1 post removed
Trumka

Ardsley, NY

#23 Nov 16, 2012
UMWA we are coming

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#24 Nov 16, 2012
UMWA- out with the old ........in with the NEW.
Really

Beckley, WV

#25 Nov 17, 2012
Get the union in, get your insurance back to being decent.
nemesis

Layland, WV

#26 Nov 17, 2012
They're going to open a new deep mine on Elk Creek in Mingo, they must be doing OK.
miner man

Beckley, WV

#27 Nov 17, 2012
I work there and it sucks, there is no motivation anymore all there is is one bad rumor after another. nobody there is truly happy except for the management outside.They have come up with more dumb ass rules.leg bands,no icg stuff, no knifes, they got you scared to ask for anything like gloves and safety glasses because they keep track of every miner what they get from the supply.the bbs is a joke. Nobody going to take that shit serious when they took your bonus before christmas.I had plans for that bonus for my kids. Since arch took over joe pussy became an asshole. All in all its pretty damn hard to work trying to keep your glasses on leg bands on always grabbing your radio to make sure you dont lose it and watch out for all the bbs steering team tattle tails.and do your job with no tools.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#28 Nov 18, 2012
nemesis wrote:
They're going to open a new deep mine on Elk Creek in Mingo, they must be doing OK.
NO, they are NOT doing ok .... They are close behind Patriot in financial & environmental problems ... My guess would be that ARCH will have to file bankruptcy within 6 months.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#29 Nov 18, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, they are NOT doing ok .... They are close behind Patriot in financial & environmental problems ... My guess would be that ARCH will have to file bankruptcy within 6 months.
I would have to say that you are probably right bug. Ive got a friend that works for them and he thinks the same thing from what he has been told and with what actions he sees taking place.
And he will more than likely become one of my new employees when it all goes down.
nemesis

Layland, WV

#30 Nov 18, 2012
I have a friend that works for them too, and he said the problem was, that they could sell every ton they produced, but their buyers didn't want to pay anything for it. The small fry better get out now, and count their losses.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#31 Nov 18, 2012
DrMUDD wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to say that you are probably right bug. Ive got a friend that works for them and he thinks the same thing from what he has been told and with what actions he sees taking place.
And he will more than likely become one of my new employees when it all goes down.
I hear ya ....
postmenopause

Beckley, WV

#32 Nov 18, 2012
someone mention 300+ violations at that mine? meanwhile they continue to hire more and more safety people who sit behind a desk. they threaten the working men over violations...really? maybe if some of these "safety people" and mine managers cared more about safety they would get their butts underground and help eliminate these violations that inspectors are finding instead of hanging little pink flags everywhere and waiting 2 hours for somebody to set a timber where it's needed. there was a time at this mine when there was half the safety people and no BBS yet NFDL rate and violations were much lower than they are now.
VERY UNHAPPY AT ARCH

Beckley, WV

#33 Nov 18, 2012
Coal miner wrote:
I know exactly what your sayin. When union go under, workers rights go out the window. I understand too that unless need to be tere but something like the clothes you wear is stupid. Management wants to look like tuff guys but they're just as disposable as the hourlies. They sol 160K tons in October but said times were too hard to pay us a retention bonus. There's not one person in that office that will fight for the men. They'd rather c
limb the latter as yes men than go down with some dignity.
II have been with arch Coal for over 3 yrs now and yes it has gotten really stupid the last few months!! I realize you have to have some rules but this shit is crazy! They take our retention bonus 3 weeks befor were supposed to get it come on Arch!! Then Arch is so jealous of ICG they dont want you wearing there clothing or a damn sticker on your hat or bucket come on Joe Tussy Get real!! We now have a new (If your wife calls with an emergency rule)!! The rule is Straight from the superintendents mouth is if the wife calls and you have a busted water line ask her if she has the water turned off and if she does dont call the husband out, if the wife calls and she has an electrical arc in the power box ask her to knock the power and dont call the husband out and if she has an medical emergency she is to speak with him or another foreman to see if it sounds legitamit!! Its not there place to decide rather a man needs to be called out when his own wife calls for him. Majority of the time if a mans wife calls she needs him!!!! What the hell ARCH !!!! Hoping that the market can recover because they have the miners by the balls now but if it turns back i know some managment at ARCH COAL BECKLEY thats gonna be nuttless!!!!!
Time for Action

Lansing, WV

#34 Nov 18, 2012
VERY UNHAPPY AT ARCH wrote:
<quoted text>II have been with arch Coal for over 3 yrs now and yes it has gotten really stupid the last few months!! I realize you have to have some rules but this shit is crazy! They take our retention bonus 3 weeks befor were supposed to get it come on Arch!! Then Arch is so jealous of ICG they dont want you wearing there clothing or a damn sticker on your hat or bucket come on Joe Tussy Get real!! We now have a new (If your wife calls with an emergency rule)!! The rule is Straight from the superintendents mouth is if the wife calls and you have a busted water line ask her if she has the water turned off and if she does dont call the husband out, if the wife calls and she has an electrical arc in the power box ask her to knock the power and dont call the husband out and if she has an medical emergency she is to speak with him or another foreman to see if it sounds legitamit!! Its not there place to decide rather a man needs to be called out when his own wife calls for him. Majority of the time if a mans wife calls she needs him!!!! What the hell ARCH !!!! Hoping that the market can recover because they have the miners by the balls now but if it turns back i know some managment at ARCH COAL BECKLEY thats gonna be nuttless!!!!!
Just an Idea, Sounds like a few of you guys need to catch that stupid bastard out and kick his ass up between his shoulders.
Attitude ajustment!!
Dont you love how alot of people like supers, bosses and human resources think they are untouchable.
They want to make slaves out of us when times get a little lean but there may come a time they may need a reality check on just how human they are.
Alot of things can happen on the job, "It's a dangerous place"
1 post removed
ONE COMMENT

Charleston, WV

#36 Nov 19, 2012
Walmart plans to strike about working conditions and they make min-wage what wrong with that do they have more backbone than a miner.

Beckley, WV

#37 Nov 19, 2012
Help each other through the tough times.
Jimmy o3

Springfield, NJ

#38 Nov 21, 2012
People were happier most likely, but when the 3 omigos were there they didn't care about nothin but coal on the ground, that's why people at that mine were getting hurt left and right and they had 1 man get killed. Now people are mad cause they have to do things right ... Boo hook.. Go to McDowell county where we are and work with dope heads and u get to break all the laws .. Come on down...bunch of winers
nemesis

Glasgow, WV

#39 Nov 21, 2012
The miners let Massey and Don set the standard, and now everybody is going to live by it. Since there is going to be fewer jobs, the ones who hang on will be ground into the dirt.Walmart will look good before it's over with.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#40 Nov 21, 2012
nemesis wrote:
The miners let Massey and Don set the standard, and now everybody is going to live by it. Since there is going to be fewer jobs, the ones who hang on will be ground into the dirt.Walmart will look good before it's over with.
AMEN!

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#41 Nov 21, 2012
JamieWV wrote:
Help each other through the tough times.
We're going to ... Gonna be lots UMWA folks in the Walmart picket lines .. Prolly have some scabs that need some directions.

Beckley, WV

#42 Nov 21, 2012
VERY UNHAPPY AT ARCH wrote:
<quoted text>II have been with arch Coal for over 3 yrs now and yes it has gotten really stupid the last few months!! I realize you have to have some rules but this shit is crazy! They take our retention bonus 3 weeks befor were supposed to get it come on Arch!! Then Arch is so jealous of ICG they dont want you wearing there clothing or a damn sticker on your hat or bucket come on Joe Tussy Get real!! We now have a new (If your wife calls with an emergency rule)!! The rule is Straight from the superintendents mouth is if the wife calls and you have a busted water line ask her if she has the water turned off and if she does dont call the husband out, if the wife calls and she has an electrical arc in the power box ask her to knock the power and dont call the husband out and if she has an medical emergency she is to speak with him or another foreman to see if it sounds legitamit!! Its not there place to decide rather a man needs to be called out when his own wife calls for him. Majority of the time if a mans wife calls she needs him!!!! What the hell ARCH !!!! Hoping that the market can recover because they have the miners by the balls now but if it turns back i know some managment at ARCH COAL BECKLEY thats gonna be nuttless!!!!!
What's sad is you hadn't taught your wife the skills to know what to do in this circumstance and that when the water began to flow she should panic because she didn't have the skill's to know what to do and to not panic and get you all fired up in her inability of not knowing what she should have done. Patches...... smaches. Stickers....... mickers......Should have pride in where you work and whom you work for you should have taken the stickers off yourself. Medical emergencies ........again with the panic mode she panicked because she lacked the knowledge and courage to take care of things at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homosexual orgies when? 3 hr laffy taffy 1
John Turner 3 hr laffy taffy 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Paulie Walnuts 4,396
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 9 hr -Glinda- 7,318
Where to get anabolic steroids (Mar '17) 11 hr Maggie 6
last post wins! (Sep '11) 16 hr Concerned_American 5,565
The Monon inside the White House 16 hr Me too 13

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance