Pinehaven/MothersProgram unacceptable...

Pinehaven/MothersProgram unacceptable living conditions!

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
anonymous

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Oct 8, 2010
I was living at Pinehaven as a client of the MothersProgram rehab.Now i didnt expect Pinehaven to be great by no means but what I experienced there was completely unacceptable. Pinehaven is infested with bedbugs,scabies,and rats. I am not exaggerating by no means. I saw this with my own eyes. I was only there for a month and a half and even though i really need to be in a rehab, i couldnt bear it so i left. But alot of the girls are court ordered and do not have the choice to leave unless they go back to jail. One girl did choose jail after getting ate up with bedbugs. Its sad really. Girls are waking up with literally dozens of bites daily. And there r infants staying there. Nothing is being done despite the girls and families complaining,getting sick and reporting these things to staff and even dept. Of health. This is unsanitary and unsafe. What can i do to help these girls i became friends with and worry about? someone please help.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2010
Is that the same as Jack Withrow Hospital? If so, I read where racoons had taken over the place! It also said that it was so cold that everyone had to gather in the lobby!
Consequences

Beckley, WV

#3 Oct 9, 2010
anonymous wrote:
I was living at Pinehaven as a client of the MothersProgram rehab.Now i didnt expect Pinehaven to be great by no means but what I experienced there was completely unacceptable. Pinehaven is infested with bedbugs,scabies,and rats. I am not exaggerating by no means. I saw this with my own eyes. I was only there for a month and a half and even though i really need to be in a rehab, i couldnt bear it so i left. But alot of the girls are court ordered and do not have the choice to leave unless they go back to jail. One girl did choose jail after getting ate up with bedbugs. Its sad really. Girls are waking up with literally dozens of bites daily. And there r infants staying there. Nothing is being done despite the girls and families complaining,getting sick and reporting these things to staff and even dept. Of health. This is unsanitary and unsafe. What can i do to help these girls i became friends with and worry about? someone please help.
Stop your bitching. You are getting the consequences you deserve for your foolish and selfish choice to get involved with drugs. Most of you put a drug up your nose or a needle in your skin, so why fret over a harmless bedbug. They don't hurt, and they don't carry disease. Keep your place clean and the rats won't be there. You paid for drugs, so pay a doctor to give you some scabies medicine. It's cheap.

If I had my preference, you would be court ordered to have sterilization, your children would be permanently taken away and all parental rights terminated, and you would be banished from West Virginia forever.

You and all the other drug users made your choice, now live with your consequences and stop your belly aching. Shall we taxpayers put you up in the Greenbrier and feed you caviar and tea?
anonymous

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Oct 9, 2010
BeckleyAlone wrote:
Is that the same as Jack Withrow Hospital? If so, I read where racoons had taken over the place! It also said that it was so cold that everyone had to gather in the lobby!
Its pinehaven homeless shelter right beside that hospitol behind FMRS. I havent seen any raccoons but yes there was no heat until a few days ago.
smashley

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Oct 9, 2010
Consequences wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your bitching. You are getting the consequences you deserve for your foolish and selfish choice to get involved with drugs. Most of you put a drug up your nose or a needle in your skin, so why fret over a harmless bedbug. They don't hurt, and they don't carry disease. Keep your place clean and the rats won't be there. You paid for drugs, so pay a doctor to give you some scabies medicine. It's cheap.
If I had my preference, you would be court ordered to have sterilization, your children would be permanently taken away and all parental rights terminated, and you would be banished from West Virginia forever.
You and all the other drug users made your choice, now live with your consequences and stop your belly aching. Shall we taxpayers put you up in the Greenbrier and feed you caviar and tea?
I couldn't agree more!
Please dont give up

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 9, 2010
First of all, I applaud you for admitting you even need help. You show that you care because of your concern for the other girls and the babies. These conditions should not be accepted in any facility. Just because someone has made bad choices doesn't mean they deserve poor treatment. You are trying to better your life and your babies life. Please ignore those trying to bring you down. You will always find those people in anything you do. But, remember, you are in charge of your life and leading your child through life. Your choices will matter forever in your life and in your babies life. You need to try to find other help. I am not affiliated with this church, but, I know Shelby at the Fishes and Loaves center is a great woman and may be able to find you some help. Also, the Salvation Army is a great place to ask for help. You may also try Heart of God Ministries. Be honest, tell them you need help and what happened to you at this shelter. Just be honest and ask for the help you need and do your best to follow through. I was a teen mother and I made it through with God's help. Don't let anyone tell you you can't make it. Set your eyes and heart on making a life for you and your baby. God is bigger than any of our problems and he loves you, no matter what has happened. As for the other girls and the hospital situation, try writing the governor, the senators, anyone involved in politics. You could try the paper as well. As for great care, Huntington WV has lots of great programs and may be a better situation for you to get a good rehab program and help with the baby. Cornerstone Psychological in Beaver can also help with counseling. I wish as a teen I would have taken parenting classes, too. These are offered at different places from the state and sometimes through private organizations. PLEASE do not give up. You have it in you to make it. To those who discourage you, just ignore them. Keep plowing ahead, you can do it. A good place to start is with Shelby at Fishes and Loaves. She is a great lady! Prayin for you!

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#7 Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone know if things have improved there, yet?

October 6, 2010
Heating, raccoon problems plague state nursing home

http://wvgazette.com/News/201010061116
help

United States

#8 Jun 24, 2011
has anything changed there anyone know?
Randi

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Jun 24, 2011
Consequences wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to feel the same way until a family member became addicted to pain pills prescribed by her doctor. She was out of control for a long time. I watched her go from a great mom to a pill addict and it was devastating. But I still loved her and remembered the precious person she used to be. I learned sympathy and empathy through that. Drug addicts are someone's child, mom, sister, dad, brother, etc. I remember that before I put someone down. You dont have to agree with a person's life choices but you sure dont need to put them down. I am thinking they have enough of that as it is.I counseled drug addicts for years and it is mostly hopeless. Downing them does not encourage them to get better. It feeds the habit.
Ellis

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Jun 24, 2011
The case manager there, Tracey, needs investigated. Do they not realize their case manager deals dope? Now that's clueless.
Amen

Beckley, WV

#11 Jun 25, 2011
Consequences wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldnt have said that better myself!
laney

United States

#12 Jun 25, 2011
The mother program is building a new facility right behind the shelter, obviously they are working on the problem. Drive by and look for yourself.
bigrog58

Beckley, WV

#13 Jun 25, 2011
Consequences wrote:
<quoted text>
your a real idiot addiction is a disease and your comment is stupid maybe they should let you live there and see how you like getting bitten by bed bugs just because people try to change their lives doent mean they have too live in those conditions so shut up and grow up
bigrog58

Beckley, WV

#14 Jun 25, 2011
your a real idiot addiction is a disease and your comment is stupid maybe they should let you live there and see how you like getting bitten by bed bugs just because addicts try to change their lives doesnt mean they have to live in those conditions so shut up and grow up until you know what your talking about you moron
Vol Fire Fighter

Lerona, WV

#15 Oct 3, 2011
what about the mens program for rehab?
concerned

Rocky Mount, NC

#16 Oct 3, 2011
i know one thing i will find a way to report this.this is gross.this shouldnt be a bad place just cause someone needs help.babies in there what did they do to deserve this people?you want to talk crap about the conditions are ok that is what they deserve.what about the babies?they dont deserve it most deff and the mothers are trying why do they deserve it.this program is to bring people off the streets and out of addiction not more into addiction and live like you would on the streets.this is terrible and i will somehow someway get this looked at the lady selling drugs there she will be gone.wait and see.this is a freakin shame.im flaming mad at this matter.im getting on the phone now.
Well

Waynesboro, VA

#17 Oct 3, 2011
Vol Fire Fighter wrote:
The mens program is called the LEARN program. You can do inpatient or out. If you don't stay there you have to attend 3 AA/NA classes a week and one 2hr class there for 12 weeks.
nancy

United States

#18 Oct 3, 2011
The mother program is a free program and one of the few in the country that accepts women only, pregnant women and women who want their children with them during rehab. Say what you want but they have a high sucsess rate and most girls go for free. This kind of program isn't available everywhere, call around and see if other rehabs take pregnant girls or women and their kids together, the shelter needs $ to fix things, yet the addicts for the most part attend for free, its a problem. These programs are a privilage not a right. There is a huge waiting list, I know people waiting on it. If people don't like the conditions they should leave and let someone on the list have the chance to get in.
unknown

Ashburn, VA

#19 Nov 6, 2011
Vol Fire Fighter wrote:
im in the rehab now. Bugs are getting better. Been here 3 months and no bug bites.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#20 Nov 6, 2011
Please dont give up wrote:
First of all, I applaud you for admitting you even need help. You show that you care because of your concern for the other girls and the babies. These conditions should not be accepted in any facility. Just because someone has made bad choices doesn't mean they deserve poor treatment. You are trying to better your life and your babies life. Please ignore those trying to bring you down. You will always find those people in anything you do. But, remember, you are in charge of your life and leading your child through life. Your choices will matter forever in your life and in your babies life. You need to try to find other help. I am not affiliated with this church, but, I know Shelby at the Fishes and Loaves center is a great woman and may be able to find you some help. Also, the Salvation Army is a great place to ask for help. You may also try Heart of God Ministries. Be honest, tell them you need help and what happened to you at this shelter. Just be honest and ask for the help you need and do your best to follow through. I was a teen mother and I made it through with God's help. Don't let anyone tell you you can't make it. Set your eyes and heart on making a life for you and your baby. God is bigger than any of our problems and he loves you, no matter what has happened. As for the other girls and the hospital situation, try writing the governor, the senators, anyone involved in politics. You could try the paper as well. As for great care, Huntington WV has lots of great programs and may be a better situation for you to get a good rehab program and help with the baby. Cornerstone Psychological in Beaver can also help with counseling. I wish as a teen I would have taken parenting classes, too. These are offered at different places from the state and sometimes through private organizations. PLEASE do not give up. You have it in you to make it. To those who discourage you, just ignore them. Keep plowing ahead, you can do it. A good place to start is with Shelby at Fishes and Loaves. She is a great lady! Prayin for you!
I think you are awesome for this attitude people have no love for their brothers and sisters anymore, the world needs more compassion. Everybody falls and I hope somebody gets the children who didn't ask to be born help and who ever posted this this is probably a federally funded program, so they receive grant money if they arent keeping up their facility their grant money could be pulled so it should be reported to your state agencies versus the county ones who are more likely to ignore it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kenneth/kenny sizemore 4 min youreacockstain 1
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 8 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,070
Date a girl with these measurements (Aug '12) 12 hr Nancy 37
Weak Trump has Lied to Every one he has seen ab... 17 hr Joe Ridgeway 43
Wong Moo Kwan karate place and other places 18 hr Eddie 7
how much longer? 21 hr Legal Rubric 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Fuckwitmenc 4,019

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance