best beckley bar fighter in the 1980's?
i remember

Beckley, WV

#184 Jul 21, 2012
do any of you remember the BRADLEY boys? Rancy Bradley, Howard Bradley, Charles Bradley and even their little sister Brenda Bradley? they all used to thump heads back in the day and I heard they still do.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#185 Jul 21, 2012
i remember wrote:
do any of you remember the BRADLEY boys? Rancy Bradley, Howard Bradley, Charles Bradley and even their little sister Brenda Bradley? they all used to thump heads back in the day and I heard they still do.
Lil swift move with cue stick takes care of these bad kids ... LOL
i remember

Beckley, WV

#186 Jul 21, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>Lil swift move with cue stick takes care of these bad kids ... LOL
ummm, no! not quite!

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#187 Jul 21, 2012
i remember wrote:
<quoted text>ummm, no! not quite!
You ain't been around enough Junior!
i remember

Beckley, WV

#188 Jul 21, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>You ain't been around enough Junior!
junior? I'm 36 you idiot! do you even know who I'm talking about?

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#189 Jul 21, 2012
i remember wrote:
<quoted text>junior? I'm 36 you idiot! do you even know who I'm talking about?
Makes no diff.-- unless they be MA Master! PeeWee!
Enigma

Beckley, WV

#190 Jul 21, 2012
K&K Amusements had machines then- could have been Timmy Kiser or it could have been Roy Vass--he had a few hen too

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#191 Jul 21, 2012
Enigma wrote:
K&K Amusements had machines then- could have been Timmy Kiser or it could have been Roy Vass--he had a few hen too
Believe Jack Williams did too.
observer

Beckley, WV

#192 Jul 21, 2012
I think you may mean Randy Kiser.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#193 Jul 21, 2012
Enigma wrote:
Was prolly on wrong shelf!
Soak Creeker

Hansford, WV

#194 Aug 12, 2012
Sherman Dean Snuffer shot and killed my cousin Mick Udy as Mick was walking OUT OF THE BAR. The defendant's family obviously has money, because he was represented by Warren G. Thornhill, a highly respected criminal defense lawyer.

The trial ended in a hung jury, as some of the jury members regarded Mick's "hands" / boxing ability as a "lethal weapon", even though there were multitudes of witnesses that attested to the fact that he was indeed leaving the bar.(It was suggested that Mick was "friendly w/ a lady friend of Snuffer).

One sad note to this story, Mick's cousin Lanham L. Cook, a Sheriff's Deputy on duty at the time of the shooting, was the first officer responding to the scene.

It was at that time, and maybe even to this day, one of the longest funeral processions in Raleigh county.

This was in no way a "bar fight", but a tragic, and senseless shooting by an irrational, insecure, cowardly young man. He ended the life of a good, and much loved human being, who is sadly missed.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#195 Aug 13, 2012
Soak Creeker wrote:
Sherman Dean Snuffer shot and killed my cousin Mick Udy as Mick was walking OUT OF THE BAR. The defendant's family obviously has money, because he was represented by Warren G. Thornhill, a highly respected criminal defense lawyer.

The trial ended in a hung jury, as some of the jury members regarded Mick's "hands" / boxing ability as a "lethal weapon", even though there were multitudes of witnesses that attested to the fact that he was indeed leaving the bar.(It was suggested that Mick was "friendly w/ a lady friend of Snuffer).

One sad note to this story, Mick's cousin Lanham L. Cook, a Sheriff's Deputy on duty at the time of the shooting, was the first officer responding to the scene.

It was at that time, and maybe even to this day, one of the longest funeral processions in Raleigh county.

This was in no way a "bar fight", but a tragic, and senseless shooting by an irrational, insecure, cowardly young man. He ended the life of a good, and much loved human being, who is sadly missed.
Went to a gun fight with couple fists ... Sure proved his manhood Huh? DEAD!
seldom seen

Sophia, WV

#196 Aug 14, 2012
Anybody else remember these headknockers. What a time, sure beats these worthless pill head turds that couldn't punch their way out if they were the only person in the room.
Cheer Mom

Beckley, WV

#197 Aug 16, 2012
I guess everyone must have forgot about the "Dorsey" brothers from Shady!! Mark & Gary!!
What about it

Beckley, WV

#198 Aug 16, 2012
What about them....... The biggest drunks and cocaine users in beckley.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#199 Nov 26, 2012
I trained with mickey in 1976. Hunington golden gloves. he was as tough as they come. i used to hit him hard and he wouldnt hit me back. saw him win state title that year.
GoodOldays

Beckley, WV

#200 Nov 26, 2012
80's ? Ha ha ha....childs play ask any old timer in Beckley about Hercules that was the one who put fear in everyone in Beckley. late 40's,50's early 60's. No bar fighting simply fighting anywhere and everywhere and everyone who would dare.
keyrocker

Beckley, WV

#201 Nov 27, 2012
I sat and read this entire thread because it was so interesting. I'm a girl and wow i was a kid in the 70's and 80's. People just don't know how to fight anymore. Even when I was in high school in the late 80's guys and girls actually fought, with fists. I don't advocate fighting, but man, you just don't see a good throw down anymore. I need to go watch Roadhouse!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#202 Nov 27, 2012
Ill take chip keatley : MICKY UDY. AND SCOTT MORRISS AND MYSELF AND TAKE ON ANY BODY
hate

United States

#203 Nov 27, 2012
punkins pal wrote:
Ill take chip keatley : MICKY UDY. AND SCOTT MORRISS AND MYSELF AND TAKE ON ANY BODY
are you allowed to drink at the old folks home just joking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,617
global warming is here (Jan '14) 1 hr Porch Honkey the ... 452
New River Park Pool is DISGUSTING 5 hr Hugh Jazz 15
all aboard 5 hr okk 8
How much $ does an inmate need in jail (Jun '13) 6 hr GayBriel 54
Those Fine Veterans 6 hr GayBriel 8
bible belt is loosening 6 hr Fran 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages