Neglectedandcold

Beckley, WV

#1 Feb 3, 2018
Why is it that our roads out here get neglected by the snow plows when the rest of Beckley gets taken care of. The roads so bad i almost went into the ditch coming around the corner cause of the bumpy snow coveres icy road and that was going slow. Our side road where we live past the school hasnt been touched at all u almost need a four wheel drive to get through it. I guess thats what we get for living in one of the most corrupt cities in the united states.
Mr Plow

Edison, NJ

#2 Feb 3, 2018
Neglectedandcold wrote:
Why is it that our roads out here get neglected by the snow plows when the rest of Beckley gets taken care of. The roads so bad i almost went into the ditch coming around the corner cause of the bumpy snow coveres icy road and that was going slow. Our side road where we live past the school hasnt been touched at all u almost need a four wheel drive to get through it. I guess thats what we get for living in one of the most corrupt cities in the united states.
Well in all fairness if your passenger vehicle cant make its way down maxwell hill without almost going into a ditch, can you imagine how hard it would be to control a salt truck that is 2-5x larger than average passenger vehicle, loaded with so many pounds of salt, plow blades, ect?

And for what? Its Maxwell hill. How many people on that stretch of road are going to be adversely effected compared to Valley drive, Raleigh Hill, N&S Eisenhower, Kanawha, Fayette, Johnstown, pikeview, Pinewood, New River, ect.

Complaining about Maxwell hill is about the same as complaining about the same thing on Sheridan or Beaver ave. not getting cleared, Yet both those examples would effect twice as many people in
1/3rd the mileage.

Seriously. Look at an aerial map. Compare how many things are being obstructed on MH vs other areas with higher residential and commercial density.

So would you like to take a moment so you can formulate how "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" is somehow a sign of political corruption?

Sorry to hear you are inconvenienced, but come on, Really?
Lonnielooselips

Beckley, WV

#3 Feb 3, 2018
Wow who really cares about Johnstown rd or places like that anyways its mostly colored people there anyway most of them dont even drive let alone have a license so they can walk wherever they need to go. People like me who actually work and pay taxes deserve to have a safe road to drive.
Mr Plow

Edison, NJ

#4 Feb 3, 2018
Lonnielooselips wrote:
Wow who really cares about Johnstown rd or places like that anyways its mostly colored people there anyway most of them dont even drive let alone have a license so they can walk wherever they need to go. People like me who actually work and pay taxes deserve to have a safe road to drive.
Seriously?!

Are you literally that stupid to not understand what a thoroughfare is? It does not matter who lives along a thoroughfare, its importance is what points of connection it allows you to access.

Lets play a little hypothetical game so maybe you will understand it.All that matters is the shortest distance/time between point A to point B.

Say you are at the VA and for what ever reason you need to be air lifted to Charleston for treatment. For what ever reason the closest available helipad is at the Armory. Now when you are in a scenario where your life is on the line and literally every second counts, what kind of idiot is going to get upset and demand the ambulance driver take the more dangerous interstate, or travel all the way out to either Raleigh hill or Beckley crossing instead of taking the quickest possible route which cuts across Beckley mostly along Johnstown Road because it would mean passing by all the "jiggleyboos" houses on the way there?

That is what your taxes are paying for.. Giving you access to that safe road that your tax money entitles you to. Just like it does every other tax paying citizen. Its like this. The number of ambulances you can count seeing on any given road on any given day is directly proportional to the order of priority your street is in any given situation.

You might not personally utilize johnstown road in YOUR day to day, but it is one of the most important thoroughfares in all of Beckley as it allows you to quickly cut across Beckley city proper from Fayette street all the way out to Eisenhower on one wide stretch of road. Even if you dont, there are hundreds of others who do, who invariably make up the traffic in between you and what ever it is you DO need. You definitely seem like the entitled road raging pri ckless wonder acting as if its everyone else's fault you didn't account for traffic.

Again it is the incontrovertible fact that the needs of the many DO outweigh the needs of the few. I mean who is it you think YOU are that the needs of your tax money is somehow more valuable than the taxes collected from hundreds of people you wrongly assume pay no taxes. As if somehow you do not also directly and indirectly benefit from these larger arteries being the highest priority as it because it benefits the greatest number of people and in turn benefits you as a member of that majority.

I get so sick of seeing idiotic snowflakes like you, all cozy in your little safe space echo chambers whining and crying into your towels about what you are entitled to. Contrary to popular belief, nobody actually owes you anything.
Mr Plow

Edison, NJ

#5 Feb 3, 2018
Sorry, Fayette ave, not street.
Mitchy

Draper, UT

#6 Feb 3, 2018
Mr Plow wrote:
Sorry, Fayette ave, not street.
Hey mr plow!

Ya asce in the right job————- ya sure push a load of shit !
Ya no—— what da say about opinions ?
da like asces! Ever body got one ! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Well there goes the GAS prices 17 min 710vsk 29
Cool Ridge Head Shop 19 min Incense 1
Word association, I'll start it off (Feb '09) 22 min Jon_B 6,242
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 24 min Jon_B 8,017
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. (Mar '18) 1 hr Danny Muramoto 59
bingo hall 1 hr Moose Lodge 2
I wish people would stop saying "Wal-Marts" and... (Oct '10) 9 hr Queen 61

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages