Beckley Moose Club next to tumble
Yep

Beckley, WV

#243 Dec 24, 2009
Beckley Moose has a great building, but it's just not my cup of tea. I wish it had a younger crowd around 21-30, but moose events don't appeal to that age group
Toodles

Beckley, WV

#244 Dec 24, 2009
My boyfriend used to go to the moose, but he doesn't anymore. He said that is all their are gossipers, backbiters, and he wants no part of it.
Toodles

Beckley, WV

#245 Dec 24, 2009
there
how much longer

Mount Hope, WV

#246 Dec 24, 2009
How much more griping do we have to do to get the point across.'get rid of Eddie'!!Merry Chrirstmas!!
Homey Holmes

Pineville, WV

#247 Dec 29, 2009
how much longer wrote:
How much more griping do we have to do to get the point across.'get rid of Eddie'!!Merry Chrirstmas!!
EDDIE STAYS !!!! Why don't you get used to it, OR, move on. The Moose is growing, and the employees respect him. He acts like a man, and a gentleman. You should try it sometime.
observer

Rocky Mount, NC

#248 Dec 29, 2009
Hit and Run Band will play the New Year's Eve Party. They're a favorite local band. 300 guests are expected. If things are so bad, why are so many people paying to go to the party? I don't know Eddie all that well, but my family enjoys the Moose. To each his own. Happy New Year!
Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#249 Dec 29, 2009
observer wrote:
Hit and Run Band will play the New Year's Eve Party. They're a favorite local band. 300 guests are expected. If things are so bad, why are so many people paying to go to the party? I don't know Eddie all that well, but my family enjoys the Moose. To each his own. Happy New Year!
Because people want to go out and celebrate the new year . Beckley doesn't have much to offer for that night. Hit & Run is the best band they have had in months there . They need to bring back the good bands !!! simple
just me

Daniels, WV

#250 Dec 29, 2009
Hit & Run is a GREAT band. I have my tickets for the New Years Eve Dance. I understand it is a sellout! I'm very much looking forward to ringing in 2010 with my friends at the Beckley Moose Lodge.
hit and run

Mount Hope, WV

#251 Dec 29, 2009
sounds like another drunk episode outside of the moose lodge on new river drive new years eve! At midnight I'll HIT the sack that way I won't have to RUN from another drunk at the moose lodge! lol
Member of Old

Beckley, WV

#252 Dec 29, 2009
I trully wish that most of you would have been around during the best times of Beckley Moose Lodge. Those were the days of Ray Ward, Joe Yaya, Joe Rizzi, Vito Rizzi, Dillard Todd, Charlie Hambric and Joey Foster. Ray, Joe Rizzi and Joey Foster still come around however they do not have as much imput into things as they used too and I think that is where things go downhill. Dont get me wrong, I think if someone started something with Ray, Joe or Joey they would lose the battle in a quick hurry especially Joey Foster. From my understanding he has been an officer on about every level that could possibly ever be including International. Ray has also been and officer for well over 30 years and has also moved up in rank. For those of you that may not know these people, Ray Ward works the door sometimes, Joey Foster sells the tips behind the bar on Thursday night (I also seen and spoke with him during the membership party) and Joe Rizzi is just a social member now. You want a good lodge again? Then we should all talk Joey Foster, Ray Ward, Joe Rizzi, Norman Davis and some of the old ones who used to be in charge of things and get them to run for office again. I know that Ray Ward is still an officer but he has no support in things. You want to over rule Eddie Hodges? Get these folks back and then sit back and watch the Lodge grow in a good way.
Member of Old

Beckley, WV

#253 Dec 29, 2009
One final note, Eddie is a great Administrator. You should have seen some of them from the past. I was a member of Shady Spring Moose for over 3 years, before transferring to Beckley when they bought the place. I was there the day that Joey Foster, Charlie Parsons (I think was his name) and Dillard Todd came in and fired the Administrator there. I cannot remember all the details but I do remember that day. I know that all members were asked to please bring in there membership dues cards, or reciepts to prove they were a member because someone said that the Admin. was taking there dues (Rumors just like here). Eddie does a great job, he needs a team behind him, not you idiological idiots who THINK you know it all. GO EDDIE!
observer

Rocky Mount, NC

#254 Dec 30, 2009
You know, Hit and Run, it must be a huge burden to be perfect and able to judge everyone else! I don't drink, my spouse drinks very little....no one in my circle of friends will be drinking and driving.
let me inform you

Oak Hill, WV

#255 Dec 30, 2009
It is a fact that Connie is a felon and she spent time in Alderson penitentary and she is working in the office handling money. It is a fact that Judy Bragg stole from her former employer AND the Beckley Moose Lodge. Both were convicted of felonies. At the same time, there was another felon working in the kitchen as a cook. Joey Foster, Ray Ward and those mentioned were an asset to the Moose Lodge and still are an asset to the Beckley Moose Lodge. But, Eddie does not want no one to back him that is why he puts puppets in office. Look at the facts.

When they had Bingo, it was short every week. Three people could count the money and get the same figure but by the time it got to the office it was short.

Until the Moose takes a stand for what it was founded for, it is going to go downhill.

I have been there for some good times and good entertainment before things changed. When your dress code drops, you don't run background checks on the people you bring in, you allow people who have done wrong to continue to be a member - double standards don't cut it anymore. They say they have sold out for new years but they say that every year. Hopefully, you have a fantastic and safe new year.
bouncer

Beckley, WV

#256 Dec 31, 2009
A bunch of old people and you cant get along.
bouncer

Beckley, WV

#257 Jan 1, 2010
Thats crazy
observer

Beckley, WV

#258 Jan 1, 2010
Sorry, Bouncer.....I was there last night! The house was packed. The band was great! The food was good. There were people of all ages...though not many extremely young, which is understandable....but everyone had a blast! The only troublemaker,(one out of probably 250+ guests), was promptly removed! It was a great time!Sometimes, a good time is all about YOUR own attitude! Why the sour grapes?
let me inform you

United States

#259 Jan 1, 2010
the last thing we need is those from the old, we need new blood, Eddie is the best thing we have going for us now.he just needs to get baCK with the program an realize it is the members lodge not just his.as i stated before we are not doing anythi ng to welcome the youth or their parents, so why would they want to be members.without new blood the moose will dye out. the older members needs to get alone with the young.yes, there is a crowd on holidays but where are they weekly . there was a time when it was packed every fri. an sat. nights an they didn't leave after the drawing...they liked the atmosphere. we need that again.
no eddie means more money

Abingdon, VA

#260 Jan 1, 2010
Too much hanky panky with the old people and the money. They won't give younger members a chance because the older crowd keeps their hands in the til. Eddie is NOT the best thing goinG. Fact is...He needs to be going!
DOWOP

United States

#261 Jan 2, 2010
Member of Old wrote:
I trully wish that most of you would have been around during the best times of Beckley Moose Lodge. Those were the days of Ray Ward, Joe Yaya, Joe Rizzi, Vito Rizzi, Dillard Todd, Charlie Hambric and Joey Foster. Ray, Joe Rizzi and Joey Foster still come around however they do not have as much imput into things as they used too and I think that is where things go downhill. Dont get me wrong, I think if someone started something with Ray, Joe or Joey they would lose the battle in a quick hurry especially Joey Foster. From my understanding he has been an officer on about every level that could possibly ever be including International. Ray has also been and officer for well over 30 years and has also moved up in rank. For those of you that may not know these people, Ray Ward works the door sometimes, Joey Foster sells the tips behind the bar on Thursday night (I also seen and spoke with him during the membership party) and Joe Rizzi is just a social member now. You want a good lodge again? Then we should all talk Joey Foster, Ray Ward, Joe Rizzi, Norman Davis and some of the old ones who used to be in charge of things and get them to run for office again. I know that Ray Ward is still an officer but he has no support in things. You want to over rule Eddie Hodges? Get these folks back and then sit back and watch the Lodge grow in a good way.
i wasn't aware of joey foster ever being an officer of anything at the moose?? i know ray ward an i know he is a honest person,but do some background on joey foster... sorry mom but your comments don't carry NO WEIGHT with the members who knows the FACTS on this subject.
Former bartender

Beckley, WV

#262 Jan 2, 2010
Everyone needs to get a grip on things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 3 hr So_da_lish_us 7,798
Cvs. Beckley Eisenhower dr 10 hr Summer 6
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. 12 hr As IF 25
does anyone know -is dr. yee a good doctor? (Sep '12) Wed Curious 33
Fish Wed Mr Wendell 7
Fat women in leggings (Apr '15) Tue Ubotherme 22
Applebee’s coming back to Beckley new owners Tue oak hill 3

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages