Comments
61 - 80 of 279 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2012
Concerned Fan

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Aug 17, 2012
 
oldfan wrote:
Played college basketball but never any fb (was to skinny) but ive been around alot of college level sports to know whati see! Iwatched the Park Beckley stratton game last year and was impressed on the level at whiched they played.
I heard that Steve Kidd, Dale Stafford and a couple of midget league coaches were the best coaches in Beckley.
Dick

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Aug 17, 2012
 
Best coach in the area is culicerto at shady by far....I like Kidd as well
Stevie Kidd Dale Stafford

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Aug 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dick wrote:
Best coach in the area is culicerto at shady by far....I like Kidd as well
Absolutely not!!! Culicerto played double AA and single A teams with basically a triple AAA school. Until he can start winning against triple AAA teams that have the same number of boys at the school instead of beating on teams that can barely field a team I will reserve giving the best coach title to him. Last time I checked he has not won any state championships. I agree with the poster who like Dale Stafford and Stevie Kidd. Look at what Stafford put together at Beckley stratton. He took Hunt's abyssmal record at BEST and completely turned it around over night. Stevie Kidd has done nothing but win at Park year after year. Both of these guys are winners.
eagles

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Aug 18, 2012
 
oldfan wrote:
AMEN ,to eagles comments!The two middle schools will exicute thier plays better than the high school.Get the get rid of of Lilly signs out in the yards.Go by Zafs place and pick them up!
Does Zaferatos really have these signs because I will get some?
oldfan

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Aug 18, 2012
 
Dont know Kidd or Stafford on a first name bases but do know that the community loves the way they run their respective program.Mr Kidd would be a great head coach for our local highschool.
eagles

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Aug 18, 2012
 
Concerned Fan wrote:
I'll agree that Cole could play safety or either linebacker. He is still taller, faster and stronger than Troy. LOL!!! I know for a fact that Chase Hancock is the best linebacker on that team and i heard that he may be a safety lol!!!
The question remains why is Chanse Hancock at safety. Lilly has moved Hancock to make a place for his son at linebacker. This is a pattern of behavior that Lilly has demonstrated to showcase his sons at the expense of more deserving players. Max was not the best center on the team, he couldnt even hike the ball to the QB's hands. Yet, he started over other players. Max was the worst linebacker and was repeatedly run over and picked on yet he started over other players.
Fast forward to this year and Lilly's other son is getting preferential treatment over a player way more deserving. Changing the position of a player like Hancock shows the blatant disregard that Coach Lilly has for the well being of the other players on the team. He would sell his soul to the devil to get his sons in the spotlight. In the end it bites him in the butt. Just like the lies that he told everyone that his son was an all state caliber linebacker. The boy couldnt even walk on at concord and carry water bottles. Now Lilly AGAIN has given him a preferred job coaching players that he played with just a year ago. The players do not respect Max because they see this for what it is. Woodrow needs to make changes immediately .
eagleforever

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Aug 18, 2012
 
The truth of the matter is that its not the preferred job by coaches anymore because lilly is there.Name me a coach on his staff that really knows fb?the fact is they have been hired because nobody ealse applied!!People are not lineing up tocoach for him.The black coaches are being used by the man to keep piece.Check history and you will notice that after Mr. Rhodes had him investigated is when he started a new game plan.These guys are great coaches but if youreally look you will notice he doesnt let anyone them do anything.THERE ISNT A PREFFERED FOOTBALL JOB AT WWHS AND LILLY IS THE REASON! dont give chash give checks
Concerned fan

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Aug 18, 2012
 
eagles wrote:
<quoted text>
The question remains why is Chanse Hancock at safety. Lilly has moved Hancock to make a place for his son at linebacker. This is a pattern of behavior that Lilly has demonstrated to showcase his sons at the expense of more deserving players. Max was not the best center on the team, he couldnt even hike the ball to the QB's hands. Yet, he started over other players. Max
was the worst linebacker and was repeatedly run over and picked on yet he started over o
Fast forward to this year and Lilly's other son igetting preferential treatment over a player waymore deserving. Changing the position ofplayer like Hancock shows the that Coach Lillyhas for the well being of the othteam. He would sell his soul to the devilto get his sons the spotlight. In the end it bites him in the butt. Juslike the lies that he told everyone that his sonwas an all state caliber linebacker. The boycouldnt even walk on at concord and carrywater bottles. Now Lilly AGAIN hasgivenhim a preferred job coaching players thathe plawithjust a year ago. The players donorespectMax because they see this for whatis. Woodrow needs to make changes immediately .


I've researched this football situation and found out that one of the best coaches in area can't coach because he is not a teacher. Steve kidd and both Dale Stafford are also great coaches. But I heard that there programs didn't get successful until the last 3 or 4 years, this is when his kids started entering the middle levels. Supposedly this coach went 5 years undefeated and fed both Middle Schools with skilled and coached talent. Woodrows best chance of winning a state championship was last year. And we would of needed Pennington, Bucket Head and Gaston Smith to have been onthat roster. We have the worst coaching staff in the state! Why can't Kidd, Stafford and whoever coached the kids and made them great athletes be our High School coaches. My vote would be for Kidd to be the head coach, the Kidds in general have been successful in everything they do. I Agee that Lilly is destroying our football program. "We have our best athletes walking the halls." This was lilly's quote!!! I now know the reason. They would rather do nothing than play for him. I heard that Chase Hancock has been a great linebacker since he first started playing football. How in the heck does Lilly justify this switch?
justify

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Aug 18, 2012
 
Concerned fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've researched this football situation and found out that one of the best coaches in area can't coach because he is not a teacher. Steve kidd and both Dale Stafford are also great coaches. But I heard that there programs didn't get successful until the last 3 or 4 years, this is when his kids started entering the middle levels. Supposedly this coach went 5 years undefeated and fed both Middle Schools with skilled and coached talent. Woodrows best chance of winning a state championship was last year. And we would of needed Pennington, Bucket Head and Gaston Smith to have been onthat roster. We have the worst coaching staff in the state! Why can't Kidd, Stafford and whoever coached the kids and made them great athletes be our High School coaches. My vote would be for Kidd to be the head coach, the Kidds in general have been successful in everything they do. I Agee that Lilly is destroying our football program. "We have our best athletes walking the halls." This was lilly's quote!!! I now know the reason. They would rather do nothing than play for him. I heard that Chase Hancock has been a great linebacker since he first started playing football. How in the heck does Lilly justify this switch?
. Who will make him justify it????
Teacher

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Aug 18, 2012
 
I dont chime in much on here but I saw someone comment on Jim Martin being at your school. From the sounds of it your coach is an improvement over him. He had zero success coaching Mount Hope, zero at Midland Trail, a few good games at Oak hill. Those were because he had great players from midget league/middle school come thru. Anyone can win a few with the right group of boys. That to me is not ability. All he and his family did was talk about how much they hated WV. He left with to NC, had zero success there. WWHS used to be one of the mot respected football/basketball programs in the state. Good luck and I hope you all get back in that place again.
eagles

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Aug 18, 2012
 
Chase Hancock was moved to safety because Lilly knows that the linebacker position is a position that can win a player the kennedy or huff award. There was a player from WWHS that won it and had the most tackles in the state. He wants his son to win that award so bad to justify his greatness as a coach. Just look at how he rides on Legursky's jock all of the time. If you listened to Lilly you would think that it was Lilly that did all of that blocking at Marshall and all the weightlifting. Legursky's mom and dad need the credit for the genetics (height and weight) and Legursky for the desire and hard work. Lilly's son will not be a great linebacker at WWHS he is going to be run over and picked on. Chase Hancock will still get his tackles and so will the rest of the boys on the team despite Lilly's switch.
eagleforever

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Aug 18, 2012
 
saw the grid 2night at charleston and yes ww won and yes winfield wont win a game this year so u draw your on conclussion.
eagle05

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Aug 18, 2012
 
My son played for stafford ,kidd,sarret.cooper.and when even play mr.lambert so know these men.Ispoke with coach stafford about the independence job back in the summer and he said hes happy were hes @ but he said he would love 2 get back at wwhs one day and would jump at a chance to work under kid or sarrett if it every came 2 be
eagles

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Aug 18, 2012
 
eagle05 wrote:
My son played for stafford ,kidd,sarret.cooper.and when even play mr.lambert so know these men.Ispoke with coach stafford about the independence job back in the summer and he said hes happy were hes @ but he said he would love 2 get back at wwhs one day and would jump at a chance to work under kid or sarrett if it every came 2 be
lets make this happen! Can you image having stafford, sarrett and kidd at wwhs at the same time. Each one of these guys is injecting positivity and enthusiasm into their coaching because they care about the kids first and the game second. The last thing on their minds is promoting their own sons or hurting another kid. They love their craft and teaching the fundamentals of the game is what is important. The tutelage and life lessons learned on the grid iron will last with their players for a lifetime. Lets make this happen.
eagles

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Aug 18, 2012
 
eagleforever wrote:
saw the grid 2night at charleston and yes ww won and yes winfield wont win a game this year so u draw your on conclussion.
We need more facts. If winfield is that bad we cant draw a conclusion without knowing the score. How bad did WWHS beat them. Once we know the score we can tell how far off we are from them. South Charleston beat us 21 to zip in the first scrimmage. I heard we beat winfield 21 to 12 but not sure. I heard the scatback Edwards scored on a couple broken plays for woodrow.
cool

Linthicum Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Aug 18, 2012
 
I played there when Kidd Stafford and sarrett were asst coaches. They know football and love beckley football bring them back and I'll put money on beckley getting a title.
eagle05

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Aug 19, 2012
 
Dick wrote:
Best coach in the area is culicerto at shady by far....I like Kidd as well
watched them scrimmage bluefield friday and let me tell you him and his staff where way out thier league.the greart qb went 3/4 out of 16/17passes and cant run a lick,hell he cant even move the pocket he is so slow.they should get wwhs on the schedule so 1 of our local team could win a game.
oldfan

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Aug 19, 2012
 
If you talk to the Legursky family they will tell you that coach Street Sarrett is the one that helped develope him into the person he is today!Not J.H. lilly ! its real funny that last year at one time at zafs place he was having a metting with local business men and women about getting rid of the coach and the next week they were doing a radio show with lilly?Get the signs out eary!
oldfan

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Aug 19, 2012
 
Concerned fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've researched this football situation and found out that one of the best coaches in area can't coach because he is not a teacher. Steve kidd and both Dale Stafford are also great coaches. But I heard that there programs didn't get successful until the last 3 or 4 years, this is when his kids started entering the middle levels. Supposedly this coach went 5 years undefeated and fed both Middle Schools with skilled and coached talent. Woodrows best chance of winning a state championship was last year. And we would of needed Pennington, Bucket Head and Gaston Smith to have been onthat roster. We have the worst coaching staff in the state! Why can't Kidd, Stafford and whoever coached the kids and made them great athletes be our High School coaches. My vote would be for Kidd to be the head coach, the Kidds in general have been successful in everything they do. I Agee that Lilly is destroying our football program. "We have our best athletes walking the halls." This was lilly's quote!!! I now know the reason. They would rather do nothing than play for him. I heard that Chase Hancock has been a great linebacker since he first started playing football. How in the heck does Lilly justify this switch?
dont know what midget leage coach but i do no you dont have to be a teacher to coach! the shady coach has his brother out helping him and hes not a teacher .max lilly is coaching and he is not a teacher so m not sure where your getting your info from but its incorrect.
bettysue

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Aug 19, 2012
 
eagles wrote:
<quoted text>
We need more facts. If winfield is that bad we cant draw a conclusion without knowing the score. How bad did WWHS beat them. Once we know the score we can tell how far off we are from them. South Charleston beat us 21 to zip in the first scrimmage. I heard we beat winfield 21 to 12 but not sure. I heard the scatback Edwards scored on a couple broken plays for woodrow.
Facts the best rb in winfields history is at cm which we play by the way,if left because he was the only real player on the team! the line was madeup of new kids that has very littleto no exrerience .they will not win one single game.saw s charleston which beat us by 3 tds and the looked like a middle school team compared to s.valley c. midland .g w capital ..get ready for some ass whippins !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min fitness-guru 53,646
Shelly Sopher 20 min MEOW 4
rUsSiA 31 min cgi_46 710
Has everybody gone nuts? 38 min Lesson Learned 1
President Obama and Russia 57 min dunadd 16
BTI spraying (Feb '10) 1 hr sammy sinbad 8
rachel simmons 1 hr hammer time 1
Beat you to your conspiracy: White flag 2 hr Lesson Learned 60
boston beanery 4 hr sistersalvation 34
beckley Police Dept 6 hr Julius 67
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••