Mama Ann's Needs to Change or will go...

Mama Ann's Needs to Change or will go out of business.

Posted in the Beckley Forum

McBees Looming

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 15, 2013
I like Mamma Ann's but they need to refresh the restaurant, expand hours, have a consistent menu or they may go out of business.

McBees is now delivering downtown I worry about Mama Anns.

It is sad to watch people drive their business in the ground. Competition is fierce and it is time for them to step up and clean up. Even when you walk or drive by there all the stuff in the window and flyers taped everywhere including on the door looks really bad.
Corinne Rice

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Jan 15, 2013
In case you haven't noticed or read the sign on the door my father (Mama Anne's husband) had a stroke and taking care of him is far more important than anything else. We are CLOSED for good and appreciate all the business we have had for many years and friends we've met along the way. Please keep our family in your prayers and keep negative comments aimed at us to yourselves.Thank you and God bless :)
tessa

Evansville, IN

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Corrine, I'm so sorry to hear of your Dads health. I uses to Come in often with Mark. Moved away a couple years ago. Loved eating at mama anns!! Sending prayers.
Mountaineer

Far Rockaway, NY

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Greyhound Whopper was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten, hands down!
Corinne Rice

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Thank you Tessa and Mountaineer! I loved working there both before my Mom had it and after she took over. There are so many memories down at the old spot and the new one that some of us will never forget. We had so many faithful customers and made so many friends. My Mom worked 16 hour days and busted her butt trying to keep everything going. She always dreamed of having her own diner and all of us kids enjoyed helping her with her dream.
driver

Lubbock, TX

#6 Jan 16, 2013
why mama is close? loved her food
reuker

Lubbock, TX

#7 Jan 16, 2013
i miss her food too
Sick of it

United States

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Is anyone going to buy them out? Downtown is hurting for food. I can't afford $17 for lunch at McBees.

Pay your dues and eat at the Moose Club.$6 lunch specials every day. They served swordfish for $6.95 this week.
what

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2013
That really sucks i hope your dad gets better i use to get a Burger every chance i got no one can cook like momma Anne's.
lost

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Lost patriot sold out now you all is it true their going to use it as a parking lot for mcbees.
Reta

Beckley, WV

#11 Jan 17, 2013
Will the historical and landmark committee allow them to tear down parts of the historical district just to add parking for mcbees? Aren't there laws protecting areas such as this?
Reta

Beckley, WV

#12 Jan 17, 2013
Also, very sorry to hear about the closing of Mama Ann's and illness of her husband.
becky

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 19, 2013
I loved mama Anne's but I am sad to see it go but it is what is best for mama and her husband I hope things get better love u all
Sick of it

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2013
This restaurant closing and no one buying Mama Ann out is a prime example of when a business tells you they can't find anyone to work. This is a good opportunity for someone who's willing to work hard.
5 posts removed
hmm ?

Daniels, WV

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Corinne Rice wrote:
In case you haven't noticed or read the sign on the door my father (Mama Anne's husband) had a stroke and taking care of him is far more important than anything else. We are CLOSED for good and appreciate all the business we have had for many years and friends we've met along the way. Please keep our family in your prayers and keep negative comments aimed at us to yourselves.Thank you and God bless :)
So sorry about your father!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP is an acronym for........ (May '16) 52 min John Longendorfer 45
Ral Co Attorney ARRESTED - (May '16) 3 hr Cody 13
How many people actually believe Automobile dea... 11 hr John Longendorfer 11
Cheated together 11 hr Penguin 12
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 12 hr Jon_B 6,942
News Valley College opens new location in Beckley (May '13) 14 hr Ghost Writer 37
Frontier Littering County With unwanted phone b... 19 hr Porch Honkey the ... 2

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages