High-Yield Checking Accounts: Know the Rules

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#1 Jan 8, 2013
After first looking into what the recent expiration of the Dodd-Frank Deposit Insurance Provision on the FDIC's website means, I moved on to discover that I haven't really known the freaking rules attached to my main checking account. I don't like what I'm reading. But, I'm passing this along in case anyone else with a high-yield checking account is interested in knowing some pretty stinking stuff that they may have not been aware of either. There's a good chance it's just me, but a lot of deception's involved here...

High-Yield Checking Accounts: Know the Rules

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/examinations/...
1 post removed
further point

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 9, 2013
I almost went for an account at a bank along Rte. 16 in Crab Orchard til I found out about the top limit of paying the higher interest rate. Just didn't seem worth the hassle of those required debit purchases to get the high interest rate on a lower part of the balance. I thought they had told me on the phone the rate would apply to the entire balance, which I thought was worth jumping through their hoops. Any other banks have a better deal?

You mentioned expiration of FDIC provisions. They haven't dropped the amount of coverage back to 100k have they?

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 9, 2013
numerous bank accounts help :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Cares 15 min Jake 316
Is WV a state 20 min DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 10
can anyone tell me if rachel simmons is living ... 34 min DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 5
Potholes at Beckley Shopping Centers. 35 min Fix a hole 3
appalachia towing 51 min Jimmy Smitts 4
wendys near kfc 1 hr huh 5
Mountaineer Core and Recycling 2 hr Tin can Dan 2
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]