well not do

Mount Hope, WV

#123 Jul 17, 2009
Not so well to do types. Old rednecks who sit around the bar and talk sh..t about other people. This is not my idea of well to do in Beckley. Welcome to Eddies empire of idiots. We call it the Beckley Moose Lodge!
Im well to do too

Mount Hope, WV

#124 Jul 17, 2009
Trailer trash people who act snooty. I can buy and sell those worthless welfare cases. The Moose is a joke!
concerned

Beckley, WV

#125 Jul 17, 2009
well not do wrote:
Not so well to do types. Old rednecks who sit around the bar and talk sh..t about other people. This is not my idea of well to do in Beckley. Welcome to Eddies empire of idiots. We call it the Beckley Moose Lodge!
please refrain from using the term Redneck when you mean
hillbilly redneck.
The rednecks took on the mine owners and initiated
many of the mine safety practices in place today.
Yes, you do have some bar flies but DMM was correct people with money also go there for the drawing. My doctor was in attendance.
2-cents

Beckley, WV

#126 Jul 17, 2009
Bartender wrote:
<quoted text>
I do work there and Im glad you came out and had a good time, as busy as we are on Thursday nights we try to keep it fun for everyone and give the best service possible. We hope to see you again.
I commend you and the rest of your staff for the hard work you put in at the Moose Club. I visit there as often as I can and am very pleased with the environment as a whole. The worthless junk that is spoken on here is obviously initiated by uncultured creatures that have nothing better to do than start petty arguments.
DMM

Beckley, WV

#127 Jul 17, 2009
Bartender wrote:
<quoted text>
I do work there and Im glad you came out and had a good time, as busy as we are on Thursday nights we try to keep it fun for everyone and give the best service possible. We hope to see you again.
I will be back. Thank you for your nice response. I did join Thursday night and so did one of my sons. We had a good time.
DMM

Beckley, WV

#128 Jul 17, 2009
And yes there were many professionals there. I saw attorneys, doctors, lawyers, bankers, a judge,realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, business owners and the list goes on...There is probably not enough alcohol at the bar for me to sing karokee but it is always fun to observe! Like I said I have only been there the one time, but I did join and I will go back. For those on here nitpicking the place to death. If there are really problems, meet with management and work it out or just stop going altogether. Honestly, you probably won't be missed.
not the only one

Mount Hope, WV

#129 Jul 18, 2009
Some of these complaints came from me. They do need new administration. It's unanimous.
Bartender

San Antonio, TX

#130 Jul 22, 2009
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. The new Jack of Diamonds drawing is starting tomorrow, I hope to see everyone there, and dont forget about Karaoke on friday night and the Cinderella Ball on Saturday.
I would also like to thank everyone who came out for the last Jack of diamonds we had a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of new people, thank you all for being so patient and understanding.
the DJ

Beckley, WV

#131 Jul 22, 2009
Bartender wrote:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. The new Jack of Diamonds drawing is starting tomorrow, I hope to see everyone there, and dont forget about Karaoke on friday night and the Cinderella Ball on Saturday.
I would also like to thank everyone who came out for the last Jack of diamonds we had a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of new people, thank you all for being so patient and understanding.
Love you my friend, and its nice to see people speaking nicely on here. See you Friday!
the moose sux

Glasgow, VA

#132 Jul 22, 2009
I mean really sux!
WiseYuan

Beckley, WV

#133 Jul 23, 2009
Was the winning card drawn recently? Who won?
2-cents

Beckley, WV

#134 Jul 23, 2009
Yes it was drawn last week and a new game started tonight. The crowd was hoppin' just like every Thursday.
hoppin to leave

Hopewell, VA

#135 Jul 24, 2009
Everyone looked uptight. After the moneys gone everyone is hoppin to leave. Someone needs to straighten the Elks out and give the lazy ass Moose lodge a run for their money. That's what i'm hoppin'!
what u said

Beckley, WV

#136 Aug 6, 2009
all of ya get ya a six pack and stay home
jojo

United States

#137 Aug 9, 2009
i love the elvis wanna be at the moose does he get paid for his performance he is my pick of the old people
jojo

United States

#138 Aug 9, 2009
i love the elvis wanna- be at the moose he is my favorite old people i go with gramps just to see elvis
Hookus

Pineville, WV

#139 Oct 23, 2009
I joined recently, and am VERY satisfied with my decision. I've met many nice people there and had some wonderful food. If you want to see awful, go to the Mullens Moose. I drive 80 miles, round trip, and it's worth it for me. I also just drop in to dine. I love it. Keep going fellows. Some of my fellow members are going to transfer to there.
go elsewhere

Beckley, WV

#140 Oct 23, 2009
my spouse and I are also happy with our membership.The food is great and it's a fun place to watch sports. The people spreading rumors about mishandling funds are really slandering the administration. The Beckley Moose is not and has not been under investigation for any reason since Eddie took over. The people making these accusations are pissed because they aren't allowed to act like asses in the club. Hit and Run Band plays there tomorrow night. They are terrific and do music from the 70's and 80's. They are a great local band!

Pineville, WV

#141 Oct 23, 2009
go elsewhere wrote:
my spouse and I are also happy with our membership.The food is great and it's a fun place to watch sports. The people spreading rumors about mishandling funds are really slandering the administration. The Beckley Moose is not and has not been under investigation for any reason since Eddie took over. The people making these accusations are pissed because they aren't allowed to act like asses in the club. Hit and Run Band plays there tomorrow night. They are terrific and do music from the 70's and 80's. They are a great local band!
I may try to be there.

Pineville, WV

#142 Oct 23, 2009
My fiance was a member there first. I went, and felt so well recieved that I felt guilty to not pay dues. The food alone was a return on my dues money, and the service is superior. I found Mr. Hodge to be a man with his hand on the controls, as should be. After all, he is the administrator, and acts the role. I've never been happier with a Moose Lodge anywhere. You just don't know how lucky you guys really are. I do. I've been a member at other lodges. I really think the crying is from a VERY FEW people. Carry on guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
por rotten old man sucjs a crubaby wont never f... 2 hr Jerk 5
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 3 hr Jerk 14
malina thompson 3 hr Whocares 2
really aggravated with this county. 5 hr Janim 9
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 5 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,849
Woodrow Basketball team this year 6 hr Nay 130
Dr. Khiami (Aug '11) 6 hr straightEdge 34
Pugh Dead - Rizzi Charged. 16 hr ConcernedCitizen 17
More from around the web

Beckley People Search