Beckley Moose Club next to tumble
Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#223 Dec 9, 2009
wondering wrote:
why is it so easy to get a moose membership now? IT USED TO BE A FELON COULDNOT BE A MEMBER ,MUCH ELSE WORK THERE...also why can you go in there dressed like a bum when there used to be a dress code. this is a frateral orginization not a beer joint.wondering why a lot of the members have left, just go in an look around an you will see why.you can't eat lunch there for the smoke so come on members help us out ..lets get rid of some of this mess.wake up EDDIE take care of business.
This is the best post I have seen about the moos ina long time!!! Thnak you !!!
replace him

Oak Hill, WV

#224 Dec 10, 2009
Another one of the many reasons that Eddie has seen his better days!
BOOBOO

United States

#225 Dec 10, 2009
no, he don't need to be replaced ..just needs to follow the rules an regulations of the lodge..he is a very knowledgeable person an likeable .he has lost sight of what the lodge is supose to be about...just to get new members.
go elsewhere

Tarboro, NC

#226 Dec 10, 2009
Don't you guys get it? Memberships pay for the new building! I agree the dress code should be enforced. As for the "felons" being members or employees.....how do you know? I don't care enough about someone else's business to have that info first-hand. As for the smoke, there is a no-smoking section in back. The exhaust fans take care of the smoke very well; if they didn't, I wouldn't ever eat there! It is a private club, so it doesn't fall under the Health Dept.'s smoking ban.
Not Me

Pineville, WV

#227 Dec 10, 2009
BOOBOO wrote:
sorry i posted a comment using ''WONDERING''my mistake didn't know wondering was already on here..
That means you're two-faced. At least TWO, maybe more.
Not Me

Pineville, WV

#228 Dec 10, 2009
enough is enough wrote:
Lady if you enjoy going to the moose lodge for personal gratification in contrast with the house of the Lord than you have real issues.
One of you has issues. The moose is full of people. How many go to your church ? Maybe they don't want to face people like you.
BOOBOO

United States

#229 Dec 11, 2009
Not Me wrote:
<quoted text>That means you're two-faced. At least TWO, maybe more.
EXCUSE ME ...i don't think so, you need to get a life.
now I know

Oak Hill, WV

#230 Dec 13, 2009
After reading this post on the Beckley moose. I know that im not joining. My 3rd grader is more mature.
let me inform you

United States

#231 Dec 17, 2009
the moose is not for married people or couples who have problems in their relationships, it is a GREAT place to end a marriage, family and friendships. i understand that they are still renting the ballroom out. BIG NO NO ! or it used to be strictly against international by laws.

it does no good to complain to anyone. you either play by the house rules or SHUT UP! the only changes to be made are for the worst.

moose haven and moose heart are nothing but a farce to get money for local yocals to vote each other in, to climb a lowly social ladder to be big fishes in little ponds. moose heart had a few years back lost over 20 million dollars, doing what was not supposed to be done. one of the supreme govenors got a moose heart girl pregnant.

those who have been in the faternal order and ladies chapters for life, and involved in money in any way, i'll be willing to bet have fed clothed and educated their familes by stealing the lodges blind. if your interested in being involved, do not handle any money!!!! if you are new, you will be the one who is accused not the one is is secretary!! or that person who has been there for years.

if you want to help people, go their door and give to those in need as you deem fit. be true to yourself and yours. honest people do not belong , and are not wanted. they are trouble makers and will not last long. many before and many after have tried to make the moose a legit organization it has not happened yet.

someone mentioned felons as members. it was in the by laws it was not allowed , haven't been informed of any changes. I;d love to know how judy bragg, and connie are still members? let alone employed. i thought federal law prohibits felons to handle money, own a gun, or be around alcohol.

oh well,all they need is a pole and from what i saw sat. nite, drema's lost her spot to a new stripper wanna be. come on eddie tell the truth!
you've been told as with other administrators that if you want a bar, go down the road like at woodcrest and open it!!!!

gover
well put

Oak Hill, WV

#232 Dec 17, 2009
let me inform you wrote:
the moose is not for married people or couples who have problems in their relationships, it is a GREAT place to end a marriage, family and friendships. i understand that they are still renting the ballroom out. BIG NO NO ! or it used to be strictly against international by laws.
it does no good to complain to anyone. you either play by the house rules or SHUT UP! the only changes to be made are for the worst.
moose haven and moose heart are nothing but a farce to get money for local yocals to vote each other in, to climb a lowly social ladder to be big fishes in little ponds. moose heart had a few years back lost over 20 million dollars, doing what was not supposed to be done. one of the supreme govenors got a moose heart girl pregnant.
those who have been in the faternal order and ladies chapters for life, and involved in money in any way, i'll be willing to bet have fed clothed and educated their familes by stealing the lodges blind. if your interested in being involved, do not handle any money!!!! if you are new, you will be the one who is accused not the one is is secretary!! or that person who has been there for years.
if you want to help people, go their door and give to those in need as you deem fit. be true to yourself and yours. honest people do not belong , and are not wanted. they are trouble makers and will not last long. many before and many after have tried to make the moose a legit organization it has not happened yet.
someone mentioned felons as members. it was in the by laws it was not allowed , haven't been informed of any changes. I;d love to know how judy bragg, and connie are still members? let alone employed. i thought federal law prohibits felons to handle money, own a gun, or be around alcohol.
oh well,all they need is a pole and from what i saw sat. nite, drema's lost her spot to a new stripper wanna be. come on eddie tell the truth!
you've been told as with other administrators that if you want a bar, go down the road like at woodcrest and open it!!!!
gover
I was never kicked out but let my membership expire. I have never been treated so poorly by a group of social wannabes. Eddie is problem number one. He may have administrative skills but his people skills are a zero.
enough

Beckley, WV

#233 Dec 17, 2009
my point exactly wrote:
The whole damn organazation is corrupt. When you see the large amounts of money going into the wrong pockets, no wonder no one agrees on anything. As far as only 10 people showing up for karaoke, stop karaoke. Who wants to hear the same old hens wining. This is not the standard of entertainment the Moose deserves. Eddie needs to get a grip on the place or leave. Shit talkers and corruption is all that's there. Maybe he can resign like Sara Palin did and they could run off to Florida together.
This is so true like McClung,Lionell Ritchie everytime he goes up there to sing,,and he can't even sing,he thinks he is a star,please.It's the Moose!!
Get real bands,and maybe it will be a fun place,and the little groups,grow up,be a lil friendly!!And the shag club oh me....
JUST DO SOMETHING POSITIVE INSTEAD OF IT BEING A JOKE AND A GOSSIP PIT...DON'T WASTE A GREAT BUILDING!!
I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT WAS SAID BEFORE ME..THANK YOU!
local sophia citizen

United States

#234 Dec 18, 2009
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true like McClung,Lionell Ritchie everytime he goes up there to sing,,and he can't even sing,he thinks he is a star,please.It's the Moose!!
Get real bands,and maybe it will be a fun place,and the little groups,grow up,be a lil friendly!!And the shag club oh me....
JUST DO SOMETHING POSITIVE INSTEAD OF IT BEING A JOKE AND A GOSSIP PIT...DON'T WASTE A GREAT BUILDING!!
I love the Moose. My group and I take ballroom dance classes on Frday nights and we attend the Moose sometimes on saturday nights to keep in practice. We have no problems with the music or the people there. The DJ is really nice and the bands are good.

A few of the bands could have been better, but all in all it is a good place to gather with friends for a nice time.If anyone has a problem, go somewhere else.

Keep up the good work Justin!!! And Kudos to the Moose!!
Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#235 Dec 18, 2009
Kudos to Justin !!! He is a good DJ. But stop the karaoke. Do need more good bands like in the years past. Why not bring some good old regulars back ?
Shag

Beckley, WV

#236 Dec 18, 2009
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
The Shag club needs to shag more and gossip less.
DOWOP

United States

#237 Dec 18, 2009
local sophia citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the Moose. My group and I take ballroom dance classes on Frday nights and we attend the Moose sometimes on saturday nights to keep in practice. We have no problems with the music or the people there. The DJ is really nice and the bands are good.
A few of the bands could have been better, but all in all it is a good place to gather with friends for a nice time.If anyone has a problem, go somewhere else.
Keep up the good work Justin!!! And Kudos to the Moose!!
thats just it...the only ones that did any thing is gone an they cared aboutevery body not just a select few.during that time they wanted every one to join in the activities including the children , always something to do.where r these people now, they were the backbone ,if there was a problem it was taken care of.until those ppl comes back it will remain the same...an if it hadn't been for some of those members there would be no LINEDANCING, AN WHO WENT TO BAT FOR U WHEN THEY TRYED TO GET RID OF ''WHAT THEY CALLED THE MOOCHERS''.
let me inform u

United States

#238 Dec 18, 2009
karaoke does not need to stop, we got a band nite that's sat. if it was run properly it would be like it was when it was started, at that time u couldn't get in there on fri.nite...the only family they want is employee's..they do nothing for the youth but wants their membership when they r old enough if there is any pat on the back it should be the members ,they pay the bills... not EDDIE,
out of towner

AOL

#239 Dec 21, 2009
I was a guest at the moose this past week and was surprized to see how little respect the members have for the officers and the administrator let alone the new lodge that was built for them. I think a lot of the problems lie in the members not the administration. Respect each other, respect the by-laws of the moose, if you have a complaint take it through the proper channels, in this lodge we are supposed to be family orginization, i did not see much of this, frankly i will be glad to get back to my lodge where we respect. Good luck beckly lodge, you are going to need it.
starts at the top

Oak Hill, WV

#240 Dec 21, 2009
As a former member I disagree. I was treated with total disrespect. I had respect for the moose and its administration until the administrator treated me like dirt. I work hard in the community, raise my kids here, pay my taxes here. The problem with the Beckley Moose Lodge starts at the TOP. Thank you!
let me inform you

Mount Hope, WV

#241 Dec 24, 2009
dear out of towner. i am so sorry that you did not visit our lodge a few years back. everyone was welcome, well recieved, and welcomed back.
you stated that members should go through proper chanels. What a JOKE. JIm Hale is a liar, and so are the rest of the big fishes in their little ponds, starting from international to the bottom. corruption, on all levels. members have NO recourse, it's pay up and shut up. at one time, beckley moose 1606 was one of the top lodges, and then the administration from chicogo to charleston have let abominations, and whoredoms, slide. like the one said if you don't like it. leave. well. the best, hardest workers, and family oriented members HAVE left and as a result, all lodges are on the decline. women do not like being told by new male members tell them the only reason they joined was to find women.

it is not the members who are at fault. it is the administration. how would you like it if you spouce was inside the lodge with a member of the opposite sex having an affair, and when YOU went to the lodge were barred from coming in because your spouse was being given the right to commit adultry. we have been afraid to attend for fear of being shot by disgruntled spouses. thank you eddie for giving beckley such a GOOD NAME.
Jerry Hussan

Beckley, WV

#242 Dec 24, 2009
Dont McGraw, Moye and Berryman hang out at the MOOSE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
auto detailing (Nov '10) 36 min Pure and clean 6
Fat women in leggings (Apr '15) 38 min Observer 12
Fatal Shooting in Redden Ridge 1 hr disgusted1 6
Missing Chaz Richardson from Surveyor 1 hr Well 3
Zika virus 4 hr Lynnie 1
News McDowell County assistant prosecutor admits to ... 4 hr Alien 2
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 12 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,074
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages