oblivious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

I know this dude but haven't heard anything about all this until now. Anyone want to clarify what is going on? I would appreciate it greatly. So what makes people think someone did it? And what is this thing about him not having Leukemia??? Really??? This is super weird. Also I heard that there was a lady at his wake that cried over his casket so hard that when she went home her husband killed her. Is that true?? Anyone know anthing about that?? Thanks for the info!
red

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

June 27, 2010

Exhumation order calls death investigation into question
By Michelle James and Carl “Butch” Antolini
The Register-Herald

The body of a 55-year-old Cool Ridge man who died at Camp Creek in January has been exhumed for an autopsy by the state Medical Examiner’s Office.

Both Raleigh County Prosecutor Kristen Keller and Mercer County Prosecutor Timm Boggess signed the exhumation order for Gary Wayne Cox, whose death was ruled a suicide without an autopsy.

On March 19, the order was entered by Raleigh County Circuit Judge John Hutchison and states that Keller and Boggess agreed that the state medical examiner needed to conduct both an autopsy and a death investigation since “both prosecuting attorneys are informed and believe that essentially no investigation was conducted.”

The Mercer County Sheriff’s Department handled the initial investigation in January. Sheriff Don Meadows told The Register-Herald on Friday he had not been informed of the exhumation order.

“I had not been made aware of that and frankly I’m surprised that the prosecutor here (Boggess) did that without letting me know,” Meadows stated.

When asked about the specifics of the order, which questioned the validity of the investigation into Cox’s death, Meadows said the deputy assigned to the case, Lt. Joe Parks,“investigated it and dealt with what he had.”

“If the prosecutor thought it wasn’t a proper investigation, he should have assigned someone else to investigate,” Meadows added.

Meadows went on to say the only thing he has heard about the case has been “a lot of complaints from his (Cox’s) daughter about the weapon” involved in the death.

“We sent it to the (State Police) firearms lab and haven’t heard back yet,” Meadows said.

Parks also acknowledged he had not heard about the exhumation, but he was “not surprised” based on what has taken place since January.

“The deceased’s family has been fairly hostile with us and I’m not sure why,” Parks stated.“There were three officers on the scene with more than 30 years of law enforcement experience and two assistant medical examiners there as well.

“There were things at the scene that made it blatantly obvious that it was a suicide,” Parks added.“I’m certainly open to any new leads or information that might indicate wrongful death. But at this point, I haven’t seen or heard anything like that.”

When reached by The Register-Herald, Boggess declined to comment, confirming only that he had indeed signed the order.

Keller, however, said the order was the result of concerns raised by Cox’s family.

“Mr. Cox’s daughter and ex-wife contacted my office because they had reasonable questions about how it was determined that he committed suicide,” she said.

Keller said the report from the medical examiner has not yet been received, but an investigation might be in order depending on the results.

“There needs to be an investigation and people need to be interviewed,” she said, adding that, despite the original report, none of Cox’s associates say he was suicidal.“It will be plain old detective work to determine whether or not the original finding of suicide was right or wrong.”

Cox’s daughter, Melody, said all she wants are answers backed by investigative facts.

“Although it has been very emotionally and physically stressful for me, I wanted my dad’s body exhumed for an autopsy,” she said.“This should have been performed at the time of his death instead of three months after the fact. My father did not have leukemia or any other illness, as was told. He was not lonely, or depressed, and was loved by family and friends.

“I feel the lack of an initial investigation was a violation of his civil rights,” Cox added.“A black lab was shot a few days after him and received more investigation. I am sure an amended death certificate will soon be issued, thanks to the state Medical Examiner’s Office and the Raleigh County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.”
red

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

Daniels Man Arrested in Wife's Shooting Death
Posted Monday, February 1, 2010 ; 09:56 AM | View Comments | Post Comment
Updated Wednesday, February 3, 2010; 12:46 PM

Victim's husband arrested on murder charges. Watch Story Video

Deputies said Chris Bowling, 37, was arrested late Tuesday evening and charged with first degree murder.
By Hillary Crowder
Email | Bio | Other Stories by Hillary Crowder

DANIELS -- Raleigh County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Chris Bowling, 37, late Tuesday afternoon in the shooting death of his wife, Tresa.
Bowling is charged with first degree murder. He's awaiting arraignment in Raleigh County Magistrate Court, then he'll be taken to the Southern Regional Jail.

Deputies said Bowling shot his wife, Tresa, in the couple's home on Pilot Lane in Daniels around 11:30 Sunday night. She died a short time later at Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital.
oblivious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

I really am oblivious, huh! Thanks so much for that info!!!!!
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

ya why the hell would melody kill him..and I know sam wouldnt kill his best friend..no one gained anything anyways unless they wanted his truck..if someone killed him it was probably chris bowling..i'm starting to think we'll never know.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

what about his house in cool ridge and land,tools,mower,etc....who got that
ever notice

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Ever caught someone who is a big troublemaker and lives to make trouble using a name similar to yours on this forum so people will think it is you posting instead of them when they go around spreading the rumor that you posted it. Very effective way to make a rumor more believeable because if they use a name similar to yours then spread the rumor you are posting something or even use the name near another thread they want to look like you posted, it plants that seed in peoples mind that you are posting. It takes a very evil person to do something like that but it is often done on here. I am sure people are smart enough to realize that. The kind of person that does that deserves to have the worst kind of rumors spread on them but that is not my style. I just wait and karma always gets them.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

huh???????
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

was that comment meant for me? i was only repeating what msn had said and then replying to it. sure wasn't trying to be someone else. sorry if i offended you.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

what happened to all the conversation on this topic? all i asked was a simple question....
Helter Skelter

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

jax wrote:
what happened to all the conversation on this topic? all i asked was a simple question....
Sheesh! Wonder what that big mess from Ever Notice meant????
Tony

Beaver, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Why is it that any questionable death in Raleigh Co especially, there is never an autopsy? This is true.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

It wasn't in Raleigh County....it was in Mercer Co.
They screwed up!
local

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

Gary Cox's was a close friend of mine and my family, and a very well respected man in this community. Im getting pretty tired of having to hear everyone just speculate on what happened. Whatever happened did, now lets let his body and spirit rest. Whether or not if he did it or chris did it, it happened. He was there for me and my family in some pretty tough times and i will never forget him. How about we quit worrying about what happened and start focusing on his memory.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

doesn't he deserve justice? whoever killed him should have to pay...be it chris, one of his bosses, or one of his police buddies.
local

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

If you knew him, his bosses, or police buddies, you would know that they would never do that. He was loved by many. If chris did it, justice comes around for him after all, he will be in prison for a long time. Its just a shame it had to happen to Teresa, she was a wonderful person as well.
jax

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Justice will not come around until the person that did this to Gary gets what he deserves. I did not know Tresa, but I am sure she was a wonderful person.
Christen

Salisbury, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

msm wrote:
<quoted text>
a detective. not sure if I should say his name or not. I guess they got results because they said they couldnt even determine if he actually had luekemia. They ruled it undetermined. We will never know unless someone comes forward with something or they get someone who knows what there doing on the case.
I am the grand daughter and i want to know where your getting your info from
Christen

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 16 min hillbilly 125
Debate: Ferguson - Beckley, WV 20 min picker2 57
John Michael Montgomery Raleigh Co. Civic Cente... 39 min not a fan 20
does anyone know William baber (Mar '13) 1 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 5
why do black men prefer white women? 1 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 161
To The Moderators 1 hr DIRTY OLD MAN 5
Good Hoods in Beckley 2 hr Beckley Native 15
Native Americans/Palestinians 3 hr Mohammeds Cowards 59
New resident of Beckley,WV 8 hr ranger ruth 12
Christains vs Atheist (String Deleted) 11 hr pity 98