First Prev
of 2
Next Last
someone

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone have 2 female kittens 6to 9 weeks old i am a12year old that wants one and maybe one for my sister also.please just don't want any smoky grey ones.Thanks

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#2 Dec 12, 2012
someone wrote:
Does anyone have 2 female kittens 6to 9 weeks old i am a12year old that wants one and maybe one for my sister also.please just don't want any smoky grey ones.Thanks
Wish I could help you out. Ive got a white cream colored male with orange tips (ears and tail) that is downright adorable that I am fostering but it is already claimed.

Honestly, if you can, please try to take from the shelters. Those are the ones that are basically sitting on death row who desperately need a home. And while Kittens are indeed cute, please try to look past that. I tell you from experience, my personal favorite cat I have ever had, was a shelter rescue and basically just grown out of "kitten" and I have never had a cat that was more loving and sweet in my life.

From one grumpy old cat, Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for, and hope you can help one in dire need in the process.
Kittens

United States

#3 Dec 12, 2012
Some really cute kittens in the pet store at crossroads mall.
Krissy

United States

#4 Dec 12, 2012
I really recommend going to the shelter. These animals really need a good home. I was going to adopt Shera. But she already got adopted. I see the look in these animals eyes.And it melts my heart. I wish I could adopt all of them.
Love my cat

United States

#5 Dec 12, 2012
I believe the animals at the pet store came from the Beckley shelter

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 12, 2012
Get a Maine Coon (coonie cat) if you can. I've owned lots of cats and they have always been my favorite. They're the equivalent of Golden Retrievers in dogs.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Go to the shelter

or check here

Raleigh County Animal Rescue

Coal City, West Virginia

http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/7453...

or check the "Ol Mountain Trader"
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>Me, too! I love them all and would like to have them. Evidently, someone knows that where I live, because I have 4 strays as pets, and they always find their way to my house. They are the best cats I have ever had! All special in different ways. There is no way I could go to the shelter, because I would be so sad and bring them all home. For all that can, I think it is wonderful. I have a new cat for Christmas and I told my husband that having her fixed is all I wanted for Christmas. I got my present last week! Merry Christmas!
LOL...your house is probably marked for stray cats the way hobos used to mark houses during the depression (way before your time I'm sure). Stray cats are the best...why do people want to get rid of them. I haven't had a stray in a long time...I guess owners are more responsible now...they at least take them to a shelter. My sister has a stray that is the best cat in the world...I would love to have her.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 12, 2012
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text> They are the BEST cat ever! My daughter called me one day from work and said they had rescued one out from under a building at their doctor's office where she worked. I drove 50 miles and brought him home with me. Didn't know he was a Maine Coon, but I knew he was different, until I took him to the vet and a lady that fosters cats for the shelter told me he was a full blooded Maine Coon. All my cats are special, but he is the sweetest, most beautiful, most loving cat ever. He is also going to be the biggest cat ever, too. They are amazing cats, too!
That almost made me cry. My Maine Coon is long gone but I will always remember him as the best cat I ever had. But ALL cats deserve a loving home.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text> They are the BEST cat ever! My daughter called me one day from work and said they had rescued one out from under a building at their doctor's office where she worked. I drove 50 miles and brought him home with me. Didn't know he was a Maine Coon, but I knew he was different, until I took him to the vet and a lady that fosters cats for the shelter told me he was a full blooded Maine Coon. All my cats are special, but he is the sweetest, most beautiful, most loving cat ever. He is also going to be the biggest cat ever, too. They are amazing cats, too!
How about all those toes! Have you ever visited the Hemingway House in Key West? All the cats have extra toes and they're everywhere...it's a haven for catlovers.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Got him from a shelter...God doesn't make any bad cats...adopt anyone of them and you will get a good cat. But I am partial to coonies.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2012
BTW, Key West is the best vacation ever...it's like going to a foreign country but you still have the best of the USA....can't be beat. Go on down, you won't regret it.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Sassy, I am sorry that you have to be subjected to the perverts on Beckley Topix but we're not safe anywhere. Don't let that turn you against coonie kittens. They're the best.

Level 6

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
Get a Maine Coon (coonie cat) if you can. I've owned lots of cats and they have always been my favorite. They're the equivalent of Golden Retrievers in dogs.
Yes... Maine coon are HIGHLY intelligent cats. Only concern is they get to be fairly large. If it is to be an inside cat it is something that needs to be taken into consideration if only to properly prepare for it.

Wiki rip for synopsis

"Males weigh from 15 to 25 lb (6.8 to 11 kg) with females weighing from 10 to 15 lb (4.5 to 6.8 kg).[18] The height of adults can vary between 10 and 16 in (25 and 41 cm) and they can reach a length of up to 40 in (100 cm), including the tail, which can reach a length of 14 in"

So if indoors exclusively (and I would hope so because it is the safest) they need either a fair stretch to run or areas they will be free to jump for exercise. Also have to take that belly into consideration too because takes a lot to maintain that hefty of a figure as well.

But if you have solid conditions its definitely a breed you cant go wrong with, plus their hunting instincts basically assure that you wont have to worry about any mice problems.(which oddly seem to be problematic around parts of Beckley)

Location hidden

#19 Dec 12, 2012
Excuse me, VirVox, what cat doesn't weigh between 15-20 pounds. I never had a cat that didn't weigh at least 15 pounds. Maybe you ought to depend less on the internet and more on your vet. Hmmm?

Location hidden

#20 Dec 12, 2012
I am very familiar with the Maine Coon and they are house cats....don't let anyone tell you differently.

Level 6

#21 Dec 12, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
Excuse me, VirVox, what cat doesn't weigh between 15-20 pounds. I never had a cat that didn't weigh at least 15 pounds. Maybe you ought to depend less on the internet and more on your vet. Hmmm?
Ok LL.. that is all well and good, however the problem is the average domestic cat weighs closer to 5-10lbs, not 15-20 lbs. If you have never had one smaller than 15.. Kudos... you take excellent care of yours. They are quite lucky. But your average cat rarely comes close to 15lbs. Pure bred Maine coons are on average noticeably larger, In height, length as well as overall body mass.

But just because I used a wiki snipet doesnt mean that is what I based the info from. Ill tell you I am like a crazy ole cat lady. I have fairly extensive knowledge with Alley cats, Ditch kitties, and just about every breed (cept Ragdoll, and if I ever get another, thats what I am going for)

You come off just a wee bit hateful with that response. I know we are both repp`ed by cats but we dont have to hiss and growl like em ;) Be nice

Location hidden

#22 Dec 12, 2012
But do you have experience with Maine Coons? If you don't then don't come on Topix telling people to not adopt Maine Coons. That's all I'm saying. Maine Coons are the best you can get, if you're lucky but there are plenty of cats that will make wonderful pets. I have never seen a cat that is not a wonderful pet. I love cats. OK?

Location hidden

#23 Dec 12, 2012
This is waht you said about Maine Coons so I hope you don't think this was a recommendation:

"Maine coon are HIGHLY intelligent cats. Only concern is they get to be fairly large. If it is to be an inside cat it is something that needs to be taken into consideration if only to properly prepare for it.

Wiki rip for synopsis

"Males weigh from 15 to 25 lb (6.8 to 11 kg) with females weighing from 10 to 15 lb (4.5 to 6.8 kg).[18] The height of adults can vary between 10 and 16 in (25 and 41 cm) and they can reach a length of up to 40 in (100 cm), including the tail, which can reach a length of 14 in"

Who cares about how large a cat is? You must not be a cat lover if you think this is a detriment.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#24 Dec 12, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
But do you have experience with Maine Coons? If you don't then don't come on Topix telling people to not adopt Maine Coons. That's all I'm saying. Maine Coons are the best you can get, if you're lucky but there are plenty of cats that will make wonderful pets. I have never seen a cat that is not a wonderful pet. I love cats. OK?
I didn't see anything in Vox's reply that said NOT to adopt Maine Coons. He just gave general information. What is wrong with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll How do you feel about the Mayor of Mabscott? (Feb '08) 2 hr Lacy short 148
Recreational marijuana 5 hr Kevin 12345 1
Dr. Omar Hasan 6 hr RPSjunkie 19
Beckley Gas Prices 8 hr Liz Sizemore 90
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 9 hr -Glinda- 7,243
Word association, I'll start it off (Feb '09) 10 hr what a russsh 6,232
Boys size 18month -2t free to child in need 21 hr Looking 8

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance