best beckley bar fighter in the 1980's?

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#248 Dec 3, 2012
Skunk: you have obviously never heard of the bar brawlers - chess club!!!
1 post removed
Wish we could 45

Sumerco, WV

#250 Dec 4, 2012
You'd have the taste of blood in your mouth before you got it out your pocket...Mike and Chip were FAST....with different styles of fighting.You wouldn't want to chance it.
Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#251 Dec 4, 2012
Hey "punkins pal"I played the same time as Bandy,and these other guys.It was common to put on the gloves in those days.Maybe that's why we have a soft spot in our hearts for head knock'n.Miss those days....My hands hurt,just a little bit...
mountain man

United States

#252 Dec 4, 2012
Avery Hammond was a true bad boy

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#253 Dec 4, 2012
Wish we could 45 wrote:
You'd have the taste of blood in your mouth before you got it out your pocket...Mike and Chip were FAST....with different styles of fighting.You wouldn't want to chance it.
Udy boy fast too .... Couldn't beat the bullet ..
Daryl

Troy, VA

#254 Dec 4, 2012
Try bar fighting with a bond arms 410/45.

Level 1

United States

#255 Dec 4, 2012
Stray cat. bet i know you. im in fla. yeah hicks and culicerto both liked to see us put on the mitts and settle our beefs brought in from two a days!! Bug ridge. yes !!! A gun can kill anyone human!!! Hulk hogan mike tyson and even micky udy.so can a virus!!! Were talkin bout ole fashion ass whoopen here. get on board or set sail!!
joey

Sophia, WV

#256 Dec 4, 2012
Al Li wrote:
<quoted text>
You are about as stupid of a person as I have ever seen post on Topix. Your title is akin to "the best child molesters" "the best murderers" "the best sociopaths". Get off the internet you worthless piece of crap. You are a disgrace to West Virginians everywhere.
YOU are the worthless piece of ....YOU ARE NOW A CERTIFIED D88BASS, THIS IS A TOPIC FOR PEOPLE TO DISCUSS! I might be pushing 55, but I's love to knock some into your s**thead. I don't think I'm alone....

Level 1

United States

#257 Dec 4, 2012
Ill never forget the first toler udy fight when the anticipation in the armory was electric!! These warriors met in the center of the ring and both threw their best punch!! Tolers landed and down went mickey. some people were pissed.felt like they got ripped off. most were shocked !! As a teenager i was electrified!!!
Conac

Troy, VA

#258 Dec 5, 2012
Bar fighters are definately not MENTAL giants.

Level 1

United States

#259 Dec 6, 2012
Conac :: bar fighters are right up there with brain surgeons and geophysicists. get withthe program.
From a women

Prairie Village, KS

#260 Dec 6, 2012
Yep, nothing better than seeing two men beating the crap out of each other.:). Just kidding boys, don't take it to heart.:). Have a wonderful Christmas everyone !!!
Yep

Sumerco, WV

#261 Dec 10, 2012
Just like a women,throw cold water on everything she don't like or understand,it's a GUY thing,just change the channel........
1 post removed
TheWeaveisOff

Lubbock, TX

#263 Jan 10, 2013
pizza hut lot

Oak Hill, WV

#264 Jan 10, 2013
Boxer wrote:
Frank Priddy said he smacked a few chumps around in the mid 80's.
yea i seen him smack his girlfriend one night,, and make a fast getaway in the vette his daddy bought,, realy a bad dute!!!
80s baby

United States

#265 Jan 11, 2013
Question this guy told me he was a h$!! Of a fighter back in the day has anyone heard of Danny Massey.,and i knew Danny scaff he was a nut RIP and i know steve Hopkins has a mean left hook when i was a teen a smacked him in the head with a cinder block didn't even phase him.
Beer and a black eye

Ardsley, NY

#266 Jan 11, 2013
Exciting times at the Time Out when the fists started flying. COuple guys from Oak H ill would fight pretty good, don't remember the names. Wish we could go back in time. Play that funky music white boy!
nmiller51

Midland, GA

#267 Jan 12, 2013
Does anyone remember a Coal miner named Gary Prather? Gary pinned rooftop in the mines before making mine foreman, this was in the 70s and 80s. Gary was all muscle with a 6 pack and never lifted weights. I seen 4 big men back down at the old Pasquale's Italian restaurant near Sand Branch road. Gary was built that way in his late 40s with a 30 or 32 inch waist and he was quiet but fearless if anyone was crazy enough to start something. I have found out that he passed away about 6 years ago.
WVU

Ardsley, NY

#268 Jan 12, 2013
joey wrote:
anybody remember the bar fighters in beckley in the 1980's?
I heard that the Simmons boys was rough guys with big hearts.
WVU

Ardsley, NY

#269 Jan 12, 2013
I heard the Simmons boys were pretty tough guys but had big hearts. Only beat an ass if they needed it never went out to start stuff just didn't take any!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake UP and STOP Bullying - Ral Co COMMISSIONE... 16 min Bully No More 1
You can TRUST the POLICE - 23 min Max Johnson 2
Jamie chambers 1 hr John 1
hail damage from 5/2/16 storm 1 hr Zag 4
vote trump 3 hr Max Johnson 15
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr FAGGOTPOLICE 1,270
Landlords who rent to known drug addicts. 3 hr Sonny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages