Pinecrest Hospital
Terrible Idea

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 23, 2009
Has anyone noticed the new signs at Pinecrest Hospital? They have been working on them all week and today I noticed they were saying the hospital is now the Jackie Withrow Care Center (or something like that). I was so angry I didn't catch the last part. I remember this being discussed years ago---and wrote letters of protest to all involved parties. This hospital is a Beckley landmark. WHY would anyone want to re-name something which has been here for so many years. People have memories from the time when it housed TB patients. Pinecrest always has been here and will continue to be here in the future. I'm sure Mrs. Withrow did wonderful things for this county. Name the Pinecrest auditorium or cafeteria after her. Please don't try to re-name one of our landmarks.
Old-timer

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 23, 2009
I agree. This looks like another one of Barry O'Bamma's stimulus jobs. It is getting America working---one week at a time!
Dayle

Beckley, WV

#3 Nov 25, 2009
I know...I still call it Pinecrest though. I just cant get used to it. I definately miss the name. Its wrong to change it after so many years.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 25, 2009
They can put whatever sign they want to on it but the locals will still call it Pinecrest because that's what we grew up knowing it as.
meagan

Tarboro, NC

#5 Jun 4, 2010
I agree. Everyone will continue calling it pinecrest, so it was stupid of them to change the sign.The name will forever be Pinecrest Hospital!!
Anonymous

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jun 12, 2010
I use 2 work there and they re named it cuz that jackie chick wuz dyin and her fam wanted it renamed in her honer cuz she donated a bunch of money some time ago
Jenn

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Jun 12, 2010
Have they started housing inmates there yet? Talk about a great idea. House inmates with vulnerable elderly and mentally handicapped folks. How'd they sneak that past?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miner scare 31 min Thoughts 1
Who thinks that the manager of kitchen collecti... 1 hr ChickenSh_t 4
enterprise rent a car (Jun '12) 1 hr call the Police 6
Beckley VA 1 hr Steak 6
bible belt is loosening 1 hr Diggler 20
transgendered FREAK at sheetz 2 hr Randal 12
Does anyone know where Anita Adkins went after ... 2 hr Need a new Doctor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages