Arch Coal (ICG) has fallen off
Geez

Milton, WV

#43 Nov 22, 2012
There are thousands of men without jobs right now due to mines shutting down and you all are on here complaining because the company is asking you not to wear clothing from another mining company. Get real. I think there are more pressing problems in the world whether or not you get to sport your spiffy sticker on your bucket or hat.
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#44 Nov 22, 2012
Massey was the same, you walk on the job site with other than a Massey Flame emblem, you got the highway. So what's new?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#45 Nov 22, 2012
nemesis wrote:
Massey was the same, you walk on the job site with other than a Massey Flame emblem, you got the highway. So what's new?
Need to be more UMWA stickers!
Roof Bolter

Charleston, WV

#46 Nov 22, 2012
UMWA all the way
News

Beckley, WV

#47 Nov 22, 2012
UMWA is welcome at Arch Beckley!
lol

Beckley, WV

#48 Nov 23, 2012
News wrote:
UMWA is welcome at Arch Beckley!
no they're not !!! You think you are underpaid now ,,get them free loaders in and take your pay cut and pay your dues,,,,just think your hard earned money would have been supporting Obama the last election cycle,,,
a arch employees wife

United States

#49 Nov 23, 2012
Be thankful u have a job geez. yall r stupid if u don't like how things r go some where else and work

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#50 Nov 23, 2012
UMWA - stinks on ice........ big pay to big LABOR- search for others..... they will help.
bill

Summersville, WV

#51 Nov 24, 2012
Pro Coal wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont work for Arch But I do work for Patriot, and use to work for Massey.
I am not union and have never been but it's going to come down to where if these company's finally succeed in dispursing the "UMWA" a job in mining wont be worth having, If there is any after Obama and the EPA gets done with it.
It will be like it was years ago when they treated people like dirt and payed with script.
When times are good they love ya and give you the whole wide world but as soon as coal starts going down sombody is going off the f@ckin hill.
the management that got fired was pricks tommy;jamie;shad
bill

Summersville, WV

#52 Nov 24, 2012
the management that got fired was pricks they got what they deserved. tommy;jamie; shad
Tom

Beckley, WV

#53 Nov 25, 2012
You mighta thought they were pricks, but the numbers don't lie. They ran the place better. Fewer accidents, zero fatalities, more bonuses, better work morale & more coal mined under them than these new pricks.
1 post removed
Jimmy o3

Bronx, NY

#55 Nov 25, 2012
Who cares , they ain't common back
arch coal great place

United States

#56 Nov 27, 2012
Arch coal is a great place to work be thsnkful u have a job and u r getting the retention bonus

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#57 Nov 27, 2012
Definition of retention bonus........

http://www.google.com/url...

So they must be worried about losing employees to other jobs? Guess if they were that good to work for , you wouldnt need a retention bonus would you? hmmmm or do they get some sort of special tax credit to make the IRS think thats what they need to do to keep you? Sounds like a loop hole for them or some unneccessary spending with coal being in decline and jobs hard to come by. LOL

Stirrin the pot, come on pro-coal, lets get it on today. LOL

Level 1

Craigsville , WV

#58 Nov 27, 2012
Coal companies are cutting each others throats ... Works for me.
Preach the TRUTH

Beckley, WV

#59 Nov 27, 2012
I've never worked for Arch or ICG, but I have worked for Bluestone, Mechel-Bluestone, Massey, and Alpha. I recently left Alpha for all the same reasons you people are disgusted with Arch.
Mismanagement, treated like dirt, higher insurance premiums for less coverage, loss of already earned bonuses, threats and fits by "managers" so stupid they couldn't tie their own shoes, mandatory meeting after meeting just to be berated and threatened.
Arch must be bad, but they don't sound any worse than Alpha.
I couldn't be happier with my new job though. NONE of that type BS and more more for less hours too.

Level 1

Craigsville , WV

#60 Nov 27, 2012
Preach the TRUTH wrote:
I've never worked for Arch or ICG, but I have worked for Bluestone, Mechel-Bluestone, Massey, and Alpha. I recently left Alpha for all the same reasons you people are disgusted with Arch.
Mismanagement, treated like dirt, higher insurance premiums for less coverage, loss of already earned bonuses, threats and fits by "managers" so stupid they couldn't tie their own shoes, mandatory meeting after meeting just to be berated and threatened.
Arch must be bad, but they don't sound any worse than Alpha.
I couldn't be happier with my new job though. NONE of that type BS and more more for less hours too.
Got smart & took non-coal job.

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#61 Nov 27, 2012
Not sure...
Billy29

Bronx, NY

#62 Nov 28, 2012
For all you MSHA lovers heard today that ole inspector Joe had to eat his "D". Ask him how it tastes.. Lol... He wasn't man enough to admit he was wrong so his bosses cut him down to size... Now he is on a rampage.. You get em Joe.. They suckered u in and let you write your "D" and now every where u go they are laughing at u. How's it feel big time.

Level 1

Craigsville , WV

#63 Nov 28, 2012
Billy29 wrote:
For all you MSHA lovers heard today that ole inspector Joe had to eat his "D". Ask him how it tastes.. Lol... He wasn't man enough to admit he was wrong so his bosses cut him down to size... Now he is on a rampage.. You get em Joe.. They suckered u in and let you write your "D" and now every where u go they are laughing at u. How's it feel big time.
Not sure what all that BS is about .. But Arch is headin down the toilet with Patriot !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any businesses in Beckley that do car title loans? 22 min Wondering 3
Khols Bald Maintenance Guy 2 hr JCnB 3
applebees in beckley 2 hr paul 8
What is this world coming to? 3 hr been threw it 64
Fly the Confederate Flag 3 hr Shootist 37
News WV: New River Transit Grand Opening Today With ... 4 hr nocar 6
Beckley Mayor Too Cowardly to Stop Unsafe Stree... 4 hr tberry 5
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE