Why the Republican Party is in trouble

Why the Republican Party is in trouble

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 9, 2013
"In another sign of the GOP Civil War, Sen. Rand Paul will deliver a Tea Party response to the president's State of the Union address right after Sen. Marco Rubio gives the official Republican rebuttal.

Paul, R-Ky., will speak in front of an audience at the National Press Club, which will also carry the event live on its web site, Politco reports.

"We are giving a voice to the tea party movement when the mainstream media and the Republican establishment wants to write us off as dead," said Amy Kremer, chairman of the Tea Party Express, CNN reports.

Both Rubio, R-Fla., and Paul have been aligned with the Tea Party, and there is speculation that each could run for president in 2016.

"We are proud that Marco Rubio is giving the official Republican Party response because he is a tea party conservative and one of our own," Kremer said to CNN. "But the Republican Party doesn't necessarily speak for all conservatives and the tea party movement has its own voice and this is our chance to be heard."

It takes two Republicans to equal one Obama?

Really though, if the divided Republicans don't reach accommodation with each other they can forget about winning another national election against a more or less united Democrat Party.

I wouldn't miss Rand Paul's speech for anything. It should be good for several days posting on Topix...lol

(OK, back to work)
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#2 Feb 9, 2013
The good news is that with liberal entitlement minded ones like you around the USA will financialy implode even faster making the rebuilding a much sooner occurance

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 9, 2013
LOL....righties are a never ending source of amusement.
Beckley Truth

Beckley, WV

#4 Feb 9, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
LOL....righties are a never ending source of amusement.
Why are they in trouble? Simple,they are republicans.They are 19th century thinkers when they think at all.Recent studies have shown liberals to be intellectually superior to conservitives,but I learned that long ago when I heard one talking.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#5 Feb 10, 2013
why are they in trouble? actually they're not. they are used for the purpose designed, flip sides of the same coin to make the people think there are two parties. Democrats and Republicans have morphed at the federal level into Democrat and Republican wings of the Democrat/Republican party which in actuality is the American Socialist Party.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#6 Feb 10, 2013
dunadd wrote:
why are they in trouble? actually they're not. they are used for the purpose designed, flip sides of the same coin to make the people think there are two parties. Democrats and Republicans have morphed at the federal level into Democrat and Republican wings of the Democrat/Republican party which in actuality is the American Socialist Party.
Ok, Ill say it. Even if you are right, which you arent. So what? I am so sick of people throwing around the socialist word like its some grievous sin. This isnt 1953. The Red scare is long over. And this is how I know you are wrong, If we had such a socialist state...Things in this country would actually be running better as,shit would actually get done.

Really? we create the illusion of a two party system that will never work, requires an absolutely idiotic public base on ALL sides (which that might be plausible) and a government in on such a massive cover up that it borders on some illuminati NWO nonsense, all to cover up one party built to.... resolve the needs of all people? As Hawking line applies to essentially every governmental conspiracy, If they are doing it, they are doing a hell of a better job of it than they do of ANYTHING else.

Occam's Razor my friend. The simplest conclusion is most often the correct one. And we simply have two completely inept parties, and a vapid populous that is too self important to notice, or even care to do anything about it thus allowing the inept to remain in power
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#7 Feb 10, 2013
What we have is the rich doing their best to redistribute the assets of those in lower classes in a way to prevent total anarchy from taking what they have away.
can you just imagine the likes of Kerry, Buffet, Gore etc etc, good democrats all, reaching into their pockets to bail out the poor? No point in mentioning the Republicans, that are just as bad, because of who started this post.
I would hate to see it but I think probably the best solution is a financial implosion. Pay attention...it may just start in Europe sooner than you think
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#8 Feb 10, 2013
what we have is Americans ignoring truth. truth, Obama's mother was communist. truth, his mother's parents communists. OK, dispensing the fact younguns don't always follow in parents' footsteps. having friends like Saul Alinsky, Bobby Seals, reading Noam Chomsky. doesn't these facts, facts mind you, doesn't these facts tip you off to anything. If not, then these Americans who so blindly follow this man, deserve everything he sticks to them but we don't. Brian, whether wittingly or unwittingly, you are propagating classic class warfare of communism. that last sentence of yours it may just start in Europe sooner than you think. America IS Europe. Europe extends from the Ural Mountains west to San francisco bay, San Fran Bay region, home of Nancy Pelosi and Mikhail Gorbachev. Wake up people. smell the coffee. we simply have two branches, Democrat and Republican, of one party, Socialist. you can't see that? you are saying a noncommunist president appoints communists to posts in his government? come on, surely the American public ain't that dumbed down, are you? if so, all is lost. if you keep up your communist jargon of class warfare, i am going to begin to think you are communist. actually i already do but what the hey, why care what i think.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Beckley Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Why are they in trouble? Simple,they are republicans.They are 19th century thinkers when they think at all.Recent studies have shown liberals to be intellectually superior to conservitives,but I learned that long ago when I heard one talking.
"Link" to the studies please:)

If such a "study" exists it was most likely one controlled and formulated by liberals.

Contrarty to your "experiences" I have found most liberals to be extremely NAIVE concerning just about everything...They have about four things they have harped on for fifty years and that's it:)
Mountaineer

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 10, 2013
dunadd wrote:
"what the hey, why care what i think."

Why did you wait until the very end to start making so much sense?
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Link" to the studies please:)
If such a "study" exists it was most likely one controlled and formulated by liberals.
Contrarty to your "experiences" I have found most liberals to be extremely NAIVE concerning just about everything...They have about four things they have harped on for fifty years and that's it:)
Well they might have been made by those welll educated fresh faced liberals that can't find a job you know. They are also finding out health care isnt free, they still have to repay their school loans and with no job they are having a dish of crow as they move back in with mom and pop.(all Bush's fault though)
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#12 Feb 10, 2013
The Republican Party is in trouble for several reasons. First, it is not ruled by a mob mentality where everyone just falls into lockstep and follows the anointed one. Secondly they are out of date and ill prepared to deal with the current voting populace which is largely functionally illeterate with an entitlement mentality. Third, the few times they can come up with a good idea, it will be distorted or silenced by an a corrupt, leftwing press. Fourth, they have a senority system worse that any union that they might oppose, there are plenty of young charasmatic stars in the republican party, but the old guard establishment will not let them shine. Fifth, the party leaders have no principles for which they are not willing to compromise. They are damn cowards who keep drawing a line in the sand and daring Obama to cross it. Everytime he does, they just back up another step.
That being said, the Republican party is alive and well on the state level with 30 states now having republican governors, where republicans actually cut spending, reduce taxes and the size of government. Republicans cant win national elections becasue on the national level, they want to be democrat light. No one likes anything luke warm.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2013
Here is a good chart showing the demographics of the fresh young ones too lazy to go to work and go to school...consider the locations with the knowledge of how the vote goes
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-eco...

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Forgive if I came off a little harsh.
dunadd wrote:
what we have is Americans ignoring truth.
No, thats the problem. What we have is Americans "Inventing" the "Truth" I mean you are technically right, Republican, democrat, it makes no different, is still the same slop bucket. But please take off the tin foil hat. Obama is as much a socialist as you are.
dunadd wrote:
but what the hey, why care what i think.
No disrespect, I never did. Not that its directed at you. I generally do not care what anyone thinks, for good or ill. Sorry.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#15 Feb 10, 2013
I am a Constitutionalist, a believer in the governance of the United States of America by the Constitution of the United States which is totally incompatible with socialism as socialism is incompatible with the American Constitution and i realise the USA has morphed into the USSA. I am not a socialist. I despise socialism. you believe i invented the truth of the socialist president being raised in a communist family and environment, invented the truth of your president having communist mentors and friends. true it does not matter what anyone including myself thinks but i am giving facts and frankly i don't care you elect a communist, i don't like communism, socialism, nazism and sure don't like the fact you, your president and others pushing socialism and communism down my throat, and i sure don't like your American style of Europeanism and don't like it being forced on me without me having any choice. If that gets your dander up, so be it. instead of shoving your socialism onto we who don't like socialism, it's a durn shame you all didn't move to Germany where socialism is loved or any European country. sweden would have been wonderful but no shove it on America.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#16 Feb 10, 2013
dunadd wrote:
I am a Constitutionalist, a believer in the governance of the United States of America by the Constitution of the United States which is totally incompatible with socialism as socialism is incompatible with the American Constitution and i realise the USA has morphed into the USSA. I am not a socialist. I despise socialism. you believe i invented the truth of the socialist president being raised in a communist family and environment, invented the truth of your president having communist mentors and friends. true it does not matter what anyone including myself thinks but i am giving facts and frankly i don't care you elect a communist, i don't like communism, socialism, nazism and sure don't like the fact you, your president and others pushing socialism and communism down my throat, and i sure don't like your American style of Europeanism and don't like it being forced on me without me having any choice. If that gets your dander up, so be it. instead of shoving your socialism onto we who don't like socialism, it's a durn shame you all didn't move to Germany where socialism is loved or any European country. sweden would have been wonderful but no shove it on America.
Or you could simply move to the fantasy world that you clearly exist in. Lets start by putting a stop to the
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2303993600/hE7EF...
nonsense.

You are wrong.

Obama is not a socialist.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kenya.as...

I dont "BELIEVE" anything about it. Its proven fact, and honestly it is the FIRST fact that has entered into this exchange, so do continue to delude yourself when you have not presented ANY facts that are not and have not already been easily debunked.

And you LOVE socialism. You are against socialism like this guy is against socialism.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YDcE8nhYVVU/TvozztA...

But As its been brought forth many times before. Im sure you do not use public libraries, send your kids to public schools, Only drink water from natural springs on your own privately owned land, Raise all your own livestock and crops, Being defended from all threats foreign and domestic, Emergency services like police, fire, EMS that keep you safe while you sleep, Produce all your own clothing and built your own computer that was delivered to you or your local store on those evil socialist roads.

If you were a "constitutionalists" you would know that the founding principles of this country were built on the collective welfare of the general populous. But of course you dont know that, being a "constitutionalist" and not receiving an education as a rejection of those evil public schools.

So seriously, you can take off the tin foil hat and shove the pointiest end because you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and you are downright delusional about what you "believe"

The only thing being shoved down your throat is the expectation that if you are going to speak, that it not be completely brain dead and vapid.

Try again.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#17 Feb 10, 2013
a lot think social programs and socialism is the same. social programs are NOT socialism. in 2013 there is not a more communist country than Viet Nam, and their public schools are not socialism. socialism is a system of social organisation that advocates the ownership and control of industry, capital, land, etc by the community as a whole. police, fire and garbage collection are social programs. all countries have fires and lawlessness, hence need of fire department and police. I've had this conversation before, probably with you and social programs are not socialism. computer business is capitalism. you're a government school grad, ain't ya? i can tell by your belief EMS is socialism. anyone who believes EMS, fire department, police are socialism, well, the truth will never reach ya. debunk my fact Saul Alinsky mentored Obama. Debunk the fact Obama's mother and grandparents were communists. you can't because it is the truth. if what you said, you generally do not care what anyone thinks, show me, don't answer this post. anyone believes EMS is socialism has gone too far to reach. have a day and a life, do you a favour, ignore me from now on.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#18 Feb 10, 2013
Funny how you do that. Ill pull a trick from your playbook and do the same. I DONT CARE what you think. If you want to be wrong thats fine. However

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

And you are preaching stupidity. To ignore it would be far more damaging than to address it. So its completely possible to NOT care what YOU think and still respond to you to correct your ignorance because it is idiocy like this that others did not correct that put this nonsense into your head in the first place. It s sort of like smacking the hand of a child trying to put a penny in a electrical outlet. I do not care what it thinks of the actions I take, My concern is for preventing the ill effects of its actions.

Just to hit your point, you want the idea that Saul Alinsky mentored Obama? Fine. Its impossible to mentor someone if you have NEVER MET THEM!

Alinsky died in 72. Obama was born in 61. So You are actually suggesting Obama was taught by a man he never met, and groomed from birth till Alinskys death in 72?

So which is it exactly? That you are correct in mentoring that defies not only logic, but plausibility and the definition of the word that has been covered up for all his life? Or that you do not understand the definition of the word mentor? Again for the second time today Occam's Razor, which is the simplest answer?

Want to make the choice even simpler? The fact that mentor is clearly not the only word you do not understand. Such as the definition of socialism.

Socialism- Noun: System of social organization in which resources are subject to social control.

Thats one reason I know things like EMS are examples of socialism in practice. The residents of a county pay taxes to ensure that EMS workers are on staff to respond to any emergency that occurs within their jurisdiction. It is the control of resources (IE tax money) to control the "social organization" of a community for the service of all within that community. I know this not because I graduated from a "government school" whatever that is, but because I worked IN EMS for many agencies, including county and city EMS. In the field as well as in the admin offices. Anyone who thinks public services are not a form of socialism is mentally damaged and trying pathetically to back peddle when they have boxed themselves into a corner.

Look it does not matter how many times you have had this conversation before, If you are saying something stupid, it illustrates you require correction to prevent your stupidity from infecting others. You want me to ignore you? Dont say stupid and false shit. Do everyone a favor. Just stop posting all together. You have made it abundantly clear in this short period of time you lack the mental capacity to express a cogent, rationalized or even original thought so all you have done is wasted your time and spread your misery and idiocy like textual syphilis.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#19 Feb 10, 2013
The Republican Party isn't dead by a long shot.....The Pendulum keeps going back and forth.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 10, 2013
What would be the justification for the existence of the Republican Party?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP is an acronym for........ (May '16) 52 min John Longendorfer 45
Ral Co Attorney ARRESTED - (May '16) 3 hr Cody 13
How many people actually believe Automobile dea... 11 hr John Longendorfer 11
Cheated together 11 hr Penguin 12
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 12 hr Jon_B 6,942
News Valley College opens new location in Beckley (May '13) 14 hr Ghost Writer 37
Frontier Littering County With unwanted phone b... 19 hr Porch Honkey the ... 2

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages