First Prev
of 4
Next Last
coalminers wife

Conroe, TX

#1 May 22, 2008
Has anyone worked at or know anything about the mines that was opended up in Eccles by ICG Coal Company. Any comments would be appreciated. My husband will be starting there soon.
Minerman

United States

#2 May 22, 2008
International Coal Group - same guys making national news in 2006- Sago Mine disaster.
coalminers wife

Conroe, TX

#3 May 22, 2008
yeah we about that. we where just wondering if the eccles mine is a good mine to work at. The benefits sound pretty good and is closer to home. So we would be saving on gas. But we have heard of a lot of men going there then leaving a week later. he has a great job now with really good benefits. We dont want to lose a good thing for something not worth it
Jackson

United States

#4 May 23, 2008
A friend of mine is a mine inspector and he said that ICG is the best company in the state. Sorry, I don't know much about the Eccles mine in particular.
bad management

Beckley, WV

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Icg, COULD be a great mine if it had better management. They treat their men horrible there. There is one guy, Eddie. He is a A$$. That mine will never keep men with him in management there. He has no respect for anyone that works under him. I would never recommend this mine to anyone while he is there.
inspector

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2009
i have been to this mine, and this is correct. there is a continuing problem with all of the middle management. starting with the super-intendent and the general mine foreman, to the section foreman <not bosses> eccles mine is a great coal mine in and of itself. it has great potential to produce many tons at a long term rate.
bad management

Beckley, WV

#7 Mar 16, 2009
Eddie Burrell (I think that is how you spell his name) is the problem with that mine. Get rid of him and it would be a good place to work at.
wondering

Clay, WV

#8 Mar 27, 2009
I heard they are hiring exp. miners. Does anyone know what their pay rate is and if they have good benefits.
bad management

Beckley, WV

#9 Mar 27, 2009
There pay depends on what equipment you run. Benefits are ok. Insurance is 90/10 after detuctable. Detuctable is 400 per person or 800 per family. It could go as high as 1200 per family depends on certain things. They give a 100.00 gift card once a month for perfect attendence. Thats the good part about the company.

Now the bad. Eddie Burrell...... He is a jerk. He treats his men like they are dirt on his shoes. He dont care about any man under him. And if he is having a bad day your gonna get it. Nothing is ever his fault, and no matter how hard you work for him you will never be good enough.
wondering

Clay, WV

#10 Mar 27, 2009
What is Eddie's position there. Seems like every company has someone like him in charge. Overall how is the mines?
icg wife

Beckley, WV

#11 Mar 30, 2009
My husband works at icg and the benifits are really good the schedule is great and the pay is good but my husbands only complaint is Eddie Burrell
wondering

Clay, WV

#12 Mar 31, 2009
What kind of schedule do they work?
icg wife wrote:
My husband works at icg and the benifits are really good the schedule is great and the pay is good but my husbands only complaint is Eddie Burrell
bad management

Beckley, WV

#13 Mar 31, 2009
there are 3 different shifts, day shift, swing shift and then night shift.

day is straight day of course, they work 5 on 2 off and then 5 on 3 off.

swing shift i thinks swings from 2nd to 1st every few days,

and night shift is just that night, i think they start at 11 and they get off at different times the next morning.

I am not sure if they have a straight 2nd.
dontuwannano

Beckley, WV

#14 Apr 4, 2009
Production crews work what is called a 5x3 schedule with A, B, & C crews. All these crews work 5 days, off 3, work 5 days, off 2. A crews are permanant day shift, they work from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.. B crews are permanent eve shift, they work from 3:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.. C crews work when the other 2 crews are off their schedule is rotating with 3 days of dayshift then 2 days eve shift, off 3 days, then 2 days dayshift 3 days eve shift off 2 days.
Owl shift crewswork a 5x3 shedule and they are permanent 3rd shift. This sounds very confusing, but actually it is a very good schedule, because it gives the men plenty of time off while allowing the company to operate 7 days a week.
wondering

Rupert, WV

#15 Apr 8, 2009
Are they doing any hiring..
Bolt Crew 2b

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#16 Apr 8, 2009
Eddie burrell is a total Turd nugget. He cusses at men degrades them and their families. He is just an out and out jerk and from what I hear most men there wouldnt piss on him or his family if they were on fire. Now the good part if you catch him in the parking lot and can TAKE HIM OUT physically then your working life will be good........ EDDIE BURRELL what does this say to you there buddy. You need to straighten your A## up
Bolt Crew 2b

#17 Apr 8, 2009
also lunches taste funny because the rats get in your food and we have way too much gas in our mine to be safe.
Level 3

Since: Nov 08

#18 Apr 8, 2009
makes sense why would anyone want to be "that guy " at their workplace.... whether its Eddie Burrell or J. Ward or whoever your workplace JERK is
To Bolt Crew 2b

Rupert, WV

#19 Apr 8, 2009
Is Eddie Burrell the Superintendent? How many sections are in the mine and other than him is it a good place to work??
Bolt Crew 2b

#20 Apr 8, 2009
Eddie's the bossman and there are 3 different shifts. There is an all day shift an all evening shift and a third shift that swings between the two. 5 on then 3 off then 5 on then 2 off .....

Other than Eddie its a great place to work but he is very hard to swallow and no matter what shift you are on he seems to wiggle his way into your life like an infected worm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 550 miners out of work for drug use 5 min just be truthful 5
Mike Green Voted Against Coal 25 min Gamblin Green 14
SkOoL (Feb '14) 1 hr cgi_46 122
Truth about Ferguson's Mike Brown 1 hr As IF 34
CoPs (Mar '14) 1 hr cgi_46 298
I am sick of Seeing Coal Miners wearing their w... (Oct '09) 1 hr Daniel hart 1,902
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 2 hr Rahall gonna win 99
Mullins plan.....does anyone know? 15 hr Vote Mullins 90
Jeff Mullins And A Coach's Overheard Comment 15 hr evidence shows 43
why do black men prefer white women? Wed Steve N 283
Beckley Dating
Find my Match

Beckley Jobs

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Beckley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Beckley

Personal Finance