Who is having church at the armory?

Who is having church at the armory?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Old Sniper

Rocky Mount, NC

#1 Dec 6, 2009
I was at the Armory today and there was 200-300 people having church there. What church is this? It sounded like they were having a good time.
redneck

Oakland, MD

#2 Dec 6, 2009
I don't know, but they all want that money and then they will tell ya the lord will save ya! all the good preachers are just about died off! and they don't take any money for there service!!!
It's all about the money!! for example joel o'stein
they sell out place's like football stadiums and the armory! if they want to preach the word of god then they need to drop the fee for admitance and stop asking for money,then see how many preach!!
1 post removed
Reverant

Beckley, WV

#4 Dec 6, 2009
This is no holy place.... The Beckley/Raleigh County Convention Center. All blasphemies aside, I assume the entire Beckley community will be forced to endure another atrocity of sorts, the soiling of until tomorrow, a true honor, The Spirit of Beckley Award. I also assume this festivity, as in the past, will be conducted at the Armory. PS. All tickets have been sold. PPS This congregation is all filled up.
The Honorable Emmet Pugh, Mayor to this great city of ours: Beckley WV, will be placed with other truley great contributors towards the blessed community we all so greatly appreciate. For what? We most certainly SHOULD ask: FOR DOING HIS JOB. Other than Congressman Nicky Jo Rahall, as far as I can tell this honor has only been given to true pillars of the community, after their 9-5. Not after 5:pm tomorrow.... so as to assume the pulpit, but at all moments these true natural helpers could find time to wholeheartedly contribute to Beckley and Southern WV's betterment. I for one feel a wholehearted sorrow for Susan Landis, Margaret Sayre, Mr. Phillips of Phillips Machine,(to only name the few I know personally) and all the rest of the true Spiritians of this good place.

Please Good Lord May the most prestigious honor of this area recover.

-R
Pastor Matt E

Beckley, WV

#5 Dec 6, 2009
I believe that would Be Pastor Sam Peterson, and Pastor Jason Lowe. Two good men who recently decided to step out in faith and open up a non denominational church.
ralph

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 6, 2009
whats wtong with churches we already have?
Pastor Matt E

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 7, 2009
ralph wrote:
whats wtong with churches we already have?
What is wrong with having one more?
Just2Say

Lubbock, TX

#8 Dec 7, 2009
Pastor Sam and Pastor Jason are wonderful! Unfortunately, they left from the Church of God Family Worship Center but they were led to start having service at the armory and attendance from this past Sunday was about double from the Sunday before last!
Church time

Pineville, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2009
What times are the services out there? Are they still having services at the armory? Does the armory charge to park there during service time?
happy gurl

Sophia, WV

#10 Dec 11, 2009
No charge to park, services start at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday
Whereupastor

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2010
Pastor Matt E wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with having one more?
Do you preach at that place on Mount Tabor Road?
Could it be

Beckley, WV

#12 Mar 7, 2010
Wonder why pastor JL doesnt want a building? He did think he may get FWC. That is not going to happen now after this past weeks meetings. Did he or will get the offer of a nice big church by cleveland tn, outside of beckley? answer... Yes! Could this be why he doesnt want to build a building? He will jump ship too when the time is right? Maybe sooner than some think?
Leave the mayor alone

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2010
Leave the mayor alone he deserves this award since this is his last term in office.the city could not afford a going away party so they are giving him this award as a parting gift. Good bye emmet we will miss your sorry ass NOT!!!!!
concerned

Belington, WV

#14 Mar 9, 2010
Could it be wrote:
Wonder why pastor JL doesnt want a building? He did think he may get FWC. That is not going to happen now after this past weeks meetings. Did he or will get the offer of a nice big church by cleveland tn, outside of beckley? answer... Yes! Could this be why he doesnt want to build a building? He will jump ship too when the time is right? Maybe sooner than some think?
What meetings are you talking about?
pondering

Belington, WV

#15 Mar 9, 2010
The meetings with Wicker and Stan Lester. Maybe Wicker is trying to revive the dead horse and bring in Stan Lester who was one of the men the Deacons wanted to interview when Mark Schrade left. But Wicker said "No, Lester didn't have the experience necessary to be a senior pastor." Boy has Wicker's credibility gone done when it comes to knowing people as he has evidenced by his own actions over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 7 min nope 1,079
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. 15 min Closed Borders 4 ... 33
Cheating men 5 hr Yep 7
Dr. M Rahim MD (Jan '12) Tue Msdarlin 24
Beckley WV GAS PRICES Tue gas buddy 14
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) May 20 Princess Hey 7,846
C adam toney May 19 Buzzlightyear 1

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages