First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Country Girl

Charleston, WV

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Does any one have any updated information regarding Beckley Pain Clinic and Dr. Rodriguez? I had an appointment scheduled next week and haven't heard if they found a new Dr.. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
helping out

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Mar 30, 2013
one dr was arrested on warrents witch put the patient load behind several days a lot of people have been discharged if your lucky you have not just moved back because the dr cant see but 30 patients a day so figure that it will probably take you up to 2 weeks to get in the lord a willing good luck you need to get your records anyway around it just in case they do shut down you will be one step ahead p.s this is what I have been told you be the judge on wether it is true or not
Country Girl

Charleston, WV

#3 Mar 31, 2013
helping out wrote:
one dr was arrested on warrents witch put the patient load behind several days a lot of people have been discharged if your lucky you have not just moved back because the dr cant see but 30 patients a day so figure that it will probably take you up to 2 weeks to get in the lord a willing good luck you need to get your records anyway around it just in case they do shut down you will be one step ahead p.s this is what I h
ave been told you be the judge on wether it is true or not
Thank you. Do you know what Dr got arrested?
r they open

Glenwood, WV

#4 Apr 1, 2013
i have an app plz let me know if the clinic is closed

“I pity the fool...”

Level 3

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 1, 2013
they are all going to close...the new laws are gonna make it impossible to stay open..
wondering

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 1, 2013
has anyone been there or is scheduled for this week. i need to know if there closed before i drive 2 hours to get there.when i call its always busy.
dah55

Beckley, WV

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Canada_Wondering wrote:
they are all going to close...the new laws are gonna make it impossible to stay open..
What laws are that, They are the ones who are being unethical and breaking the law the way they are doing their patients. You better bet they are seeing the ones who pay cash and are out of the state. That right there is a red flag. Coming from other states means that they can't be seen in their state nowhere. So now they are coming here and being seen because they have to pay cash and that's what it is all about money. We were advised by another doc that this is not right and they need to be turned in to the medical board by each patient they are treating this way.
see him

Huntington, WV

#8 Apr 3, 2013
i had an appointment today but they called me and cancelled and said they will call me with the earliest appointment availible.i asked her about when that will be she told me next week.it seems to me like they should write patients medication prescriptions and let them pick them up until they get their shit together we shouldnt have to lay and suffer because of their screwups.
1 post removed
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Partial law info: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/bill... to substance abuse generally; addressing the regulation of opioid treatment programs in this state; updating rules for opioid treatment program facilities to require clinical guidelines, recovery models, education and training requirements for treatment facility staff and treatment limitations and requirements; requiring clinical monitoring of opioid treatment programs; creating an advisory council for opioid treatment programs; addressing the licensing and oversight of chronic pain management clinics; creating the Chronic Pain Clinic Licensing Act; providing definitions; establishing requirements for ownership, licensure, operation and management of pain management clinics; establishing limitations on the dispensing of controlled substances at a pain management clinic; requiring annual inspections of pain management clinics; providing for suspension or revocation of a pain management clinic license and setting forth due process requirements; providing for prohibitions on practicing at or operating a pain management clinic under certain circumstances; providing civil penalties regarding pain management clinics; requiring rules for the licensure of pain management clinics; requiring certain licensing boards to establish drug diversion training and best practice prescribing of controlled substances training; requiring certain licensed or certified health care professionals to complete drug diversion training and best practice prescribing of controlled substances training; requiring a valid practitioner-patient relationship to exist prior to compounding or dispensing prescriptions; defining valid practitioner-patient relationship; requiring certain persons to submit information to the controlled substances reporting system within twenty-four hours; requiring additional information to be submitted to the controlled substances reporting system; clarifying that reporting is required for certain amounts of drugs dispensed to patients; providing certain requirements and training for law-enforcement officials in order to access the controlled substance monitoring database; permitting the Controlled Substance Monitoring Program Database Review Committee to query the substance monitoring database; requiring the Board of Pharmacy to review the substance monitoring system in order to issue certain reports; permitting the Board of Pharmacy to share certain information contained in the substance monitoring system with the Department of Health and Human Resources; requiring the Board of Pharmacy to establish an advisory committee; outlining the advisory committee’s scope and duties; requiring the Board of Pharmacy to create a Controlled Substances Monitoring Program Database Review Committee; permitting prescribing practitioners to notify law enforcement of certain violations with immunity; establishing a felony offense and penalties for unauthorized access, use or disclosure of information contained in the substance monitoring database;defining and removing definitions in the Methamphetamine Laboratory Eradication Act; establishing restrictions on the sale, transfer or dispensing of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine by pharmacies; establishing criminal penalties for purchasing, receiving or possessing certain quantities of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine; establishing criminal penalties for pharmacies, wholesalers or other entities which sell, transfer or dispense a product under certain circumstances; requiring certain processing requirements of pharmacists, pharmacy intern, and pharmacy technicians;subject to random and warrantless inspection by certain persons; Drug Diversion Investigators to forward certain records to the West Virginia State Police and provide real-time access to the Multi-State Real-Time Tracking System;
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 3, 2013
All this information is provided to say that Doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, etc will be held to a much higher standard than ever before when prescription medications, especially those that are abused, are tracked. Only a few doctors/clinics will go to the extra standards that this law requires of pain management clinics. You will no longer be able to go to just any doctor and get lots of drugs. You might get 3-5 days worth once then a referral to a pain management clinic for maintenance.
see him

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 5, 2013
has anyone heard anything yet ?dont know what to believe they sure wont tell you nothing over there.has anyone went to an appointment this week?i dont know rather to wait on them or get a referrel to another dr.
HELPING OUT

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Apr 5, 2013
see him wrote:
has anyone heard anything yet ?dont know what to believe they sure wont tell you nothing over there.has anyone went to an appointment this week?i dont know rather to wait on them or get a referrel to another dr.
A FREIND OF MINE HAD A APPT ON THE 25TH OF MARCH THEY CANCELLED HIS APPT AND IT TOOK THEM TILL THE 3RD OF APRIL TO GET HIM BACK IN SO EXPECT AT LEAST 9 OR 10 DAYS
see him

Huntington, WV

#14 Apr 5, 2013
HELPING OUT wrote:
<quoted text>A FREIND OF MINE HAD A APPT ON THE 25TH OF MARCH THEY CANCELLED HIS APPT AND IT TOOK THEM TILL THE 3RD OF APRIL TO GET HIM BACK IN SO EXPECT AT LEAST 9 OR 10 DAYS
Thank you i was wondering if we should try to find another DR.I just dont know how im gonna deal with my husband with him in pain for that long we already have been up for 2 nights trying to deal with his pain and no other DR. will help him unless he is released from their clinic he has tried tylenol,motrin,ultram and nothing is helping him.
Humm

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Apr 7, 2013
What doctor got arrested?
whatever

Beckley, WV

#16 Apr 7, 2013
my husband had an appointment the end of March and was waiting for them to call him and then decided to go up there and talk to them. He got an appointment the next day. Dr.Rodriguez is still there and can only see 30 ppl a day.

“I pity the fool...”

Level 3

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#17 Apr 8, 2013
well if they are cutting them down to that..you can better believe that it and the Hope clinic will be shutting down..you cant get near LabCorp or any of the other drs close to there because of all the patients they see..went to LabCorp from my doc and had to park and walk 1 lot over...it was standing room only at that Hope Clinic one 2-3 weeks ago..they were even outside..:/
see him

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 8, 2013
whatever wrote:
my husband had an appointment the end of March and was waiting for them to call him and then decided to go up there and talk to them. He got an appointment the next day. Dr.Rodriguez is still there and can only see 30 ppl a day.
ty for the info my husband still hasnt been called in yet i think i will make a trip there today my husband is in too bad of condition to be done like this.
pain demmons

Bluefield, WV

#19 Apr 8, 2013
called this morning. April 8th. Dr Ray is not there any more or Heather. the dr that owns the place is the only one. he is only seeing 30 people a day. Guess he picked out which ones he wanted to keep. we are to have our family dr to write our medicene for two weeks and they will call us with an appt. I dont think it will open back up personally due to last time it closed when it was know pain clinic they couldnt find any doctors to take the job. my family dr said he will not do that in fear that they will not open and he will have all that mess on his hands again, so for the people that are going through hell with real pain, I am afraid for all of us. if mine were addiciton, i would go get help and get off them cause i dont like being treated like a POS, drug seeking addict anyway. never failed a drug test in 10 years and never will, guess that counts for nothing. Good luck to the ones really in pain.
see him

Huntington, WV

#20 Apr 8, 2013
when was your appointment?if u dont mind me asking?my husbands was april 3rd so i have no clue when he will get back in.this is just plain wrong to do patients like this at least the ones that really need thier medicine.
itsok

Beckley, WV

#21 Apr 8, 2013
you dont need to call they dont answer the phone half the time anyways. GO UP there and tell them u need an appointment. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school dress codes 2 hr Mother 6
why do black men prefer white women? 3 hr MzCrawford 202
Matt Epling's Wrestling show (Apr '13) 3 hr Well there ya go 199
Tired of single moms (Apr '13) 3 hr Jail them 300
Crossroads Mall Handicapped Parking 3 hr wondering why 4
Why do black men like white women? 4 hr MzCrawford 5
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr fitness-guru 58,244
Murder in Maxwell Hill Fri Shame 42
•••
•••
Beckley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beckley People Search