school bus drivers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cars

Roanoke, VA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
I assure you it's NOT ignorance . All traffic decisions are made by the driver to benefit the safety of students. Period.
I'm a bus driver. I can remember years ago being stuck in traffic behind a bus feeling the SAME way you did. It wasn't until I started driving a bus myself (KILLER job) that I began to understand the MASSIVE responsibility that a bus driver has. I TRY MY BEST to be mindful of other drivers (and their schedule), but the safety of my students come first.
But that's just me.....
1 post removed
Boohoo

Princeton, WV

#4 Jan 29, 2013
I would imagine pulling on and off the road would be more of a danger for the students than just making you wait. I would imagine there is a lot of blind spots on a school bus. Making it hard to continually pull the bus back onto the road without injurying students and possibly killing another driver or possible pedestrian. Plus, their focus from the noise and rowdiness of kids is distraction enough, and I would imagine trying to surivive a trip with the heathen children of today is enough to worry about, much less your schedule. How about this, leave earlier or later. Nobody gives a flying crap about your schedule. Your temper tantrum tells me that you're mentally far to young to have a liscense.
Mom

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2013
The safety of kids is more important than traffic the bus driver goal is there safety so just deal with it or leave earlier. How would u feal if someone got kill that u care about cause someone didn't. Do there job the way they were supposed to

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Would it really matter if they pulled to the side of the road, because you are not supposed to pass a stopped school bus anyway?? Some kids have to cross in front of buses when they get off.
I'm not understanding the issue visualized here. It is just a known fact: school is in session, be prepared to stop for buses :)
1 post removed

Level 7

Beckley, WV

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Ummm, what's that about??
3 posts removed
slow down

Beckley, WV

#12 Jan 30, 2013
r3dstar wrote:
Why do area bus drivers hold up traffic with no regard to traffic behind them? There is no reason for a bus driver to look in thier rear view mirror and see a long line of cars wrapped a mile behind them.
Is it laziness? Your getting paid by us, move your bus to the side and let people pass. I can understand 2 or 3 cars, but not 15 and more. Is it ignorance? No excuse.
bus number 180 passed me in crab orchard in the 45 mph zone doing at least 60 mph. i wish i was exemp from speeding tickets.

Level 7

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Backwoods Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you don't have a fricking clue about what people are talking about. Apparently you don't live in the country and get behind a school bus stopping every 100 yards down an 8 miles stretch of road. There are courteous ones that do pull over, but some just fricking need to be ass jacked for not pulling over once they have 20 cars lined up behind them.
No, I don't live in the 'country', I live in the "big glorious city of Beckley" (Beckley Topix), where we take side roads if we don't wish to be stuck behind a bus KnowN to make several stops on one road. Nope. I did not understand the scenario in which the initiator had a gripe with, only the bus norms here, hence the phrase, " I'm not understanding the issue visualized here." DUH!

:)
1 post removed

“Ain't you got a jack?”

Level 5

Since: Nov 11

Deepest Darkest Appalachia

#15 Jan 30, 2013
I have a different question: Why are there no more community bus stops? Does anyone know?
Shane

Beckley, WV

#16 Jan 30, 2013
I think many of our bus drivers are extremely inconsiderate. The bus gives them a little power and they love it. Try getting in or out of Woodrow during bus times. They'll hold up a line of cars to let one of their own out.
here we go

Beckley, WV

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Very simple: Fear of litigation. The bus stops at every driveway and doorstep, because if lil Johnny were to stub his toe on the way to the bus stop, his lazy-azz parents would sue every angency they and a smarmy lawyer could think of.
Boohoo

Bluefield, WV

#18 Jan 30, 2013
r3dstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, looks like I touched a nerve. You must be one of those ignorant bus drivers. I'm sorry your uneducated and dumb. It's precisely this type of ignorant, inconsiderate hick mentality that you people have around here. Ok, how's this: you may not give a crap about mine or anyone else's schedule, and that's fine. It shows. But you'll need help one day, and your mentality I hope no one helps you. You make me sick and I honestly hope you kill yourself. The world would be so much better off without you.
Point Proven! I don't know of any bus drivers nor am I am one. I obviously touched a nerve with you. Learning that the world doesn't revolve around you must be a real blow. Before you get all touchy and sad and have another whitty comeback like, "ohhh then you must have kids on a bus", no I don't. Sorry I love me far to much to kill myself. You should actually watch what you say, that line could come back to haunt you. With todays "weak people", that could get you serious jail time if someone were to actually commit suicide by your suggestions and encouragement. I hope you get held up every day of your life. It would be awesome! Waaaa booohooo. You are a crybaby bc nobody cares about ur schedule. Cry a little more. Daddys dick needs sucked....get to sucking inbred. Im done here, your opinions are irrelevent, just like your schedule. I do not argue with worthless and petty people such as yourself. I would say "with any luck, maybe one of those buses re entering the road way will run you over", but seeing how that could easy injure children and others...I wouldn't want that to happen to them, could careless about you.

“Save me!!!!!!!!”

Level 8

Since: May 09

raysal

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Well better safe than sorry!
Someone has to die first

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2013
One day someone will pass the bus and somebody will be killed. That's the day when they will talk about doing something about it and consider letting traffic pass by.
1 post removed
Cars

Richmond, VA

#22 Jan 31, 2013
Someone has to die first wrote:
One day someone will pass the bus and somebody will be killed. That's the day when they will talk about doing something about it and consider letting traffic pass by.
Lol! Just when I think I have read the dumbest post EVER, you post this.
No, the will NEVER talk about that! The IDIOT that passed the bus and hit the kid will go to jail for the rest of his life. If its one of MY kids the driver hits, the cops better hurry, because there might not be anything left of the IDIOT driver by the time they get there.
What a STUPID post
1 post removed
Cars

Richmond, VA

#24 Jan 31, 2013
r3dstar wrote:
Well it's just as I had assumed but I had hoped to be proved wrong on... These bus drivers are loons and idiots. You just can't fix stupid.
You are correct. Your stupid cannot be fixed. Until then, leave 10 minutes early to avoid getting behind the bus.
2 posts removed
Always eating out

Beckley, WV

#27 Jan 31, 2013
r3dstar wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are you benefitting the safety of your students by having cars as far as you can see behind your bus? How are you putting the lives of your students at risk by simply pulling to the side of the road when the roadway permits to let them pass? Not trying to be smart, it's just I honestly don't see the safety connection your trying to illustrate.
So dummies like you don't pass a bus and hit a child that might run out past the bus not knowing that cars are going by. Anyone that would make such a stupid comment must not have kids or care about other peoples kids. Just in a hurry to get where they are going...should start earlier.
1 post removed
For the record

United States

#29 Jan 31, 2013
You can pass a bus legally when he is stopped, doesn't have his sign out and you don't have the yellow line.
For the record

United States

#30 Jan 31, 2013
For the record wrote:
You can pass a bus legally when he is stopped, doesn't have his sign out and you don't have the yellow line.
Same applies if he is moving.
driver

Beckley, WV

#31 Feb 1, 2013
I know over on Maple Fork they are several stops less then 80 feet apart. I never could understand why they just merge them as one stop. After all the distance is only 1 house apart. With having those stops it does take over 15min. just to go thru 1 mile of the road.
For the record

United States

#32 Feb 1, 2013
Just like everything else, I bet this comes down to funding to build wide spots occasionally along the road. Just look at the existing shoulder now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Glenn and his 12 year old GIRLFRIEND 19 min Pedo Buster 1
Companies & People Denounce C Flag 30 min Producer 67
What is this world coming to? 37 min Wolf Man 81
Khols Bald Maintenance Guy 2 hr JCnB 18
Nam 2 hr Shootist 16
lions den ghent, wv (Feb '14) 2 hr Hossone 48
4 15" Memphis pr subwoofers + Box for sale (Sep '10) 3 hr danny wean 15
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE