Teacher at Woodrow Harrasing student ...

Teacher at Woodrow Harrasing student over religion

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whyjudgeme

Lubbock, TX

#1 Sep 26, 2012
A teacher at Woodrow harrassed a student after stating mormons were not christians then told the student she was a sinner. as a student in this class i was appalled. Really why ridicule a child ?
frosty

Lubbock, TX

#2 Sep 26, 2012
hey
Just Teach

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 26, 2012
IF, and I mean IF, this is true it is totally unacceptable. The teacher is way off base passing judgement on any student's religious beliefs. Please stick to reading, writing and arithmetic, and leave your political or religious beliefs at home. The classroom is not the place for a teacher to push his or her agenda.
obamaagenda

Beckley, WV

#4 Sep 26, 2012
This is true she made the student cry . This teacher should be fired, if you cant pray in school u should keep your own personal agendas to your self
capitalist pig

Lubbock, TX

#5 Sep 26, 2012
obamaagenda wrote:
This is true she made the student cry . This teacher should be fired, if you cant pray in school u should keep your own personal agendas to your self
who told you that you can not pray it school. it is called the first amendment. you can pray anywhere you want. you just cant have a school sponsored prayer.
bump in the road

Ardsley, NY

#6 Sep 26, 2012
I think you could call an attorney or even the ACLU...they aren't good for much but they usually side with an individual's rights.
Facts

Beckley, WV

#7 Sep 26, 2012
ACLJ ..NOT the ACLU....ACLU are communists not anything else

the ACLJ is for religious freedoms.....the ACLU is for themselves and every liberal nut case there is !!!

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#8 Sep 26, 2012
i know teachers are not supposed to do this, the sad thing about all of this is that as a Country we cannot come together as all religions and decide how to save the Republic. For we are in a scary time in America again (as History goes) and we are Sheeple, Rip van winkle's of the day.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 26, 2012
JamieWV wrote:
i know teachers are not supposed to do this, the sad thing about all of this is that as a Country we cannot come together as all religions and decide how to save the Republic. For we are in a scary time in America again (as History goes) and we are Sheeple, Rip van winkle's of the day.
America has stumbled but has never fallen...We've been through a lot worse than this, so far:)
I expect we'll get through this also...We can come together when times are bleak....
We always have and we always will.. Question is, what is our timeline?

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#10 Sep 26, 2012
Yes- Shootist- that is the magical question indeed, i am not a psychic or believe me i would be telling all , sooooooo, all i can do is nail bite and try to be prepared in some fashion, seeing as thou all has been given to my generation, this makes it a bit difficult as i have to learn this or attempt to try to. For i have not had to suffer as our For fathers did and now it seems a trade and or trait is going to be needed in the future. Wish me the best of luck- won't ya? And believe me you ,there are many whom do not know how ....to do this and it may get interesting as to how one survives.
shame

Beckley, WV

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Contact the school principal and make a formal complaint against the teacher. Then contact the Bd of education to make a formal complaint. With this notice that discrimination has occurred within the school system they will have to investigate the compaint and make a decision regarding the conduct of the teacher. Then contact the ACLU or a local attorney. The conduct of the teacher is intentionally inflicted causing harm to the student and the well being of the other students. The theory of parens patriae has been violated where the school officials standing in the place of the parents make sound decisions and protect our children when they are not with their guardians. This type of abusive action cannot be tolerated and has to be stopped. If the school has a prior practice of allowing this type of thing you could definitely win a lawsuit. If the school should have known to prevent this type of instruction in the classroom but did not train or inform the teacher you could win. If the school once they are given notice does not do anything about it they can be sued. If the school follows protocol even though the teacher violated it they may be sued under respondiat superior/ vicarious liability. You have to give them notice that a violation of school policy has occurred though. This forces them into having to make corrective action.
revWright says damn Obama

Ardsley, NY

#12 Sep 28, 2012
Facts wrote:
ACLJ ..NOT the ACLU....ACLU are communists not anything else
the ACLJ is for religious freedoms.....the ACLU is for themselves and every liberal nut case there is !!!
my bad. thanks for correcting..:+)
wvu

Ardsley, NY

#13 Sep 28, 2012
whyjudgeme wrote:
A teacher at Woodrow harrassed a student after stating mormons were not christians then told the student she was a sinner. as a student in this class i was appalled. Really why ridicule a child ?
FACT: Mormons are not Christians. They are Mormons.
sss

Beckley, WV

#14 Sep 29, 2012
whyjudgeme wrote:
Were you in the class when this happened?

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#15 Sep 29, 2012
whyjudgeme wrote:
Really why ridicule a child ?
Because children of this generation are sorely lacking in being disciplined, ridiculed, humiliated and all the other character building detriments. Quite frankly, they need to be told they are stupid when they are being stupid. They need to be beaten when telling them NO no longer works.

Now, with that said... the teacher IS in the wrong on this. Its not a teachers place at a public school to press their own religious viewpoints on their students. That is one reason why we do not teach faith based information in public schools.

As for Mormons... meh.They are Christian enough.
Dumb

Beckley, WV

#16 Sep 30, 2012
VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
Because children of this generation are sorely lacking in being disciplined, ridiculed, humiliated and all the other character building detriments. Quite frankly, they need to be told they are stupid when they are being stupid. They need to be beaten when telling them NO no longer works.
Now, with that said... the teacher IS in the wrong on this. Its not a teachers place at a public school to press their own religious viewpoints on their students. That is one reason why we do not teach faith based information in public schools.
As for Mormons... meh.They are Christian enough.
There is no need to beat your child, call them stupid, or humiliate them. I hope to god you aren't a parent, and if you are. Man, do I feel sorry for your children. To be totally honest you sound like a bitter old wack job who lives in a reality that is several decades old.
Beckley Truth

Beckley, WV

#17 Sep 30, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
who told you that you can not pray it school. it is called the first amendment. you can pray anywhere you want. you just cant have a school sponsored prayer.
Blast,pig I,m in agreement with you again.whats with that.No,I think religion not politics should be taught in the church and any state sponsored religion is vs the constition.Now if we could just outlaw ignorance.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#18 Sep 30, 2012
Beckley Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Blast,pig I,m in agreement with you again.whats with that.No,I think religion not politics should be taught in the church and any state sponsored religion is vs the constition.Now if we could just outlaw ignorance.
even a stopped clock is right twic a day. LOL
Life would be too dull if we outlawed ignorance.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#19 Oct 1, 2012
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to beat your child, call them stupid, or humiliate them. I hope to god you aren't a parent, and if you are. Man, do I feel sorry for your children. To be totally honest you sound like a bitter old wack job who lives in a reality that is several decades old.
And you sound like an ignorant under 30 ME generation child who was abused... err I mean coddled into apathy and delusion who has no practical understanding of parenting, or able to understand the difference between figurative and literal. You sound as if you are a member of the faux enlightened. You think because you want every one to be nice that it works, or is practical or is not spitting in the face of thousands of years of collective wisdom. If that is the case I hope you are never able to procreate because your children will lead you by the nose like a little ineffectual uselessbitch. Really after the ME generation, I doubt this planet can survive another generation of self absorbed, ignorant, theoretical mastery over practical applicationfuckwits.

I could be wrong, given that All I have to base it on is a few sentences, but what you did say doesnt inspire much hope.

“Ain't you got a jack?”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Deepest Darkest Appalachia

#20 Oct 2, 2012
The teacher was wrong and unkind, but I've seen many teachers ridicule students over things far more personal than that and not a thing was ever done about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckley's Catholic Problem 52 min UknowIT 32
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,717
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr The Last Warrior ... 1,472
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 3 hr Bitchn pay bills 16
Why did David Darden get fired from rgh 3 hr DD is a great per... 5
does anyone know -is dr. yee a good doctor? (Sep '12) 3 hr Just stop talking 29
$70 Mil Bockbuster about WV Native Virgil Light 8 hr Aaron 5

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance