day that remedied the situation. My grandson suffered through spinal taps and every other test imaginable and actually almost died when he was at WVU when all he needed was to be treated for constipation. He refused to listen initially when my son and daughter-in-law kept asking for another opinion. No child should have to suffer through all of this,especially at less than 2yrs. of age.
What I Was Told

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 3, 2011
When I first moved to the Beckley area from out of state several years ago, I asked around for people's opinions about the local pediatricians for my kids. I did not hear anything positive about this doctor. Normally, I'm not the type to jump on the bandwagon, but I heard from more than one local to avoid this doctor and take my kids elsewhere.
Confused

Ravencliff, WV

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Concerned wrote:
He took care of three of my grandchildren for several years. He seems to do fine taking care of simple things but if a child is having any problems or something out of ordinary is going on for Gods sake seek a second opinion. My grandson began to have problems having bowel movements. He was less than 2 yrs.old. He wasted a lot of time doing nothing really to help him in the beginning.Eventually he ended up in Morgantown at WVU. He eventually had to have intestional surgery with a section of the intestions being removed because they supposedly had blockages. He was sent home and soon after that sent to Womens and Childrens in Charleston having the same surgery again. He was eventually taken to Charlottesville,VA for a second opinion. The sad thing was that the doctor there determined that he was suffering from nothing no more than chronic constipation. He put he on medicine that he had to drink every day that remedied the situation. My grandson suffered through spinal taps and every other test imaginable and actually almost died when he was at WVU when all he needed was to be treated for constipation. He refused to listen initially when my son and daughter-in-law kept asking for another opinion. No child should have to suffer through all of this,especially at less than 2yrs. of age.
Mayb I misread your post..But you said that your son and daughter in law kept asking for another opinion..Morgantown or Charlottesville is another opinion..ANd I fail to see how it is Dr Khiami fault if surgeries or spinal taps at the other facilities are HIS FAULT??? Correct me if Im wrong..JUST SAYING
in defense

Fayetteville, WV

#5 Aug 3, 2011
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayb I misread your post..But you said that your son and daughter in law kept asking for another opinion..Morgantown or Charlottesville is another opinion..ANd I fail to see how it is Dr Khiami fault if surgeries or spinal taps at the other facilities are HIS FAULT??? Correct me if Im wrong..JUST SAYING
I Completely agree with this comment, he is a great dr. i have been taking my daughters there since they were born and would never change! And the girls that are there are exceptional they have been there for years and are like a part of our family!
mommy

Fairfield, VA

#6 Aug 3, 2011
Dr. Khiami is the best peds in town. You could take your children to Beckley Pediatrics but good luck getting to see Dr. Johnson. We used to be with Johnson. Saw him once and haven't seen him since. Nothing against PA's (which he goes through like crazy BTW) but I expect to see a physician more than once in 8 years. He's all about the dollar bill. You won't find anyone more dedicated to his practice than Dr. Khiami - plus he is down to earth and easy to talk to.
En Ema

Beckley, WV

#7 Aug 3, 2011
mommy wrote:
Dr. Khiami is the best peds in town. You could take your children to Beckley Pediatrics but good luck getting to see Dr. Johnson. We used to be with Johnson. Saw him once and haven't seen him since. Nothing against PA's (which he goes through like crazy BTW) but I expect to see a physician more than once in 8 years. He's all about the dollar bill. You won't find anyone more dedicated to his practice than Dr. Khiami - plus he is down to earth and easy to talk to.
Sorry, but Dr. Johnson doesn't hire PAs. Only NURSE PRACTITIONERS. And you are right.. he is too busy counting the money to give you the time of day. He takes after his daddy. Savy?

Dr. Khiami is a wonderful man, and children love him because he is so gentle.
Mally

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Dr khiami is a wonderful dr. his staff is rude gossipy and unprofessional. one of which seriously violated hippa. i was told i could sue and win but decided not to only bc i like dr khiami so much.
i know

United States

#9 Aug 3, 2011
I had training there and the whole office is awful! Very dirty they don't clean dont change anything or.clean the equipment. All they do is stay on fb and gossip for about 1-2 hrs then when the Dr gets there he runs around and rush patients out the Dr. He probably would have a better staff if he paid better or treated them better.
Sabrina

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2011
I switched from khiami!
Screw that place, he cldnt hire decent help.
my kid stayed sick with fevers, wldnt treat him cuz he was to young for certain meds, then wldnt give him any of his shots due to the fever he had two of his 1st year shots.
and when he did get one the nurse broke the needle off in his leg then said it was his fault for not holding still. Uhm hello!? Hes one.
maybe u shldv let me hold him instead of sayin u stay at the top and hold his arms.
Wise one

Ravencliff, WV

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Sabrina wrote:
I switched from khiami!
Screw that place, he cldnt hire decent help.
my kid stayed sick with fevers, wldnt treat him cuz he was to young for certain meds, then wldnt give him any of his shots due to the fever he had two of his 1st year shots.
and when he did get one the nurse broke the needle off in his leg then said it was his fault for not holding still. Uhm hello!? Hes one.
maybe u shldv let me hold him instead of sayin u stay at the top and hold his arms.
I probably should just let this response go...But I couldnt..Hes not a good doctor because" He wouldnt give your "KID" medication that he was too young for...WHAT?????.... And he wouldnt give him immunizations because of the fever he had with the first set....And he didnt hold your child down with a "DEATH GRIP" while he was getting the injection////I GUESS!!! I would think with your "logic" hes better off without your child being a patient...DANG..feel sorry for the dr after that one!
i know

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2011
Wise one wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably should just let this response go...But I couldnt..Hes not a good doctor because" He wouldnt give your "KID" medication that he was too young for...WHAT?????.... And he wouldnt give him immunizations because of the fever he had with the first set....And he didnt hold your child down with a "DEATH GRIP" while he was getting the injection////I GUESS!!! I would think with your "logic" hes better off without your child being a patient...DANG..feel sorry for the dr after that one!
She said the nurse broke it off in his leg. Which I believe. Because them nurses they have are awful. You have to hold ur child legs which she said the nurse wouldn't let her. And she should have had her to do. Its very hard to give kids shots but if u.let the parent help then its not hard. Its a good thing she switch drs
kdjxn

United States

#13 Aug 4, 2011
hes been my doctor my whole life, I love going there, besides the wait
Sabrina

United States

#14 Aug 4, 2011
Wise one wrote:
<quoted text>

my baby stayed sick for months.with fevers and he wouldnt do anything about it, and he wldnt give him shots because of the fever so if he wlda got mumps or sumfhin hed have a law suits u cant just not treat a kid because hes to young.
wise one

New York, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2011
Sabrina wrote:
<quoted text>my baby stayed sick for months.with fevers and he wouldnt do anything about it, and he wldnt give him shots because of the fever so if he wlda got mumps or sumfhin hed have a law suits u cant just not treat a kid because hes to young.
Not even going to respond to this... Lawsuits!! Bahahahaha
Okay

Beckley, WV

#16 Aug 4, 2011
He took care of me when i was young and had meningitis and almost died, but He does have a very long wait I guess cause he makes his rounds at the hospital before coming into his office. I take my son to Dr. Johnson's office, but I've never seen Dr. Johnson. We've always seen Dr. Fernald, and I love him. He's always been so good. No complaints with him.
Guess What

Beckley, WV

#17 Aug 4, 2011
Okay wrote:
He took care of me when i was young and had meningitis and almost died, but He does have a very long wait I guess cause he makes his rounds at the hospital before coming into his office. I take my son to Dr. Johnson's office, but I've never seen Dr. Johnson. We've always seen Dr. Fernald, and I love him. He's always been so good. No complaints with him.
Fernald is no longer there.
He didn't bow down to the almighty Johnson family demands.
AuntieAnn

Beckley, WV

#18 Aug 4, 2011
Dr. Fernald at Beckley Pediatrics is awesome!
AuntieAnn

Beckley, WV

#19 Aug 4, 2011
Guess What wrote:
<quoted text>
Fernald is no longer there.
He didn't bow down to the almighty Johnson family demands.
Yes he is still there.
Sabrina

United States

#20 Aug 4, 2011
wise one wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even going to respond to this... Lawsuits!! Bahahahaha
dude im on my phone it was a typin mistake.
u seriously have that bad of a life you have to correct my english? Or spaces in words?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woodrow football 4 min Alien 4
natalie and jack 28 min Dog in heat 73
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 37 min The Last Warrior ... 1,519
When Governement Forces Itself On You 2 hr Trump Card 2
WVNS Fox 59 News sucks (Jul '12) 7 hr Drew 23
Bojangles Raleigh Mall area opening soon. 10 hr Whatyougot 3
donnie abner jr.and his father danny abner 11 hr TakesOne ToKnowOne 8
shannon frazier dead 14 hr rambo 26

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web