Middle School Teachers Charges droppe...

Middle School Teachers Charges dropped.. M. Dickens

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Mother

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2012
I am disgusted about the charges being dropped against Michael. We all know he was guilty, even his own family said as much! What the hell kind of justice is that? It's called "my mommy and daddy and Dr. Brother bought ppl off" justice. Sad.
truth

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 15, 2012
How do you know he's guilty? You and people like you have no proof of anything, yet you lead a witch-hunt. I know these people. I live near them. I have never heard any family members say he was guilty. This has ruined this man's life, charges or not, and mostly because of a money-grubbing mommy who is a pro at filing lawsuits, and people like you. You know nothing first-hand, but you say "we all know he's guilty". I know nothing of the sort. I wasn't there, I wasn't him, or the girl involved. You likely weren't there, either. This is not an affluent family. Why do you assume anyone was "bought off"? The WV state police don't usually drop charges unless there's a good reason. I hope no one in your own family is ever arrested for a crime and convicted by what the public "thinks" it knows!
concerned parent

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 10, 2013
truth wrote:
How do you know he's guilty? You and people like you have no proof of anything, yet you lead a witch-hunt. I know these people. I live near them. I have never heard any family members say he was guilty. This has ruined this man's life, charges or not, and mostly because of a money-grubbing mommy who is a pro at filing lawsuits, and people like you. You know nothing first-hand, but you say "we all know he's guilty". I know nothing of the sort. I wasn't there, I wasn't him, or the girl involved. You likely weren't there, either. This is not an affluent family. Why do you assume anyone was "bought off"? The WV state police don't usually drop charges unless there's a good reason. I hope no one in your own family is ever arrested for a crime and convicted by what the public "thinks" it knows!
Mr. Dickens was in Sept 2012 indictments,so charges were reinstated and hoefully will get jail time for that is what he deserves.Its a shame our children arent SAFE in public schools...Sick sick MAN !!!!!
Facts

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Actually, the charges are NOT the same. There was NEVER any solicitation online. If there had been, the proof would have been on the hard drive.The new charges are pretty minor.They were in the paper and on several online media outlets.

School is still a pretty safe place, so don't act all self-righteous. These incidents are still pretty isolated. What about the millions of kids who attend a regular school day Monday-Friday, with no such incidents?

It's like airplane travel. No one thinks about the hundreds of thousands of people who travel safely each day. We only hear about the horrendous crashes.

If you are actually a parent, and are so concerned about our schools, either do something to help, or keep your kids at home. Either way, stop you gossip-mongering and griping.
Such a shame

Beckley, WV

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Facts wrote:
Actually, the charges are NOT the same. There was NEVER any solicitation online. If there had been, the proof would have been on the hard drive.The new charges are pretty minor.They were in the paper and on several online media outlets.
School is still a pretty safe place, so don't act all self-righteous. These incidents are still pretty isolated. What about the millions of kids who attend a regular school day Monday-Friday, with no such incidents?
It's like airplane travel. No one thinks about the hundreds of thousands of people who travel safely each day. We only hear about the horrendous crashes.
If you are actually a parent, and are so concerned about our schools, either do something to help, or keep your kids at home. Either way, stop you gossip-mongering and griping.
wow u must be a friend of his if you are supporting a 38 year old hitting and being sexual with his minor students. Such a shame that there's ppl out there like you. That's exactly why teachers and ppl of his kind do what they do cuz ppl overlook it. It's not ok for a teacher to do the actions he did. And yes they did find MANY girls on his hard drive , I know one of the victims ... And I was there when her father was at the police station. So yes I know the facts !!!!! Just a Shane for the children - that's the victims

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#6 Jan 10, 2013
No no no... you got it all wrong. He was charged, that means hes guilty in the eyes of the court of public opinion. The fact that charges were dropped just proves it!

Dont you understand how Topix works?
Facts

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 10, 2013
I don't know this man at all. However, I have watched the case because a child in my family attended the school. The man was NEVER accused of "being sexual" with his students.

He was charged with 2 counts of possession of pornographic materials. If there were "MANY" girls on the hard drive, why only 2 charges? It is my understanding, from some people who are close to the case, that the first accuser's mommy had already filed two frivolous lawsuits. When the opportunity came up, she dropped the first 2. I guess that means nothing, because you've already tried and convicted this man. Whatever..........
lord knows

Beckley, WV

#8 Jan 10, 2013
teenaged girls never lie, do they? innocent people are never wrongly accused, are they? sounds almost like concerned parent is hoping the guy is guilty, so she can tell the tale. one guy accused doesnt mean all teachers are pervs. it doesnt mean schools arent safe. let the jury hear it.
hey

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Facts wrote:
I don't know this man at all. However, I have watched the case because a child in my family attended the school. The man was NEVER accused of "being sexual" with his students.
He was charged with 2 counts of possession of pornographic materials. If there were "MANY" girls on the hard drive, why only 2 charges? It is my understanding, from some people who are close to the case, that the first accuser's mommy had already filed two frivolous lawsuits. When the opportunity came up, she dropped the first 2. I guess that means nothing, because you've already tried and convicted this man. Whatever..........
never sexual with a student. he married one of his students right after she dropped out. i know she was in my class
Facts

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 11, 2013
I also heard this rumor. The girl was a FORMER student of his. She had graduated. He was not much older than her, and she was of age. I checked all this out, because I didn't want a child of mine attending a class where this was possible.

This is most assuredly not the first time a young man has married a young woman. There was a situation when I went to school where a MUCH older male teacher married a former student of his. Do I think it's right, necessarily? NO. However, the law says it is legal for one adult to marry another.

Again, like another poster said, the constitution says we are innocent until proven guilty. Just not on TOPIX, because this is where idiots come to gossip. Toss in a money-grubbing single mommy who sees easy money, and toss in an opportunity to sue the school board, and here's what we get! Let's just hang the guy whether he did anything or not!
hey

Vinton, VA

#11 Jan 11, 2013
no she never graduated. she dropped out because she had gotten pregnant. i ain't saying it is his but a lil later they did get married. i never said she was under age. just a lil funny that she was in his class then marries him. but it is not the first time that happen in that class. a female teacher lost her job because she got involved with a student. need to look into things a lil bit more to know the facts it help if u was there
wondering

Beckley, WV

#12 Jan 11, 2013
what did the principal at the school do about it ?
hey

Vinton, VA

#13 Jan 11, 2013
when they found out he had already left school and they told the female teacher she could leave or quit. so she left. don't know what she doin now. but Mr. dickens don't know what they did to him when they found out. i was already gone. then next thing was the charges against him
crazy

Daniels, WV

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Facts wrote:
I also heard this rumor. The girl was a FORMER student of his. She had graduated. He was not much older than her, and she was of age. I checked all this out, because I didn't want a child of mine attending a class where this was possible.

This is most assuredly not the first time a young man has married a young woman. There was a situation when I went to school where a MUCH older male teacher married a former student of his. Do I think it's right, necessarily? NO. However, the law says it is legal for one adult to marry another.

Again, like another poster said, the constitution says we are innocent until proven guilty. Just not on TOPIX, because this is where idiots come to gossip. Toss in a money-grubbing single mommy who sees easy money, and toss in an opportunity to sue the school board, and here's what we get! Let's just hang the guy whether he did anything or not!
Considering the fact that you are on topix sharing your opinion (or gossiping) on something you know nothing about, you just called yourself an idiot. She was a former student they were married and now divorced and they have a child together. Their marriage has nothing to do with him being arrested.
crazy

Daniels, WV

#15 Jan 11, 2013
hey wrote:
no she never graduated. she dropped out because she had gotten pregnant. i ain't saying it is his but a lil later they did get married. i never said she was under age. just a lil funny that she was in his class then marries him. but it is not the first time that happen in that class. a female teacher lost her job because she got involved with a student. need to look into things a lil bit more to know the facts it help if u was there
They do have a child together. Her name is Christa Crews she has 3 or 4 children now I think but they have been divorced for a while only 1 of the children is his
crazy

Daniels, WV

#16 Jan 11, 2013
hey wrote:
no she never graduated. she dropped out because she had gotten pregnant. i ain't saying it is his but a lil later they did get married. i never said she was under age. just a lil funny that she was in his class then marries him. but it is not the first time that happen in that class. a female teacher lost her job because she got involved with a student. need to look into things a lil bit more to know the facts it help if u was there
Which female teacher? I went there I never heard of the female teacher but I know when I went to the high school a male teacher Larry Stewart got arrested for having a sexual relationship with a student she was 17 at the time
hey

Vinton, VA

#17 Jan 12, 2013
sorry but i am not putting names on here. not many knew about it. u may not he graduated in 03. i had her the next year and they found out. took them awhile. they did a real good job on keeping that one quite then. but whole time he was of age. but still gross
wondering

Beckley, WV

#18 Jan 13, 2013
were was the Principal and what did he do about it when he became aware of the situation ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dont understand 2 hr Robert 11
Black men 4 hr Truth 3
Sara white 12 hr Nikki 1
The big boom 14 hr Rumermil 4
vamc 15 hr Agreed 9
Bike Fest 18 hr Gary 4
lennoxx?????????????? 23 hr Robert 36

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages