Did Sonic Close Down???

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harrison Norris

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 2, 2012
I've driven past Sonic the past 2 days and there has been zero cars in the lot and the lights are turned off.When did they close? Anyone know why or what's up with them? Discuss---
Just saying

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 2, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if they did, in fact I'm surprised they have lasted this long.
1 post removed
Couple of Weeks Ago

Beckley, WV

#4 Oct 2, 2012
I went there a couple of weeks ago, each pull in station said the speakers were broke. It also stated to use the drive thru. All of the employees were sitting at the table out front. We went thru the drive thru but had not been back since then. There food is not the best, however their drinks are good!
Canada wondering

Beckley, WV

#5 Oct 2, 2012
Stopped the other day...they were closed...with five guys and panera coming maybe they hauled butt.
1 post removed
Sam

Bluefield, VA

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Sonic is closing all over southern WV. Princeton and St. Albans are now closed also. Looks like bankruptcy in the near future.
anonymous

Summersville, WV

#8 Oct 4, 2012
I worked there not long ago and only worked for a day. The place is falling apart. Went by yesterday and a guy from a bank was there taking pictures. I'm pretty sure Mr. White owned beckley, Princeton, and saint Albans stores.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 4, 2012
Obama's "jobs plan" They'll be more...where this came from. Are nation is in dire trouble!
1 post removed
LOL

Capitol Heights, MD

#11 Oct 4, 2012
I loved Sonic. I thought they had something a little different then a burger and fries combo.
TheFacts

United States

#12 Nov 9, 2012
ALL THREE SONICS HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN BY THE CORP. OFFICE. APPARENTLY MR. WHITE HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARRASSMENT IN ALL THREE STORES. DOESN'T SURPRISE ME, HE IS A VERY AROGANT PERSON WHO THINKS EVERYONE SHOULD SWOON OVER HIM. GLAD TO HEAR HE FINALLY GOT HIS. AND WHOEVER POSTED THE "OBAMA" COMMENT, YOU'RE A MORON.
No no no

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2012
I loved that place :(
get real

Beckley, WV

#14 Nov 21, 2012
I was told that a new road from Ragland would come through and take a big part of that lot, too. Maybe they closed for several reasons. I also read that the owner of the Beckley Sonic and 2 others had closed all 3 of his locations."The Facts"is right, whoever blamed Obama is an idiot! Hmmmm...
HUH

Charleston, WV

#15 Nov 21, 2012
get real wrote:
I was told that a new road from Ragland would come through and take a big part of that lot, too. Maybe they closed for several reasons. I also read that the owner of the Beckley Sonic and 2 others had closed all 3 of his locations."The Facts"is right, whoever blamed Obama is an idiot! Hmmmm...
More than just Sonic will shut down with the "new" administration. Wait and see!
justme

Beckley, WV

#16 Nov 21, 2012
mr. white had someone in his office embezzling money from the sonic accounts...that is why he decided to close them (they were so far in the red that it was actually cheaper to close them than spend the money to bring them back into the black). he also owns several other businesses (other restaraunts, also) that he was able to salvage...sonic probably wasnt ths best choice of franchise anyway, their corporation has been on the verge of bankruptcy for several years. hopefully he can do something else with the locations, the buildings arent very old
get real

Beckley, WV

#17 Nov 21, 2012
Businesses close all the time for all kinds of reasons, but I guess it is better to spread fear and suspicion! This is ONE frachisee's businesses, not the whole chain. Hostess Corporation wants to blame the striking workers for their predicament, but read about the managerial salaries in that company, before you believe it! If you're a bad businessman, or if your business can't keep up with the changing times,or you have terrible business practices, just blame Obama! That's convenient. No, I didn't vote for him, but I'm no fool, either!
Route 44 lover

Pineville, WV

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Obama did it
Thanks for voting him back in
1 post removed
dogsweiner

Rupert, WV

#20 May 4, 2013
Well, everything from global warming to the price of gas was Bush's fault. Blaming Obama isn't any more idiotic than blaming Bush. The presidents are pawns in a bigger game.
Sonic Fan

Chicago, IL

#21 May 5, 2013
Rest in peace to Sonic the Hedgehog, Seattle Supersonics and Sonic.
Shayne

Mount Hope, WV

#22 May 5, 2013
vanished wrote:
Obama's "jobs plan" They'll be more...where this came from. Are nation is in dire trouble!
Do you mean "OUR" as in more than one person? Do you realize "ARE" is a question? If someone can't distinguish between "our" and "are" how "ARE" people supposed to take you seriously?
buy

Tavares, FL

#23 Jun 11, 2013
I don't really know because I truly think they ran out of power
whatever

United States

#24 Jun 11, 2013
uh, yeah like over a year ago. thier drinks were awsome but the food was nasty! much like pasuqali mira.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Sep '11) 1 hr mr goodwrench 5,508
People Who Have Applied At Olive Garden.. (Sep '12) 1 hr Doug 22
pais (Mar '12) 1 hr haha 18
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 1 hr haha 15
Are junk yards open memorial day???? (May '14) 1 hr Kat 3
Pugh Dead - Rizzi Charged. 2 hr Ozzie 26
Cable TV Sold To French 5 hr Cracker Cartel 9
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE