Beckley, WV

#41 Apr 12, 2009
i have worked in the mines for 9 years now, 2 at I.c.g. yes i don't care much for Eddie but i have worked for worse and would never tell someone too not to come to I.c.g. because of him.the only bad thing there is that it is a very gassy mines, but everyone does there best to keep the ventilation maintained, you have too... i just think some of these complainers needs to find a new profession if Eddie is that tough on them.i think that they should join the marines and learn what the real meaning of being treated like dirt is...i served and sacrificed and i know what dirt feels like. wish everone could feel the pride and decipline i learned from the Marines,but i have the same feeling from being a coal miner now, all i can say is suck it up!!!life is what you make it!!
Level 3

Since: Nov 08

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#42 Apr 13, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by 1 Mr. Eddie Burrell only 8 hours ago. he was here people we can still get to him. STOP BEING A JERK EDDIE STOP BEING A JERK
none

Beckley, WV

#43 Apr 13, 2009
we do not need a union rep at our minings, we have good formans ,that work very hard to keep you all working/job .like eddie ,he is a good man
Level 3

#44 Apr 14, 2009
wow thats psycho!
anonymous

Beckley, WV

#45 Apr 14, 2009
it sounds an awful lot like "member" has a desk job at icg. hey buddy, it's really easy to tell someone to "suck it up" when u push a pencil and ur not taking any verbal abuse. i bet ur a member of management at this operation, and like all the others, you don't have a clue that if you took a poll, then you would find out about 95% of the workers at this company have probably taken some form af verbal abuse from this guy "eddie". there is a better way to handle employees without being rude and obnoxious.
my advice to eddie; u should take these comments under consideration, and rethink ur management practices, also it sounds as if you need to learn some people skills. u can be firm with employees, but be fair and treat them with respect. lead by example, and you will gain a loyal following from these men.
my advice to the workers; there is a better way to handle this guy than bringing in the union. it sounds like maybe u need to have a meeting with higher ranking company officials, tell them your problem. u will be suprised at the managers out there who actually consider the interests of their employees. but, if this is a family run operation and eddie is part of the family, then it sounds like u have a real problem. there is a lot of considering to do before u bring in the union. first of all union operations are usually the first to close down when times are hard. is that what u really want? do you want to weaken this company by adding higher cost and lower production? secondly, the reason the umwa is a dying organization is that they stopped caring for their members, and started caring more for the organization a long time ago. i hear so many stories of men who just can't seem to get their 20 years in so they can lock permanent benefits. do you think that is a coincidence? if these men can't get out what they paid in, then where is the money for dues and assessments going? just a few thoughts to throw out there before anyone makes any rash decisions.
anomious

Oak Hill, WV

#46 Apr 14, 2009
the mitey union is comin,an icg..at massey,look out!!!!!!!!!!
showtime

Oak Hill, WV

#47 Apr 17, 2009
does any one want to be my union brother???????
DOWN TO EARTH MINER

United States

#48 Apr 17, 2009
its a good place to work its very hard out there for all familys rite now with the way the coal market is
people like to bitch about icgs management because there either lazy or have taken orders issues
icg is a great place for anybody to work
no matter where you go SAME OLD HOLE IN THE GROUND
quit putting icg down eddie cant help hes a arrogant ass and his son is the same way
your truely a miner that works there
Toll booth worker

Beckley, WV

#49 Apr 18, 2009
I hope you guys aren't talking about the Eddie Burrell I know. He is one of the finest men I know. He used to work at Kingston mines. I had one miner tell me at one point that he may not tell you what you want to hear, but it is what you need to hear. From what I hear that mines is very gassy. Maybe he might just keep your guy's asses from being blown up. I don't know about his son, but hopefully the saying is true that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
none

Beckley, WV

#50 Apr 18, 2009
you got it toll booth worker,people need to be thankful that they even have a job,and food on there table.everywhere u work theres always sum,that r cry babies,thats not going to change.icg needs more people like eddie to keep people straight and save working conditions,
just someone

Lubbock, TX

#51 Apr 20, 2009
My father and his father worked at Eccles years ago. My father is still underground in a mines in a mines in Charleston. Soon, he will need work, but won't work there. He said there is so much gas there that he won't step foot in the place. He said it is another mine accident waiting to happen.
from someone who knows

Beckley, WV

#52 Apr 24, 2009
I agree. It's dangerous for anyone who works there. All you can do if you do decide to work there is hope and pray somebody knows what they are doing. There is alot of gas, but life is all about choices, they pay good. It's anyone's decision on whether to work there or not. It is a good place to work.
Rod

Tarboro, NC

#53 Apr 24, 2009
Eddie is not the only butt hole there Tommy McClung is the Mine Foreman and he does not know his butt from a hole in the ground he would not have his job if it wasn't for his Father in Law Richey Henderson.
Amazed

Findlay, OH

#54 Apr 27, 2009
it is very funny that a person has so much time to "be little" the people he works for. i have worked for the McClung guy before, he was always fair and was good at what he done. the thing about him working for his father-in-law is i have worked for him for years and if (tommy) was the one for the job he wouldnt have it.maybe you crybabies need to keep your mouth shut and do your job and wouldnt have to be so spineless and get on a computer to tell how you feel. the best thing about all of this is the people can really see how many "want to be coal miners" and crybabies that ICG has had to hire to get where they are as of now. And with some of the people i know who work at that mines it must have one great management team.So Rod and the rest of your crybaby buddy's you dont have to work for them,go find you a job somewhere else.
Level 3

#55 Apr 29, 2009
i am tired of eddie making me put my hamster back in my dinner bucket. I bring my hamster to work to keep me company and so if the mine blows up because of all the gas I can use harold "my hamster" as a shielding device to protect my face and hands. eddie always makes me put harold back in my dinner bucket and once tried to punch harold in the face while he was eating his lettuce soup. IT SUX
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#56 Apr 30, 2009
New permit review process upsets mining industry

Coal plays a vital part in the Mountain State's economy, and one chamber of commerce wants to know if it's going to stay that way in the face of recent adversity.......

"Some of those conditions, we think, are simply unattainable," according to Senior V.P., ICG Mining Gene Kitts.

**ICG plans to fight the EPA's new guidelines, and the chamber will decide if they will take a position or lobby on the matter.

click link for entire article:

http://www.wvva.com/global/story.asp...
capitalist pig

Parkersburg, WV

#57 Apr 30, 2009
the new epa guidelines based on junk science will ruin wv if they are not stopped. everyone who works or lives in southern wv better be calling their senators and rahall to get off their asses and stand up for coal. if coal jobs are lost, everyone loses.
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#58 May 2, 2009
Latest on ICG Coal

ICG open to more coal production cuts

International Coal Group is willing to make more production cuts as it deals with weak demand and prices, its chief executive said Thursday.

http://wvgazette.com/News/Business/2009043004...
ICG MINER

Bandy, VA

#59 Sep 6, 2010
You guys at Beckly produce less with more to work with than any one else in the company.

Maybe you should work harder and work less on topix thngs would be a lot better for you.

Im sure that any superviser that wants HIS MEN TO WORK is a ass hole to the sorry bastards that dont want to work.
icg glendaniel forum

Beckley, WV

#60 Sep 17, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug sales 3 hr Bonjour Madame 2
kelly garner's scam 3 hr pitifulcity 1
Is Alpha going down now? 5 hr jd 3
Create your own Forum 5 hr Weepy 367
Tink Brown Biggest Liar BEWARE !! 6 hr Beckley Lady 4
sheetz at the bottom of harper rd 9 hr Peckerroni Roll 11
News WVU Tech and WVU Beckley appoint new provost 9 hr ispy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages