Obama on the Debt Ceiling

Obama on the Debt Ceiling

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fed Up

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2013
ďThe fact that we are here today to debate raising Americaís debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,Ē he said.ďIt is a sign that the U.S. Government canít pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Governmentís reckless fiscal policies.Ö Leadership means that Ďthe buck stops here.í Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase Americaís debt limit.Ē

The above quote was given by Senator Obama on Mar. 16, 2006 after he voted not to raise the Debt Ceiling. Finally I found something that Obama said that makes sense.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
ďThe fact that we are here today to debate raising Americaís debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,Ē he said.ďIt is a sign that the U.S. Government canít pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Governmentís reckless fiscal policies.Ö Leadership means that Ďthe buck stops here.í Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase Americaís debt limit.Ē
The above quote was given by Senator Obama on Mar. 16, 2006 after he voted not to raise the Debt Ceiling. Finally I found something that Obama said that makes sense.
I noticed today that the Emperor Barack Opompus targeted social security reciepents as the first group to not get paid if we dont raise the debt ceiling. Guess that is payback for seniors not voting for Opompus. It was also interesting that at the time he is trying to infringe on our second amendment rights, he says the Republicans are holding a gun to the American People's head. This man absolutely has no core values or principles. With him, the end always justifies the means.

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 14, 2013
he is a Wolf..... in sheep's clothing.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 14, 2013
JamieWV wrote:
he is a Wolf..... in sheep's clothing.
he is a marxist in moderate clothing.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Patty Murray and Dick Durbin all voted against the debt ceiling hike in 2006 also. Now they are encouraging Obama to bypass congress and raise the debt ceiling on his own.
Fed Up

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Jan 14, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed today that the Emperor Barack Opompus targeted social security reciepents as the first group to not get paid if we dont raise the debt ceiling. Guess that is payback for seniors not voting for Opompus. It was also interesting that at the time he is trying to infringe on our second amendment rights, he says the Republicans are holding a gun to the American People's head. This man absolutely has no core values or principles. With him, the end always justifies the means.
Didnít you get the memo ?

The Liberals have decided anytime the budget is questioned social security will stop. Anytime someone mentions welfare & Medicaid fraud they want to stop social security . Unfortunately the current administration has no problem striking fear in to the hearts of our senior citizens. My father gets social security and is constantly worrying that heís not going to get his check one month. So much for a life of leisure & relaxation after you retire instead your subjected to intimidation by your own government. This type of behavior also hurts the economy by making retired people afraid to spend any money. Iím truly amazed every time I turn on the news at the nerve of the current administration.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnít you get the memo ?
The Liberals have decided anytime the budget is questioned social security will stop. Anytime someone mentions welfare & Medicaid fraud they want to stop social security . Unfortunately the current administration has no problem striking fear in to the hearts of our senior citizens. My father gets social security and is constantly worrying that heís not going to get his check one month. So much for a life of leisure & relaxation after you retire instead your subjected to intimidation by your own government. This type of behavior also hurts the economy by making retired people afraid to spend any money. Iím truly amazed every time I turn on the news at the nerve of the current administration.
They have no shame

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 14, 2013
What is almost laughable, if it weren't so pathetic, this bunch accuses the right constantly of fear mongering, but they ALWAYS use it..

Problem is, the brainwashed cannot see it..Too busily engaged in hero worship I imagine:)
picker2

Beckley, WV

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnít you get the memo ?
The Liberals have decided anytime the budget is questioned social security will stop. Anytime someone mentions welfare & Medicaid fraud they want to stop social security . Unfortunately the current administration has no problem striking fear in to the hearts of our senior citizens. My father gets social security and is constantly worrying that heís not going to get his check one month. So much for a life of leisure & relaxation after you retire instead your subjected to intimidation by your own government. This type of behavior also hurts the economy by making retired people afraid to spend any money. Iím truly amazed every time I turn on the news at the nerve of the current administration.
Not to worry, LL says that Social Security has all kinds of money. I think it is like the vault that Scrooge McDuck had where they had the big guage to see how many feet of money was in it. So my question is, if Social Security is solvent through 2033 why would Obama hold that over the heads of our seniors who have enough to worry about?
Fed Up

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Jan 14, 2013
picker2 wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry, LL says that Social Security has all kinds of money. I think it is like the vault that Scrooge McDuck had where they had the big guage to see how many feet of money was in it. So my question is, if Social Security is solvent through 2033 why would Obama hold that over the heads of our seniors who have enough to worry about?
I read those post the other night and didnít really understand, maybe someone can enlighten me. Apparently Uncle Sam has some money we donít know about and just chooses to rape the SS fund. I got my first check of 2013 today and it was ninety dollars less than normal. Iím just glad LL informed us it was just the end of a tax holiday and not a new tax on the middle class. My coworker showed me a video of a woman who voted for Obama in tears upon seeing her first check of 2013. I wonder if anyone explained to her it was just the end of a tax holiday.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I read those post the other night and didnít really understand, maybe someone can enlighten me. Apparently Uncle Sam has some money we donít know about and just chooses to rape the SS fund. I got my first check of 2013 today and it was ninety dollars less than normal. Iím just glad LL informed us it was just the end of a tax holiday and not a new tax on the middle class. My coworker showed me a video of a woman who voted for Obama in tears upon seeing her first check of 2013. I wonder if anyone explained to her it was just the end of a tax holiday.
I would have loved to have been able to laugh in that dumbasses face. Obama voters deserve everything they get. Unfortunately, we have to pay for their sins also. Oh, I forgot, liberals always expect others to pay for their sins.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2013
I'm not so worried that I might not get my SS check.

But if we default on our debt and the economy takes a hit then my retirement account could lose a lot of its value. As a very independent person that is what scares me.

They're playing with fire in Washington and everybody seems to see it as just political gamesmanship.
picker2

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
I'm not so worried that I might not get my SS check.
But if we default on our debt and the economy takes a hit then my retirement account could lose a lot of its value. As a very independent person that is what scares me.
They're playing with fire in Washington and everybody seems to see it as just political gamesmanship.
It is not gamesmanship. It is simple scare tactics that Obama is using to get his way. It is a form of abuse and anyone who abuses aged, children, animals, anyone or anything that is helpless is a lowlife. His tactics are a form of mental abuse on the ones who are helpless to defend themselves. He has put this in the heads of millions of people drawing Social Security and they worry constantly that they won't get their money and be able to pay their bills.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#14 Jan 15, 2013
The whole thing is a charade. As Mish shedlock predicts:

1Obama will chastise Congress with talk of financial Armageddon if Congress does not raise the debt ceiling.
2Congress will pretend to hold the president hostage
3The secretary of the Treasury will get into the act with its own version of the default debate
4Perhaps a few payments on non-critical budget items will be temporarily skipped
4Wall Street will feign panic
5Constituents will pressure Congress to approve a new debt ceiling
6Congress will raise the ceiling with another useless warning about next

Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/#r...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15 Jan 15, 2013
It's not wrong to use whatever tool is available to try to prevent the economic calamity that those imbecilic rightwingers in the House seem determined to dump on our heads. I don't have any doubt about who is more to blame in this situation.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
It's not wrong to use whatever tool is available to try to prevent the economic calamity that those imbecilic rightwingers in the House seem determined to dump on our heads. I don't have any doubt about who is more to blame in this situation.
You are terrified you wont get your check. You need to wake up to the fact that they have spent the money. Your check depends on the printing presses and China's willingness to lend more money.
How sad that people like you are willing to mortgage your children and grandchildren just so you can get a check

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Jan 15, 2013
I don't know why Obama is being blamed, by Beckley posters (only), for the end of the SS tax holiday since it was congress that passed it. Of course to a certain class of people anything bad that happens in the country is Obama's fault. If your grandma falls down and breaks her hip it's somehow Obama's fault. How ridiculous.
Yeah

Moneta, VA

#18 Jan 15, 2013
Jjjhhh
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#19 Jan 15, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
I don't know why Obama is being blamed, by Beckley posters (only), for the end of the SS tax holiday since it was congress that passed it. Of course to a certain class of people anything bad that happens in the country is Obama's fault. If your grandma falls down and breaks her hip it's somehow Obama's fault. How ridiculous.
Because the people are so stupid they think its an actual tax hike. They dont even realize its the FOAB contribution that has been turned into a tax that basically just provides more spending money.
The dumbed down Americans...they deserve what they elect

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 15, 2013
I think it's ironic that the same people who are now complaining about the end of the SS tax holiday are probably the same ones who screamed about it when it was instituted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Why 4,491
Cheating men 13 hr Amen 11
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 18 hr Jamie 1,083
Are there any new businesses that just opened u... Wed Nope 5
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. Wed Closed Borders 4 ... 33
Dr. M Rahim MD (Jan '12) May 22 Msdarlin 24
Beckley WV GAS PRICES May 22 gas buddy 14

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages