MSU Roslyn Artis audio of threatening students

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Former Student

Beckley, WV

#1 Nov 3, 2012
http://lawmedconsultant.com/4559/msu-vice-pre...

This is audio of the former VP of Academics, Roslyn Artis badgering, intimidating, and threatening former students whom were enrolled in the nurse anesthetist program. This being the same Roslyn Artis who has publicly stated she "supports the students" yet she has been exposed belittling the very individuals that paid her outrageous salary. The same Roslyn Artis who calls herself a "christian". Who refers to herself as being beautiful, sophisticated, articulate, and supportive of academics. She was clearly articulate in stating she "did not care" and she " did not have a dog in this fight" and her "she is clean". I encourage all readers to spread the word that this audio exists and all in the community should listen. May this serve as evidence of how raw and unsophisticated she is. Pay very close attention to the duel-roles she serves during the intimidation session.
Roslyn Clark Artis Bully

Beckley, WV

#2 Nov 3, 2012
I cannot believe she is still employees at MSU Surely UC will not hire her, Ruth or Bill White.
Good Grief

Beckley, WV

#3 Nov 3, 2012
MSU = Mean Spirited University
Not a fan

Pineville, WV

#4 Nov 4, 2012
I'm no fan of Artis or MSU, but I don't think that all of the recording is as horrible as it's said to be. It sounded to me like she came with a few valid points--one being that if there was a legal issue, lawyers would handle it and the wronged side would win. There's nothing wrong with that statement.

However, I think the meeting was poorly planned. Smith absolutely should not have been present, especially considering how he had acted to the class prior to the recorded meeting. He apparently met with Artis without students present to relay what had happened, and she should have granted the same courtesy to the students who had complaints. I also think that some "nastiness", for lack of a better word, from Artis did come through. An impartial person should never have referred to the complaint as a "nasty little email". I also feel that copying the email for all to see was inappropriate; the meeting could have been held without that information going to everyone.

The whole situation was not handled in the best way, but for most it's a moot point. The anesthesia program has been gone for several years, and the only ones left with issues are the students who currently have lawsuits... valid lawsuits, in my opinion, from the reports that I've read. There were definitely leadership and quality issues in the school, and we see what it led to.
Ghetto is there

Beckley, WV

#5 Nov 4, 2012
I cannot believe she is still employees there along with any of her friends. This behavior would not be tolerated at any school or business.

An elegant speakers she is not. You can listen for only a few minutes and the ghetto is apparent.
Write UC raisehell

Beckley, WV

#6 Nov 4, 2012
Fire these people write UC an raise hell. I cannot believe these people are still employed.
Ruth and Bill

Charleston, WV

#7 Nov 5, 2012
I'm confident that UC will hire them. They are a cut above the rest and will add value to UCs programs.
Garfield

Beckley, WV

#8 Nov 5, 2012
Ruth and Bill wrote:
I'm confident that UC will hire them. They are a cut above the rest and will add value to UCs programs.
What do they have to do with Artis abusing her authority with those students who are referenced within this thread? Are you trying a diversion tactic?
1 post removed
Never forget

Beckley, WV

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Never forget.
UC no integrity

Beckley, WV

#11 Nov 8, 2012
I believe UC has no integrity to keep Roslyn Artis employed along with Ruth Wylie, Mark Miller, or the rest.
UC is great

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Nov 9, 2012
UC no integrity wrote:
I believe UC has no integrity to keep Roslyn Artis employed along with Ruth Wylie, Mark Miller, or the rest.
You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Mark Miller is an asset to any university. He is extremely smart, personable and a humble person. Roslyn Artis is a smart, resourceful lady and rose to the top of MSU as the cream always does rise to the top. Do not hate on these administrators as they were simply following orders from a tyrannical dictator, CH POlk. UC has integrity and is doing the impossible by stepping in to help the city of Beckley and the southern coalfields retain a four year degree program. A lack of integrity is talking trash behind a computer without placing your name before your comments.
Really now

Charleston, WV

#13 Nov 9, 2012
I believe you are clueless.
UC is great wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Mark Miller is an asset to any university. He is extremely smart, personable and a humble person. Roslyn Artis is a smart, resourceful lady and rose to the top of MSU as the cream always does rise to the top. Do not hate on these administrators as they were simply following orders from a tyrannical dictator, CH POlk. UC has integrity and is doing the impossible by stepping in to help the city of Beckley and the southern coalfields retain a four year degree program. A lack of integrity is talking trash behind a computer without placing your name before your comments.
think about this

United States

#14 Nov 9, 2012
UC isn't hiring Dr. Artis, UC has a provost. Dr. Miller on the other hand would be an asset to UC. Had he been over assessment at MSU to begin with perhaps the mess at msu wouldn't have been as bad. Dr. Miller is not only very intelligent and extremely proficient in his job, but is a kind, personable man. Unless you know him dont attempt to pass judgement on him.
UC is great

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Spencer/clueless,
I have witnessed these administrators first hand perform their jobs. They are very proficient. Because you do not agree does not make your points any more or less valid. I however, have first hand knowledge and instead choose not to make judgments from afar based upon the opinions of other people posting anonymously behind aliases. Maybe if you knew these people you would have a different opinion and wouldn't assassinate them.
Who Cares

Beckley, WV

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Nobody cares about Mark. He was a flunky for Artis, White, Wylie. As long as these are not hired the students might be safe.

They worked happily for Charles Polk and would have done his bidding for many years to come if they were not caught. Saying Polk "made them do things" is a farce and lie. Polk's problem was he hired these people who enjoyed pushing their influence around. They did not do it just for the job yet for fun.

A sad bunch for sure. Many of us know them and have witnessed first hand their evil nature. Rewriting history will not work.

Sorry Ros. I hope you change your evil mean ways.
UC is great wrote:
Spencer/clueless,
I have witnessed these administrators first hand perform their jobs. They are very proficient. Because you do not agree does not make your points any more or less valid. I however, have first hand knowledge and instead choose not to make judgments from afar based upon the opinions of other people posting anonymously behind aliases. Maybe if you knew these people you would have a different opinion and wouldn't assassinate them.
I am god

Beckley, WV

#17 Nov 9, 2012
UC is great wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim these people are smart? Stupid and weak comes to my mind. So stupid and so weak they would take orders from a tyrannical dictator. Appears they have no backbone to stand up the tyrannical dictator. Did fear hold them in their positions? Did Polk hold a gun to their heads and force them to do things against their better judgements? Better yet was it the money that allowed them to willingly be abused by the tyrannical dictator?
Anonymous

Baltimore, MD

#18 Nov 9, 2012
UC is great wrote:
Spencer/clueless,
I don't care HOW much you have "witnessed these administrators first hand perform their jobs". ANY administrator who would go to a classroom and threaten the students the way Artis did should be FIRED and NEVER employed in a position of administrating the education of ANYONE ever again. What she did was indefensible. To defend it is absurd and pathetic.
no MSU

Bronx, NY

#19 Nov 9, 2012
sad to hear. the diagnostic medical sonographys program is horrible to. Had a friend go there said she didn't learn a thing.
Fire them all UC

Beckley, WV

#20 Nov 11, 2012
I agree and believe her buddies Ruth Wylie and William White should be right behind them.
LawMed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care HOW much you have "witnessed these administrators first hand perform their jobs". ANY administrator who would go to a classroom and threaten the students the way Artis did should be FIRED and NEVER employed in a position of administrating the education of ANYONE ever again. What she did was indefensible. To defend it is absurd and pathetic.
Why is she at MSU at all

Beckley, WV

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Why is she still there! Outrageous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 2 hr Dale 8
Barabara at Gabes. 4 hr always wondered 3
this girl 7 hr Linus 7
No Beckley Pool 7 hr Linus 5
Cheap and clean hotel 9 hr Ned 1
Thomas Hamilton from the YMCA (May '12) 10 hr RIP 23
24 yr old exSoldier looking for jobs 20 hr Slick 14
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE