Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Hollywood, FL

#226 Nov 30, 2012
Yahoo: this chat room is about the baddest beckley fighters of last 30years.It is a reality that men fight and have always fought. These fighters indeed could be considered at least semi pro. It is a fact that those of us men who indulge in this behavior can indeed be called barbarians or as i prefer :fight enthusiast's. Therefore. apology excepted:-):-):-)
JimBob

Beckley, WV

#227 Nov 30, 2012
Saw one heck of a throw in the old Time Out club. Don't know the names, but must have been 6 - 10 ole boys going at it. When it was over, nobody was shot or stabbed, although there might have been some sore heads the next day

Udy was very good, saw him box many times. They say he was one heck of a bar fighter too but I never saw him headknocking in the TO or Friar Tucks when I was there.

Some of the retired Beckly PD officers will tell you they wanted several officers before they approached him after a brawl. Although,he was always compliant with them according to my sources.
1 post removed

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#229 Dec 1, 2012
Stoopid iz az stoopid duz!

Level 1

United States

#230 Dec 1, 2012
Cool hand: are you and yahoo bridge partners. this is a fight chat room!!!-
Younger

Bronx, NY

#231 Dec 1, 2012
keyrocker wrote:
I sat and read this entire thread because it was so interesting. I'm a girl and wow i was a kid in the 70's and 80's. People just don't know how to fight anymore. Even when I was in high school in the late 80's guys and girls actually fought, with fists. I don't advocate fighting, but man, you just don't see a good throw down anymore. I need to go watch Roadhouse!
In the 80's, actually a WWHS student by the name of Paul Floresca was one of the best fighters in Raleigh county. He fought and whooped allot of the older guys when we'd sneak into the bars. Another tough one was David Williams. He was tough, but he was a bully. He still is from what I hear. He's a Trooper I think. I hear he's all the time beating on a handcuffed drunk now. But Paul Floresca really was one tough guy, and a real gentleman, not a bully. He just whooped allota people.
Think

Bronx, NY

#232 Dec 1, 2012
nmiller51 wrote:
Does anyone remember who the guy was that owned the vending machines at places in Beckley in the 1970s? He came into Billy Joes at the old Elks club and got his money out and serviced the machines every few days. He was slender and wore a lot of gold jewelry and was in his 40s then. He was a nice guy and i wonder if he is still living. Any info. is appreciated.
I think it was Ronny Warden's son. I forget his first name though, but Ronny used to own Day & Night Garage & Moonlight Drive In there on Eisenhour Drive in Beckley.
Lipstick

Bronx, NY

#233 Dec 1, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Priddy was a chump!
Frank Priddy used to wear lipstick and go to bars in Charleston. His ex girlfriend told me that's why she broke up with him was because he would dress up like a woman and liked guys to. That was before he was discharged from the Marines in boot camp because he couldn't hang. But he's done well for himself now. A complete turnaround, and he is actually one of the best Police Officers in Beckley now.
1 post removed
Yahoo

Chesapeake, VA

#235 Dec 2, 2012
punkins pal wrote:
Yahoo: this chat room is about the baddest beckley fighters of last 30years.It is a reality that men fight and have always fought. These fighters indeed could be considered at least semi pro. It is a fact that those of us men who indulge in this behavior can indeed be called barbarians or as i prefer :fight enthusiast's. Therefore. apology excepted:-):-):-)
OK Punkin! If thats what you all like to do, I sure don't want to get you pizzed off at me! Love this body to much. Tehehe

Level 1

United States

#236 Dec 2, 2012
Yahoo were simply having an exchange of memories and opinions here.yours is respected as anyone. peace.
Daryl

Charlottesville, VA

#237 Dec 2, 2012
Bar fighters have low IQs.

Level 1

United States

#238 Dec 3, 2012
Daryl::: how impressive that you have investigated the mental capacity of bar fighters. cant wait to hear your method of search.!!
Knew Him

Richwood, WV

#239 Dec 3, 2012
O.K. i'll tell ya.They put on the gloves after Football practice.Mike was a soph.It was over Mike Bowles....Chip and Mike were good friends before and after.Only the team saw the fight.The coaches were in on it.This was the only time.They every had words.A total misunderstanding....
Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#240 Dec 3, 2012
I was there! Hamrick was a pioneer of the ground & pound.I'll take a wrestler over the karate kid every time!

Level 1

United States

#241 Dec 3, 2012
knew him : sorry i doubted you. same thing happened to me and jesse bandy.bet chip and mike was a b2685attle.

Level 1

United States

#242 Dec 3, 2012
Battle

Level 1

United States

#243 Dec 3, 2012
I knew both of em... i'd have to take chip in a street fight. but then again!!!!!

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#244 Dec 3, 2012
punkins pal wrote:
I knew both of em... i'd have to take chip in a street fight. but then again!!!!!
You take chip ... I take .45 .. Wanna play?

Level 1

United States

#245 Dec 3, 2012
Bug ridge. i bet theres a clint eastwood chat room you can play in with your guns and slingshots!! We talkin bout old school throw down shit here. comprende???
Skunk holler bill

Charlottesville, VA

#246 Dec 3, 2012
Bar fighters lack mental capacity.
Skunk holler bill

Charlottesville, VA

#247 Dec 3, 2012
punkins pal wrote:
Daryl::: how impressive that you have investigated the mental capacity of bar fighters. cant wait to hear your method of search.!!
If you have good eyesight that should be investigation enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
this girl 35 min Brandon S 6
Cheap and clean hotel 1 hr Ned 1
Thomas Hamilton from the YMCA (May '12) 1 hr RIP 23
No Beckley Pool 10 hr 100 2
24 yr old exSoldier looking for jobs 12 hr Slick 14
Need help finding good inpatient substance abus... 12 hr frustrated 3
new theif in town 14 hr apple 5
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE