property 4 sale 4 back taxes

property 4 sale 4 back taxes

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Anonymous

Beckley, WV

#1 May 12, 2011
where does one find a list of property for sale for back taxes?
Calamity Jane

Beckley, WV

#2 May 12, 2011
I was told you could get one from Kevin Burgess the attorney in Fayetteville..
LIBERALTILDEATH

Oak Hill, WV

#3 May 12, 2011
Be careful with this type of purchase.Property purchased by paying off back taxes can still be reclaimed by the original owners .There is a time frame the owners must meet.My suggetion if you make this type of purchase hire a good real estate attorney and dont put any extra money into the property until you have a clear deed in hand.you should be able to check with the county clerk to find possible listings.good luck
Lisa

Beckley, WV

#4 May 12, 2011
Don't mess with buying back tax properties. I've lost much money in this arena
unknown

Beckley, WV

#5 May 12, 2011
Court house. It's public records
pissuoff

Beckley, WV

#6 May 12, 2011
besides the court house public records,,,there is a large list several pages long in the paper need to call them and find out when it will be printed
Big1

Beckley, WV

#7 May 12, 2011
After you find a piece of property you want to bid on go down stairs at the court house and look that property up in the books. The ladies will help you if you don't know what you are doing. Make sure that the property does exist. Years ago people estimated how much land they had. A person may have though they had 100 ac. and willed thier 5 kids 20 ac. each, come to find out they owned 60 ac. the other 40 ac. are on the books and charged taxes but don't exist. When the kid who was willed that land finds out they stop paying taxes, then the state sells this land just like it is there when it isn't. I bought some property one time without looking it up and lost my money, it wasn't much but buy the time I figured out what was going on it was too late to get my money back. I have purchased several pieces of land at these sales and usually do quite well with them. If you buy a piece of land they will tell you what you have to do. I let my lawyer take care of all the postings(running ads in the paper- cert. letters etc.). If it is a piece of land people know about and want you may have to pay quite more than the taxes, if not you can get it dirt cheap. Less than the taxes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA Beckley Employee 1 hr lynn 7
Beckley VA 1 hr lynn 11
CPS in Raleigh County (Apr '08) 2 hr Bull 83
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,626
jason clyburn 3 hr Really 15
Who thinks that the manager of kitchen collecti... 3 hr Unmm no 10
Detective web searchers{club} 4 hr Harvey Dent 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages